What should I watch [anime/cartoons]

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar

I'll regret posting this, [she regrets most of her actions] BUT!!   HELLO FOLKS what anime or cartoons do you suggest and why?

Note: The lesser known the anime/cartoon is, the better... mostly because I've stalked things for years and we all know Attack on titan..

Posting this up out of boredom and figured somebody is Fan screaming somewhere "YOU HAVE TO FREAKING WATCH THIS... OR DIE. THEN REVIVE TO WATCH IT!!"   SO What do you suggest?  

[[I uhh don't wanna list what I've seen.. so if I've seen it I'll make a comment on your suggestion with Fangirling/opinion as well [heart?] I'll uhh only make Positive commentary]]

(ps this is Ginger's attempt to be "proactive" )

added later: I'll like any post with a show i haven't seen, and am willing to check it out in free time.
last edit on Jan 17, 2019 4:09:45 GMT by Ginger
aliasrav, birb
pronounshe / they
418written posts
ravyn ⭑earned bits
offlinecurrently
ravyn ⭑
ravyn ⭑ Avatar
uh hi hello i've come here with two i've recently watched and still cry over weeks later.

one is called sirius the jaeger, and it's beautifully written and such a different take on the norm. i fell in love with it the first time i saw the art (thanks in part to for that) and after watching it, the story is so, so good. it's only 12 episodes, so it's an easy watch (which i did in one day oops) but it's def something i'll put on again!

the second one is called banana fish, and i'll start by saying i went into that one knowing absolutely nothing about it. again, i was taken by the art, and the story soon too my heart with it. it does start out a tiny bit rough, but the characters are so... good and wonderful, and also heartbreaking. i still tear up a tiny bit over the whole series, but it's a good kinda memory!

aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
283written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark

I’m here with a couple obscure but very different recommendations!

Mononoke. Also it’s prequel Ayakashi Bakeneko.

This series is just amazingly beautiful. It’s a horror series about yokai that follows a really mysterious main character, and I honestly can’t figure out how to sum it up. It’s really unique in many ways. In fact I think looking stuff up about it might wreck some of the atmosphere. Every episode is like an art piece. I will say some episodes have some very dark and disturbing things as a warning though.

Arashi No Yoru Ni the movie.

This movie is fricken cute, and like a 180 from the above. The story is about a wolf named Gabu and a goat named Mei who become friends by accident, despite the fact wolves obviously eat goats. When Mei’s flock and Gabu’s pack find out things go badly all around and the two of them have to decide how far they’ll go to stay together.

It’s a really dramatic and heartfelt movie. It’s probably the only basically gay kids/family movie I can think of too, tbh. The Japanese voices are also just really good. Especially Mei’s voice, he is really nice to listen to.

last edit on Jan 18, 2019 21:30:42 GMT by kappaccino
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
First person to list an anime I've seen before, just started watching Mob this Monday. Huge fan, really feels like watching One Punch man along with some other anime. Can't wait for the next episodes. Just love how everyone around the Main character are screaming at him to try harder, while the Main just zoned out unfocused. Completely refreshing from lots of anime tropes. There's other things here and there really enjoyed, but majorly gotta say it was quite enjoyable.

Gave Sirius the Jaegar a shot, loved the artwork and the two brothers. I'm only halfway through, but am watching it, thank you for the suggestion. Really into what "the ark" truly is.... I hope its cool.

//Anything not listed have yet to watch, will get around to it eventually so I'll be tagging later on.... one day.//
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
If you like Shounen and somehow haven't seen it -- My Hero Academia.

If you wanted more team-based action and more student freedom without being told 'No' all the time by authority figures, try out RWBY.

If you're looking for something to watch and like big set piece action scenes and don't care if the plot makes any sense, try out Fate/Apocrypha.