write a reply

honest intro.

24written posts
nineteenearned bits
offlinecurrently
nineteen
nineteen Avatar
bring me to life
Hello, people ended up just calling me yoshi since it was just a throwaway name anyway. I do not have friends irl, and honestly came here to maybe learn some coding and make some friends. I doubt that will be possible, as every time I come to these sites I get the usual "hey's" and "hi's" from people before they never message me again.

So I look forward to that.
last edit on Mar 26, 2019 2:39:52 GMT by nineteen
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

hi yoshi! good to have you here! ^^

i hope this community helps you grow in the places that you're wanting to. there are definitely a lot of good resources and talented minds for you to poke and prod at your leisure and a general openness for those willing to reach into the community. if you have a discord and wish to join us there (since it can be easier to make connections with people one on one via chat), we do have a group server that you're more than welcome to join here.

best of luck! and good to meet you. feel free to shoot me or any of the other staff a message if you need assistance ouob
pronounsShe/Her
63written posts
Abbyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Abby
Abby Avatar
I wanna grab both your shoulders and shake, baby, snap out of it
Hey, welcome Yoshi! I'm pretty new here too, and I can't code at all, but I've found that everyone is super kind and open! I really think you'll like it, and I hope u have lots of fun ^^ 

Also feel free to dm me or smthn I'm always lookin' for new friends too! 

pronounshe/him
154written posts
Razearned bits
offlinecurrently
Raz
Raz Avatar

Alright, so I'll throw a few things your way.  This is just stuff I've found while I try and learn some front end web dev stuff, although I've put a bit of a pin in that for like a bit.  

Readings

Self Directed Learning
  • Goes in depth about skills/information about being a front end web developer
  • Lists a bunch of sources you can use, both free and paid

100 Days of Code

• Exactly what it sounds like, you code for 100 days (preferably straight) and document what you do each day on twitter
  • Using the #100daysofcode tag on Twitter with each post you'll have other people that want to learn to find your Twitter account and follow/talk with you.  There are bots that will automatically retweet your posts with the tag to help get your name out there.
  • I personally really like this cause it keeps me dedicated, especially when I've talked with someone through using it.  Also check out other people that use this tag to find good coding people to follow.  I found one guy that was giving away his coding books free for a limited amount of time, people that have courses on udemy and give you a twitter discount, people that post guides, etc.

Resources

The most important tip I have to actually learn the concepts you're going over is to practice with it outside the lessons you're doing.  It'll really help get a firm grasp of what you're learning, especially if you're using freecodecamp.

last edit on Mar 27, 2019 0:49:18 GMT by Raz