Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
yumyums Avatar
Mari Avatar
I just realized how much I love the magical girl genre with all its elaborate costumes and transformations, but like, I don't want the elaborate costumes and stuff to be limited to only girls, gimme magical boys and magical nonbinary people.

Anyway, magical girl site anyone???

I believe Ninelie has something in the works.

👀👀
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
I had a dream and it had a neat magic/superpower system I like. Basically, the people with superpowers could do a thing, or they could possess another power user and amplify their power somehow. Someone with superspeed might increase the speed or range on someone's power for example. It was a dream so really weird things were happening, like one pair had a person running and leaving cookies in their wake or something.

I think it could be fun for RP. It has the advantages of some partner-based systems without having to worry about what happens when your partner flakes since it can be done with everyone.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position where I can run a site right now, so I can't do it. I could maybe help with skinning or systems, but I'd have to be 100% normal member after, and even that much help is 50/50 right now. I'd love to be an early member though.
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
iota Avatar
A resource(?) forum that specifically caters to painters/drawers/et cetera regardless of experience and calibre (like from people who are brand new to it or want to try it out to the "vets"). We have graphic resource forums, coding resource forums, but no painter/drawing resource forums. Just a thought /Random tangent

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesssssssssss
pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
iota Avatar
A resource(?) forum that specifically caters to painters/drawers/et cetera regardless of experience and calibre (like from people who are brand new to it or want to try it out to the "vets"). We have graphic resource forums, coding resource forums, but no painter/drawing resource forums. Just a thought /Random tangent

I miss artstation so much. That place was my bread and butter when learning art. Maybe check out wetcanvas but it's more traditional.
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
iota Avatar
flare Avatar
I miss artstation so much. That place was my bread and butter when learning art. Maybe check out wetcanvas but it's more traditional.

I never knew artstation. When I was a kid, deviantART and NebunBeta (or whatever it was called) were "the rage" for artist communities and at least dA still exists (not sure about NB), but I still kind of like the idea of an RP art community as opposed to a big company website. We use animanga/video game/et cetera fanart that were painted by various artists as FCs, which is basically where my thought came from. So, having an RP art resource forum like that would be pretty cool, I think. I'm not sure if it would actually be successful (because it's never been done...? At least not that I'm aware of). But in theory, I just like the idea. xD It could be like... an artist guild or something lame. :'D

As an artist myself, I really like this idea :3
I'm willing to give making a site like this a try, and we'll just have to see if it will be successful (and if it isn't, then at least we tried)
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
idk why

but I think it would just be awesome to have a magical girl panfandom

like imagine mew ichigo fighting chibi moon?

or madoka becoming friends with cardcaptor sakura

it could all be set in one city in japan... and summon all the magical girls and their allies (and even former enemies) to help fight some grand evil.
last edit on Feb 20, 2020 14:47:01 GMT by Deleted
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Mari Avatar
iota Avatar

I never knew artstation. When I was a kid, deviantART and NebunBeta (or whatever it was called) were "the rage" for artist communities and at least dA still exists (not sure about NB), but I still kind of like the idea of an RP art community as opposed to a big company website. We use animanga/video game/et cetera fanart that were painted by various artists as FCs, which is basically where my thought came from. So, having an RP art resource forum like that would be pretty cool, I think. I'm not sure if it would actually be successful (because it's never been done...? At least not that I'm aware of). But in theory, I just like the idea. xD It could be like... an artist guild or something lame. :'D

As an artist myself, I really like this idea :3
I'm willing to give making a site like this a try, and we'll just have to see if it will be successful (and if it isn't, then at least we tried)
BLEASE. I would LOVE to see this happen SO MUCH.