HTTYD Hidden World, Alternate Universe

31written posts
Lorsynthearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lorsynth
Lorsynth Avatar
"Hail. Praise"

I saw the new HTTYD movie and it really solidified an idea for me. I've been wanting to start up a casual HTTYD rp for quite a while now, close to a year really, but I've been busy with other projects and not really had the time for it. Though thinking about it more seriously I'm pretty sure I could manage it. I was sort of held back for lack of ideas that didn't involve the cannon characters, but the movie obviously gave me some inspiration for it.

So it's no secret I'm obsessed with fungus and seeing some of the darn beautiful aesthetics of the hidden world I just couldn't resist trying to come up with a setting to match. Lots of really crazy locations, fungi, coral, luminescence, cannon and new dragons. Probably wouldn't have some grand plot, just lots of little nooks to rp in, and fun things to interact with. I'd probably throw in a bit of an item based trade system among players for things like dragon armour, but nothing major and probably not anything that really effects the rp. I'd gear it towards a lot of player based site-wide & group plots, and tweak the world as they progress things in whichever direction they like.

HELMVALE
(Working title, please suggest)

A village is raided.
Survivors drift out to sea.
Horrifying waterfall swallows them up.
People who didn't die establish a new homestead further in.
(Probable somewhere hidden, like a giant multi leveled plateau of fungi climbing up a cavernous wall of tunnels. Perfect for early settlers to avoid attracting the attention of dragons.)
Befriend Dragons . ? ? ? . Profit

I'll flesh this out slowly, but I'd love to see how many people would be interested in something like this!

last edit on Jan 13, 2019 7:49:40 GMT by Lorsynth
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.