favorite video games?

pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
final fantasy iv, final fantasy iv: after years, final fantasy xiii (all 3), final fantasy xv, kingdom hearts (all), phantasy star online, tales of series, dead or alive, overwatch...to be continued.

last edit on Mar 8, 2019 6:50:45 GMT by light
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.
Megami Tensei; I've played the main series from Nocturne and up (only lacking Apocalypse rn), along w/ Persona and the other spinoffs. Top five faves in this bunch are Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 & 2, SMT4 and Persona 3: FES.

Aside from that, there's the Zero Escape series, Ace Attorney, Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun games, and a...slew of visual novels. I love, love VA-11 HALL-A and I'm eagerly waiting for the release of N1RV Ann-A. And I ignored the series for years because I didn't care for the art style of the anime, but I've been playing the Higurashi games as they've been released on Steam, and realizing I underestimated them by a lot. And as much as I love Umineko, Higurashi is more...linear?

Also, Lux Pain! It's the first game I played on a DS (ya know, before we got the 3D option I rarely used), and while the localization has some...issues, the story and gameplay makes it worth playing.

Still got a deep love for PaRappa the Rapper and Crash Bandicoot, though...and access to a PS4 to help me relive my childhood.
pronounshe/him
154written posts
Razearned bits
offlinecurrently
Raz
Raz Avatar

• League of legends
  • Warframe. Grindy as hell and haven't played in a while but I always come back to it.
  • Monster Prom when playing with friends. We each pick different characters to voice and try our best to give them some fun accent. My throat dies a lot when playing this game though :pepehands:
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
283written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
I have basic bitch taste. But damn it Janet, these games are good. 

Persona 5 The other personas are greta too. But is there a more stylish game in existence? No. No there is not.

Breath of the Wild Going into this game blind was the best decision ever. The week I played and explored was just a wonderful and magical experience. It happened in the middle of a VERY sad time, and helped distract me from the sorrow. I love all the other zelda games too, of course. Childhood favs.

Final Fantasy Especially 9! 

Nier: Automata I'm not crying, you're crying. 

Rune Factory Harvest moon with fantasy elements, what's not to love?

Kingdom Hearts A campy game based on anime logic. Love me some fun cringe. <3 

Catherine Why? I don't know... It has everything I hate, but still?? Very excited for the Full Body remake. Rin is a qt. 

pronounsShe / Her
70written posts
Blossomearned bits
offlinecurrently
Blossom
Blossom Avatar
Blonde to the bone
Ooh...well, my list isn't quite defined, because I have honestly a super picky taste haha. But I have a few top favorites!

- Pokemon Moon Somehow, it's nostalgic for me! I played over 100+ hours without even finishing it, LOL. Plus I LOVE all of the characters, the story was really fun to go through, Rowlet is the best starter, and ohmygosh... that tropical setting. I want to go l i v e there.

- Okami Just...an amazing game all-around. Everyone already constantly praises it for everything it deserves, so I'll just say that I love the aesthetic/time period the most. LOL

- Fire Emblem Awakening I haven't finished this one oops, but Chrom is my true love and there are so many great things about it. The art is gorgeous, the story is interesting, the characters are fun and there's enough strategy to keep it all really entertaining!

- Stardew Valley IT'S SO CUTE AND SO AESTHETICALLY PLEASING AND THE GAME IS LIKE A GLORIFIED HARVEST MOON HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE IT. Also one of my first PC games.

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim A huge, open world with dozens of quests and hidden secrets, plus gorgeous environments and fun combat? Um, yes, sign me up. I've been playing it since I was only twelve and it holds a lot of great memories for me.

...Also...thought I should add... I JUST started playing FE:Echoes last night, and I'm already in love?? Ahhh, everything about it is amazing so far. The voice acting is absolutely fantastic though. I can't get over it. don't ask about why I started another fire emblem game without playing the first. bloss can't finish games okay
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,500written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
FINAL FANTASY X I've already gone on long-winded rants about this game, so I'll spare you all the trouble here, but it was the first video game I ever saw, much less got to play myself, and really, there's no better place to start?

