What do you do when you're bored?

pronounsShe/Her
63written posts
Abbyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Abby
Abby Avatar
I wanna grab both your shoulders and shake, baby, snap out of it
In all honesty, the amount of posts i've made today is probably bordering on annoying, but I'm just soo bored. Usually, I'm piled high with homework or extracurriculars or sports, but today I was sick and I stayed home alone. I'm a very social person, so not being able to talk to anyone for this long is kinda difficult, ngl (first world problems, ik). I can rp of course, which I love to do, I just can't do it all day, or else I tire myself out. But anyway, I couldn't decide what to do because I have too many choices and nothing sounds appealing, so I thought i'd ask you guys- what do you like to do when you're bored (besides the obvious choice, rping)?
last edit on Feb 23, 2019 0:19:23 GMT by Abby
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.
Idly browse the site, searching for new topics and posts to past the time. Sometimes I go to Twitter for these needs, scrolling up or down until I lose joy in that, too. Or, if I'm in the mood for it, I game. Depending on said game, I might even listen to a podcast, maybe an audiobook.

But mostly, I just sit in front of my screen, hoping something new and intriguing catches my eye.
pronounsShe / Her
70written posts
Blossomearned bits
offlinecurrently
Blossom
Blossom Avatar
Blonde to the bone
-gasp- abbyyyy hiii. also sorry this is late but...oh well lol

For me, I usually work on my art, but mostly just doodles - I usually don't do big drawing projects when I'm bored, because wheeeew, that's a lot of effort haha. I do messy sketches that are more focused on the design/form rather than the image, which also is great for warm-ups if I do decide to commit to my drawing!

My other go-to is video games...which I know not everyone has the consoles or doesn't like them, but they're a massive chunk of my hobbies, really. I do a lot of RPGs and strategy games (and surprisingly, there a lot of great apps for that genre). But board games are fun, too - I finally tried out Clue and it's super flippin' fun. Plus, there's always the good old Monopoly, which will cure your boredom and instead fill you with unrequited rage. LOL.

I also do research. A lot of it. Sounds super boring...I know...it kinda is...but my 'research' is done a lot through Pinterest articles, and...I'm on there 24/7 looking at FCs I'll never use already, so that works out. xD also really good recipes... it's too addicting.

last edit on Feb 27, 2019 10:28:40 GMT by Blossom
pronounsShe / Her
79written posts
Chaileo ✧earned bits
offlinecurrently
Chaileo ✧
Chaileo ✧ Avatar
Im just awkwardly here for the templates
baking
okay hear me out, it does take some energy, but i always feel so happy and relaxed when baking, you get some really good food out of it and its great for bribing people with

or you could watch cgi short animated films on youtube they're all really emotional and quite good
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Honestly when I'm bored most of the time I don't rp. It's sad, but that's more of a productive based hobby. When I'm bored I do something mindless like make jewelry. It takes my thought process away and helps me to kind of be in the moment, as well as gives me the ability to both create something and control something. It's a really nice balance.
pronounsShe/Her
63written posts
Abbyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Abby
Abby Avatar
I wanna grab both your shoulders and shake, baby, snap out of it
Chaileo ✧ Avatar
baking
okay hear me out, it does take some energy, but i always feel so happy and relaxed when baking, you get some really good food out of it and its great for bribing people with

or you could watch cgi short animated films on youtube they're all really emotional and quite good
OMG yes I love love love baking but I also hate it because then I end up with a bunch of cookies that are not healthy for me LOL
pronounsShe/Her
14written posts
Vervainearned bits
offlinecurrently
Vervain
Vervain Avatar
i stay awake again tonight / maybe tomorrow night, too
I'm in the same boat as you are so often Abs, it's not even funny. LOL. Most of the time I'll immediately go to Pinterest and simply scroll the main page, and a lot of the time, I'm met with some inspiration to do something, like playing a game or continuing reading That One Book I've Had For A Year That I Can't Get Through But Everyone Says Is Good -- or even just laying down in bed and taking a much-needed nap.

I often find that I think way too hard on what I want to do when I know the answer and instead sit in fear of "what if that would be wasting my time that would be much better spent doing x?"

Speaking of which, I have an essay due Wednesday.

Oops.
pronounsShe/Her
23written posts
Jinnearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jinn
Jinn Avatar
lol 'oops'

Hmm. There are a lot of things I like to do.

When I'm bored though, I just flop over my bed or a couch with my phone to read fanfiction or a good book. More likely than not it's fanfiction and I'm reading an all time favorite. It's a fun way to kill the time, because I can be reading and it's... say 2 pm. Next thing I know, I'm pushing midnight and I've gone through 5 HP fanfics that are easily 30-40 chapters long. Or a single 120 chapter fic.
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
I make pixel art on my phone, it doesn’t drain my battery as much and I still get to do something productive. Otherwise I learn a new craft which later becomes an issue as I start to obesse over it. So far I’ve been learning a craft every month 8T
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
I don't rp, one. Find it hard to post when I'm bored and sadly I'm bored a lot.

Two, I tend to just watch youtube videos because I'm a mindless degenerate ngkfkgk.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
all my hobbies are (horrifically enough) almost all related to writing/reading because i .... yeah ......  but !!! i do think i do a couple of things that surround writing/reading: i write fanfic & i read, for example !! recently i've been reading a few chinese webnovels/jpn light novels, and i read an unholy amount of webtoons, too. an unreasonable amount. really.

as of late, i've also gotten interested in making graphics, too, so sometimes i'll just drift around and icon random webtoon characters in hopes that my gfx skills will improve they haven't lol !!! i also write original fiction so sometimes i work on that too. oh, and i make carrds online when i'm bored !!! and marathon series that i haven't gotten around to watching !!! and i go and stare dreamily at books i'd like to own online or notebooks and favorite everything i like so i can look at it later and grow pleased looking at how pretty the things are even if i can't buy them.

i've also been interested in torrid historical romances, so i'll go around and browse tumblr/twitter until i find something that sounds ridiculous enough to warrant further research. i talk to my friends, play with my cats, look at my notebooks, re-organize my books by color so it looks like i haven't just piled everything together...also i call my dad & my grandma to talk. & i know you said no rping but sometimes i go and stalk threads on random rp forums and read an entire character's life story.

um basically all these things are really basic but yeah that's what i do. im sure i do something more but i really can't think of it right now OTL i'm not a very interesting person lol
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW