Alien/Zombie-esque Apocalypse

31written posts
Lorsynthearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lorsynth
Lorsynth Avatar
"Hail. Praise"
I posted this idea to another forum a little while back, figured I'd shove it up here too.

I'll make it pretty if it gets any traction, but I love aliens, giant alien plants, cute alien monsters and pets and HARDCORE SURVIVAL.

I’m always a big fan of survival games and it’s something I’ve wanted to do for quite a while but I’m not so sure how well it’d work as an rp, since most of the ones I do find tend to die pretty quickly compared to other rps.

It’d probably be alien themed so I could include some gnarly looking monsters and aliens pets, could probably involve genetic mutation, parasite alien babies or 'mind control' for a zombie-esque feel among survivors and plenty of stats and dice roll events and conflicts. I’m also a big lore junkie so the world would have plenty of juicy detail.

I love survival inventories so I’d definitely spend some time on items and the like. Though it might be more geared towards personal rp than a complete stat system. (Or it’ll be a moderated stat system.)

Not much of a sales pitch yet so I’ll spend some time and invest in the idea over the weekend, but wanted to get it out there and see if there was any interest for something like this first.

I also already have this theme, I decided against using it for my own forum but it could definitely be tweaked to look sufficiently end of worldy. Though if I took this on I'd probably make something new for it.

If random encounters where handled well by moderators it might also force players into grouping up on a larger scale, for two or three players if a random encounter was a bus full of alien zombies then they'd probably get eaten alive. Could set up special boards/open locations where these happen often and then safehouses for people to rp on smaller scales without threat.

Might also be interesting to have a safe house hoard too, items collected out in the open areas are brought back for the entire team, and the team can decide how to use them to upgrade things like defences or weaponry. It'd also mean players would have to strategise amongst each-other and group leaders before the start rping in open areas.

Another bonus too would be moderators have large power over rp sway, so it'll be harder for players to predict how all their characters will interact and what they'll do.

last edit on Jan 17, 2019 8:31:37 GMT by Lorsynth
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.