STAR OCEAN 3 I haven't played the original or Second Story (I really should), but even if FFX was my first video game, I don't think any game holds quite as much raw nostalgia for me as this one. I hear the menu noises? I cry, okay, it's that easy. I looooooove the aesthetic, the soundtrack is probably my favorite out of any game, IT'S IN HECKIN' SPACE, BOIS. Combat's a lot less fun than I remembered, but in a perfect world, I could just mash together the combat system from 4 and everything else from 3 and be good to go. Give me a remake of this, Square, BLEASE.

PROJECT DIVA FUTURE TONE With X and F2nd coming in at close... well, seconds. What can I say? Rhythm games are fun when you can perfect long sixteenth note strings in max difficulty, highest setting songs. Plus, MIKU. Future Tone's easily the most difficult, and also has the widest variety of songs. If it only had Babylon, I'd really have no reason to play any other Project Diva game. <:I

TOUHOU 8: IMPERISHABLE NIGHT I really like ALL of the Windows Touhou games, but Imperishable Night's easily my favorite. I like the two character system a lot, since choosing who to go in with suddenly becomes a lot more than "alright, choose the gorl with the best homing attack, unless it's SA, and then you need Marisa for MAX BOMBS", the music is second only to Perfect Cherry Blossom, and FUJIWARA NO HECKIN' MOKOU IS THE EXTRA BOSS.

FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING Yeah, yeah, I'm one of those Fire Emblem fans. Frankly, though, I'm not SUPER great at video games, so most of the earlier installments are just... well... too difficult for me, without the casual setting, and out of the other, like, five or six FE games I've played, none of them have a cast of characters I like quite as much as Awakening's. Talk as much about map design and story as you like, but these take a back seat to me to investment in my characters, and Awakening easily takes the cake. I can level grind in this game just for hours like it's nothing. No other game in the series - even if I do enjoy most of them a lot! - can say that for me.

LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS Improve gameplay after? Open world? (Actually, ew, gross, no thanks, open world.) Who cares? In this game, you can pick up CATS. Okay, but for real, a lot of my love for this game is just in its visual design and the feel of the world. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the visuals and worlds of, like, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild that came after just fine, but when I think Zelda, I think TP. Everything feels so... gritty, and realistic. The dungeons feel more dangerous, the towns feel more alive, the fields feel like actual fields instead of just brightly colored/empty playgrounds. The Twilight Realm is cool as CRUD, Zelda's design in this is the best one fight me, and it's just good. I'd kill for the Game Cube version of this game just so I didn't have to use the Wiimote... although frankly, right now, I'd kill for ANY copy of this game just so I could play it again, sdkljfhdsfjsdh.

PERSONA 5 Okay, so Persona 3 is absolutely going to usurp this, I can feel it in my bones, but the only point possibly AGAINST Persona 5 is just that the story took a big nose dive at the end for me, I dunno. Game play? Super fun. Character designs? Great. Visual representation? It took me literally a month before I stopped internally crying over every single menu in the game. I couldn't play it because I was too busy going through my start menu all the time. OTL The SMT franchise as a whole is one that I've enjoyed a lot, though, and the only reason I mention P5 above all is because it's the only one I've managed to finish. Strange Journey and Devil Survivor 2 are high up on my gallery of DS games I adore not you, SMT4: Apocolypse, you can go home and stay there, but I feel like I gotta play through the rest before I can make a sound judgement on where they, like... sit overall.

7TH DRAGON Just, like, any of them, okay. When you TRIPLE plot twist me - me, the one who sees through 99% of plot twists ever - in the span of TEN WHOLE MINUTES, holy HECK. I love how light hearted these games make themselves appear from visual presentation, and then just, like... how aggressive they actually get. It's one thing to be told "Hey, we're fighting dragons that eat people!" and then actively watching civilians beg for their lives in the city while you're absolutely powerless (FOR NOW!!!!) to do anything to help them, and then even when you DO get buff, watching all of the friends you made along the way slowly and painful die off one by one because that's just how things do in 7th Dragon. Plus, Shirow Miwa does the art for 2020/2020-II/III, so, like... what's... not to love...

