535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
UMU Avatar
I mean, most of the lore is already there to be begin with. we could learn more about the sub-races of what's already here. apart from miquo'te, hyurs and au'ra, can anyone tell me any major lore points involving say, lala, roe or elezen sub races? I personally can't and lore for them is scant at best because of it?? a lot of the lore out there is player made, not from squeenix mouth. so idk why more sub-races is a good idea when we don't even have stuff on the ones we do have. and if we have, then where I must consume!

I'm all for more sub-races, but I feel we need to expand on what we already have first? that's just me tho. XD

I feel like there’s a bit more in the lore book but like... again it’s locked behind a $30 purchase so it’s not like it’s readily accessible...

I’m sure there’s more information regarding the sub races but it’s not by much of a large margin. Then again it’s not important (to SE) bc it’s not seen as dev work being allotted towards actual game content so I highly doubt we would get more in a reasonable amount of time... maybe one day Koji Fox would pen down more details for us!
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar

BLU being DPS didn't bother me. BLU being basically "Diadem: The Job" was what really ruined it for me. 

Note: It's far easier to implement DPS classes because the tank jobs we have right now are still imbalanced, and let's not talk about how it's going to take quite a few reworks on making new healer jobs feel "different" but still "the same"... it's not that i don't like tanks or healers but I understand that it's just sooooo so so much easier to balance a DPS job than those other roles...

I think they're doing this deliberately by veiling it as an "intentional" decision; it's anything but. I highly suspect they're releasing it this coming patch 4.5 to test out how well it would perform. Honestly, I don't have high hopes for it. BLU is dead on arrival to me. I don't think I would even consider leveling it.

I'm going to be the odd one out and say, visual/aesthetics-wise, I hate the artifact armour. It looks too foppish for me. Give me back FF11 BLU.
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar

iirc you learn skills and then you decide which skills to take with you into battle, so BLU was very much a moveset sort of Job in FF11. So it's not entirely undoable in FFXIV, I just sort of expected them to follow the SMN path; job quests have you learning moves from mobs, and then you keep those skills in your repertoire for use. 

Also, FF11 BLU was very Thavnarian themed!

aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

[THROWS WORD WALL]

blue mage
i'm honestly not that bothered by the news, but that's probably because i'm not a diehard blue mage fan. it sucks that it's "limited" and you can't queue into duties solo with it, but like... it's too early for me to really have an opinion on blue mage. the job hasn't been released yet, and we don't know their future plans with it. they might be looking for feedback on blue mage before going further with it. they might have plans to open it up for solo queueing into duties once they balance it. who knows? it's just too early for anything.

world visit system
holy shit. this was a feature that came out of nowhere, and it blew my mind. i'm so so hyped for this feature, like - screw everything else i'll just take this 😂 i'm kidding, i want msq too. but seriously, this feature is awesome and i can't wait for it to be implemented. i have a couple of friends on another server in aether aehter and i did make an alt to play with them on that server (and replay story), but i wanna do things on my main, y'know?? and i have other friends on my main's server, and i don't wanna leave them, so this feature is literally heavensent.

new game +
another feature that came out of nowhere. i'm actually pretty excited for this too, for so many reasons. i've been wanting to re-experience some of my job questlines, such as dragoon and red mage and um dark knight(!!!), but i don't really want to make an alt to do so? so this feature is gonna be amazing! if it works LMAO

main scenario quest
WHEEZES I CANT FUCKING WAIT AAAAAAA 4.4 HAD ME FEELING ALL SORTS OF THINGS I LOVED IT SO MUCH AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LEAD INTO SHADOWBRINGERS AAAAAAAAAAA

return to ivalice / four lords / eureka
i liek story and lore so i'm down for all these. i need to catch up with eureka (stopped before pagos rip), but luckily i'm not worried about the relic weapon. i'm most excited for the new ivalice alliance raid though! not just for the hint of the new playable race i'll scream with frustration if it's not viera lolol, but also because i'm excited to learn an alliance raid day one. 4.4 was the first patch i was caught up on, so i got to learn alphascape day one with everyone else and it was sooo much fun. so i'm defs excited to see how much of a mess an alliance raid is 😂

last edit on Nov 19, 2018 1:43:35 GMT by valka
if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
159written posts
dsboywonder25earned bits
offlinecurrently
dsboywonder25
dsboywonder25 Avatar
As someone without many friends who I can play with, I'd welcome an option to do things solo, especially as I play on PS4 and have no easy way to actually type (well actually so far I've not even found a way of even opening up chat on PS4 never mind typing!). The reason I say this is because my main (Ta'vren) is a tank.... but I won't attempt a dungeon without my friend there who's on PC, because she's talking in my ear to tell me where I need to go, what I need to hit first, as well as she'll go "Hey, he's never done this dungeon before, be patient" to give everyone else a heads up.

I'm not sure on Blu (Blue?) Mage as a class for me but I'm certainly intrigued

A Final Fantasy XIV Roleplay
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

i'm gonna be sticking to aether! there's honestly not much reason for me to move elsewhere, unless i go back to EU since i live in the UK but uh... i got kinda sick of being disconnected far too often [sweats] plus an NA data centre works better for my schedule or lack thereof. sucks though that i won't be able to bug u ingame, i just wanna poke everyone then go back to being a ghost

with viera i have this Fear that yoshi p is trolling us LOL i know every single sign points to viera but i'm just like "BUT WHAT IF." i do hope we get both versions of viera though ;o; it'd be such a waste of design if they didn't bc they're both nice?? weeps

also don't feel sorry, i talk about ffxiv literally 24/7 @ L O L sometimes u just gotta obess

as a ps4 player, i wholeheartedly recommend getting yourself a wireless keyboard! i got one for pretty cheap off amazon (£10, i think?) and it works great, and it's just made me feel more able to do stuff on ffxiv since i can say i'm new to a dungeon or ask how to handle a mechanic. i'd definitely say look into a keyboard, it opens up a Whole New World

if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
159written posts
dsboywonder25earned bits
offlinecurrently
dsboywonder25
dsboywonder25 Avatar
valka Avatar

i'm gonna be sticking to aether! there's honestly not much reason for me to move elsewhere, unless i go back to EU since i live in the UK but uh... i got kinda sick of being disconnected far too often [sweats] plus an NA data centre works better for my schedule or lack thereof. sucks though that i won't be able to bug u ingame, i just wanna poke everyone then go back to being a ghost

with viera i have this Fear that yoshi p is trolling us LOL i know every single sign points to viera but i'm just like "BUT WHAT IF." i do hope we get both versions of viera though ;o; it'd be such a waste of design if they didn't bc they're both nice?? weeps

also don't feel sorry, i talk about ffxiv literally 24/7 @ L O L sometimes u just gotta obess

as a ps4 player, i wholeheartedly recommend getting yourself a wireless keyboard! i got one for pretty cheap off amazon (£10, i think?) and it works great, and it's just made me feel more able to do stuff on ffxiv since i can say i'm new to a dungeon or ask how to handle a mechanic. i'd definitely say look into a keyboard, it opens up a Whole New World

I'm definitely looking into that eventually - it's just right now as a streamer with give aways to prepare for and christmas I'm putting that first xD

I mean I'll be spending at maximum £220 on games to giveaway over december so xD

Also I can see at this rate I'll be moving to US servers off my EU servers somehow. Everyone I meet is like "oh yeh I play on US data center" me: :( -sits and pets Ta'vren on Zodiark-

A Final Fantasy XIV Roleplay
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
I know someone who's Oceania region playing on NA Data Center because of how congested it is on Tonberry (unofficial English-speaking server on Japan DC). Aside from the few hiccups on ping, he's more or less learned his own special timing on AOEs and attacks so it's pretty doable especially if you're coming from the UK!
pronounsany
253written posts
UMUearned bits
offlinecurrently
UMU
UMU Avatar
I'm going to change, one step at a time, even if you won't forgive me
ok so is pure and has a lot of my own outlook on the info from fanfest so weeeeeee eeeeee

also I'm sticking with aether but 2/3 rp servers on aether got punked to the new crystal. rip balmung and mateus XD midgardsomr just gets to stay there, and be confused. ( in fact before this I was unaware there was a lot of rp there like what ) so I'll def hopefully get to see some of you! <3

but on limited jobs: if I remember correctly, BLU just literally, and pardon me, utterly fucked and buggered every single 11 team comp just by virtue of did you need anything other then BLU? which is what they're trying to avoid here from what I can tell. also I feel there's a misconception - it's not that you can't do raids, trials and other things. you just can't queue for them synced as in solo q. you CAN however, queue up with a premade party and do these things unsynced. so you could go do the binding coil of bahamut or the crystal tower raids - you'd just need a few other people before hand. considering that's how most people do 99% of the older content, it's not a big difficulty. I guess it does suck you can't do current content with it, but... honestly I'm just glad they're testing it out because I remember how they fucked summoner in the ass since it was literally broken. just r i p. I honestly would like to see where they go with this, and it might be nice to see other classes that people keep yelling about but otherwise are far too hard to fix into an mmo setting without twisting the balance to utterly ridiculous. but yeah my two cents.

also this time I read all the posts before posting r i p

Also random thought: everyone thinks the shirt is viera but they've been wrong before. what if it was just the fenrir mount and yoshi p is trolling us??? there was a motorcycle on it. oh boy I don't want to be there for the explosion if it's not viera tho @.@ the spiderman shirt comes to mind.

BUT ANOTHER NOTE because I'm weird and scattered - I love to rant about 14 too. obviously. lol. <3