Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[attr="class","painfullight"]

[]

Make way for the official spring starting site-challenges!

This contest is called, “Leap Forward”. This is a graphic challenge. If you want to take part in our Writing Challenge or Coding Challenges – make sure you check out those threads instead!

“Leap Forward” is centered around graphics or face claims that exude energy or bursts of color. This can be either animanga or real life! There are no strict rules about color or rainbows, what have you. All it has to do is punch someone in the face with energy or a color. Either one works!

With this challenge, we only have number rules to follow! This means the amount submitted per post, though you can submit anything above and beyond that as well – and if you’re using a character, feel free to cross post it to Face!

100x100 icons – Requirement: At least 5 icons.
200x300, 250x400, ore any hover-like images - At least 2.
Signature sized – Only have to have 1.

You are free to submit a combination or any number of these types of images! Have fun and do what you want!

You can vote for the ones you like by liking the post. Depending on the turnout – we will either vote for the top two-three or if there’s one that takes the cake, well they win!

The prizes are site currency or a banner spot!

For this part of the challenge I chose, ‘s code “So Simple, It’s painful” – I have to disagree myself since I love this table. The fact that it’s so ‘simple’ leaves me feeling a lot freer to write and fill up the space than cramped in any sense of the term! Feel free to pick up their code here!

last edit on Apr 13, 2019 20:24:30 GMT by Neko
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,756written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
Galeteya Avatar
I'm returning back to the graphic scene after some family medical stuff. Am I still able to participate and turn something in?

Feel free to participate! None of the site challenges will be closing until another few weeks or so to give everyone time!
pronounsFeminine
34written posts
Galeteyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeteya
Galeteya Avatar
I make picture thingies.
I was heavily inspired for this challenge to look at three recent-years video games that have really influenced both professional and amateur art in the artist communities lately from their designs. I chose Hyper Light Drifter as a subject for its influence of advanced pixel art, Gris for its influence of watercolors, and Cyberpunk 2077 for its influence over (you guessed it) cyberpunk/retro-futurism styles. I wasn't happy with the single sets I did because I couldn't decide which to work on, so I've included two sets of Hovers/Avatars for each and only one signature per title.

This challenge has been a total blast for me and has really expanded a lot of ideas I have for future sets. I hope you enjoy!

(Credit to all these original sources in their respective order as listed above for source material.)

last edit on May 7, 2019 14:14:22 GMT by Galeteya
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,756written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
Hey guys, just a heads up that this contest closes on the eighth - make sure all entries and votes are in! For anyone who doesn't want to participate that's okay too but make sure to vote for your favorite entry!
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
reposted because i forgot to include the signature image

this is so last minute but i decided to slam these in after making them this afternoon !!o(-( the hovers are all characters from fate/grand order - marie antoinette, gawain, and altera (in order of left to right) respectively, the icons are of cecil from escape devildom (a webtoon i highly recommend you read!!), and the signature image is a mockup of an ad for a site that will never exist using a picture of marie antoinette. this is my, like, fourth time making graphics at all so hopefully its not too terrible LOL. happy june & apologies for the late entry !!