TOMODACHI LIFE When you're poor and can't afford the Sims and its seventeen trillion expansion packs? Just get Tomodachi life. Half the customization, half the graphics, half the actual player choice, seventeen times the ridiculousness. My boyfriend has a Mii on my island who would not, under any circumstances, involve himself with me, so now I'm just dating Doctor X from Mindcrime, instead. Best game, 10/10.
54written posts
vulpinaearned bits
offlinecurrently
vulpina
vulpina Avatar
im a plant animal
LOZ Majora's Mask, my all time favorite zelda game... but I also think Link between worlds and BOTW is pretty good too. Will have a 7 page essay if I don't keep this short on why it is so great. OH! AND HYRULE WARRIORS WAS GOOD TOO. AHHH

Super Mario Sunshine It is honestly one of my favorite, beside Mario 64, Mario game. I just LOVE this game and I wish there was a version of it on the switch. Would play again 10/10.

FFXIV I always has been a fan for final fantasy and when I found out about the mmo, I couldn't get it because of computer issues. Now I get to play and it's great! Even met my boyfriend on it :^)

Anodyne ITS A REALLY GOOD GAME ON STEAM. Its kind of glitchy, but it has such a good story and even the controls are kind of wonky, its still good. Reminded me a lot about LOZ if you want something different and not zelda.

Hyper Light Drifter a really difficult game but the graphics are 10/10 and even tho I haven't finished the game because its honestly really difficult, its still really pretty xnx I love it. I want it on the switch too just dont have the money rn.

Don't Starve Together I always been a big chicken with horror/scary things, but I always wanted to get past that. So I bought DS and fell in love, slowly, kind of a shock therapy for me because the more I played it, the better I was able to deal with horror. But uh yeah, it is really fun and I love DST !! \o/ The game designers/company is really great on keeping updates too so it's really fun to stick into that community.
last edit on Mar 12, 2019 17:29:57 GMT by vulpina
pronounsshe/they
147written posts
asiearned bits
offlinecurrently
asi
asi Avatar
i'll take my chances on the curb here with you.
lmao lets see how many games i can fit in here /rubs my game hoarding hands together
i doubt this is even a complete list cause i'm mostly digging through my steam library to find the ones i really enjoy, but there's def others that i'm forgetting off the top of my head

okami this topic will never come up without me mentioning okami. aside from it being just an excellent game overall, i have a lot of sensory memories from playing it when i was younger. i can't praise it highly enough.

dishonored both 1 and 2. theyre just awesome games with cool mechanics and provide a challenge no matter which way you decide to play. and ive been drooling over its art book every time i go to the bookstore

skyrim i feel like this one's just a gimme imo. fantasy settings are a big selling point for me a lot of the time, but generally, more than once i started playing it pretty early in the day and then wHOOPS how is midnight already??? i haven't touched it in a while but when i do, it can be hard to put down.

pokemon as in the franchise in general really. it's a childhood favorite like many people, and i'm pretty sure i've played every gen of the main games to some extent (haven't played them all to completion though). and i'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the mystery dungeon games.

dark souls my s/o introduced me to the souls games i'll just say it can beat me bloody and to tears but i just can't not appreciate the game design man. i've only actually beaten ds1 but i've made some amount of progress on ds3 and bloodborne. it's just... a slow grind

the escapists i'm honestly not good at all at strategy type games and each prison takes me ages to break out of, but i can't help feel a bit clever when i finally pull it off. i'd love to beat it someday. i already bought the second game for when i finally do LOL

kentucky route zero i'm waiting for the final episode to be released before touching this one again. it's been a while since i touched it... but i recall this one giving me some strange feelings. in a good way. idk if i should call it nostalgia? either way, i'm really looking forward to playing it again someday.

ori and the blind forest beautiful art. beautiful soundtrack. satisfying controls and mechanics. there's only one tiny thing i don't like about this game and i think they might've fixed it in the redux i can't be bothered to buy? overall it's outstandingly gorgeous

portal both 1 and 2. do i really need to go into detail, or?

the sims one of those games you binge for a month straight then dont touch for half a year. i like making my ocs and playing adult doll house

dragon's dogma i have,,, certain issues with it but i can forgive it's flaws because its an older game. i always have a lot of fun playing it when i remember it exists. the combat is relatively simple but very satisfying imo

stardew valley i appreciate the quiet farming sim life from time to time

uncharted just the series as a whole. i stan naughty dog and their incredibly talented artists

aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

my favourite video games are entirely predictable honestly.

final fantasy series. i'll say the series just because every ff game i've played has made a pretty big impact on me. while i haven't played all of them, i appreciate the whole series as a whole. my favourite probably is, to no one's surprise, ff14. i've been wanting to play ff14 for years, and finally had the chance to start my adventure last year, and have no regrets. i also have to give special love to ff12 because its universe and lore is just,, unf. i love the cast too, as un-impactful as they are compared to other ff heroes; to me, this just adds to their charm, because they just feel like normal people and i really appreciate that. and then there's ff15. while there's a lot of flaws to the game itself, i love the universe and characters a lot and it's given me a lot of inspiration since it came out.

elder scrolls v: skyrim. this is my home away from final fantasy. i've sunk so, so many hours into it since its original release in 2011 and was so happy to see it come to ps4. despite its age too i still think it's a pretty good looking game and sometimes i end up just standing there appreciating the views. skyrim really is such a good game.

god of war. on a whim, started playing god of war on ps4 last august since i'm a big sucker for norse myth, and it just... blew me away. the story, characters, music, graphics were all amazing and i was so happy to see god of war get game of the year. it really deserved it.

honorable mentions go to dishonored, horizon zero dawn, nier automata, and the dragon age series. esp dragon age because i've lost count of how many dragon age aus i've come up with with tbh

anyway give me stories with rich lore and i'll probably love it thanks

last edit on Mar 20, 2019 2:32:44 GMT by valka
if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,778written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Okaaaaaaaay, let's see if Chibi can mention any really obscure games cause I play and like a few of those.

Fire Emblem: I played it once and got super addicted... Even if there are flaws in a particular game, I will usually still play it just because I enjoy it. I have so far played Awakening, Fates (Birthright & Conquest, have only completed conquest so far) and Echoes of Valentia. Currently, I am waiting for the release of Three Houses or to get some Nintendo cards to possible play Fates Revelation. I can literally play Fire Emblem for hours and managed to beat some of the games in a mere couple of days. As a side note, because of my addiction, I have a face claim phrase called "When in doubt, find a Fire Emblem face claim." xD

League of Angels: An MMORPG I found while browsing around, and after taking a long time to learn how the game works, I enjoy going hardcore mode. I find it a fun challenge to try and beat people who pay for VIP, and when I do, I certainly feel super proud. I can build myself up pretty good, although, I do eventually drop off the game and then come back every so often.

Minecraft: This is mostly my zen game I find. I love firing up Minecraft and just building for a little bit to relax my nerves. Unfortunately, I still need to redownload it after having to re-install windows to get rid of a computer bug. x.x

Pokemon: I was maybe 5 when I got Pokemon Fire Red, so playing these games are very nostalgic for me. I have a good portion of the Pokemon, even some of the older ones like Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow. Sometimes it is nice to just kick back and play some Pokemon. Then when the Mystery Dungeon games came out, I was pretty happy to finally be playing as a Pokemon.

Super Smash Brothers: Oftentimes I don't have friends over, however, when I can convince them to come over and play some smash is simply fantastic! I have Super Smash Bros Melee for GameCube and the 3DS one. I remember when I was little, my brother and I went on a serious search for the game because a friend of ours let us borrow it. Thus when we found a GameCube version, instant hype and endless happiness~!

Harvest Moon: Another chill game which is perfect for some calming time. I just love going about my farm jobs and talking to the NPCs until any stress drains from my body.

Fantasy Life: Honestly, I love this game just because it is silly. There have been plenty of instances where Fantasy Life made me feel better by rising a chuckle from me. I could play the game for hours before setting it down for a bit.
last edit on Apr 13, 2019 12:20:52 GMT by Chibi Magician

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW