Any way the Wind Blows...
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
I'm think I am (obviously) obsessed with FE:3H and was shocked no one else had made a thread to rant and rave about how much they also love the game. I, for one, have not been able to not play it at least a few hours every day. I am obsessed with the blue lions and have cheated used New Game + to recurit at least Felix (he is my fave) into each of my houses. Hilda, too, if I can. And of course Sylvain is free if you are Bylass, so I've just kept doing that because otherwise he's a pain.

What was your first house?
Who is your favourite?
Who did you make your dancer?

I want to see all my fellow FE:3H fans <3
107written posts
lyreearned bits
offlinecurrently
lyre
lyre Avatar
YESSSS!! i LOVE FIRE EMBLEM THREE HOUSES ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH.

i love fe so much, but honestly i was talking so much shit pre-release (or pre-leaks, i guess) bc the idea of the game taking place entirely in medieval high school was honestly so goofy to me. also upside down claude on the cover art absolutely killed me.

actually yeah, i really wasn't optimistic at all until e3 trailer confirmed the time-skip.

anyway, i'm doing BL -> GD -> BE for my play-throughs! aside from the three lords because that would be too easy, my favourite golden deer is hilda, favourite black eagle is dorothea, and favourite blue lion changes on a daily basis depending on what art i come across on twitter that day tbh (bc they're all wonderful and adorable).

except for ingrid, who was my dancer bc she just doesn't resonate with me and her stat growths were so trash up until that point that i figured this was literally the only way to make her useful and relevant lmao.
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
my standards are low so i've loved this game more or less from the start. it definitely exceeded my expectations. i do think there are flaws with it (of course) but my enjoyment outweighs those by a lot.

i like every character save for a select handful. honestly, the only ones i really dislike are probably lysithea and leonie. leonie has a weird dad complex and lysithea is REALLY mean to others but without the redeeming qualities felix has from what i've seen??and i'm tired of her WAH TREAT ME LIKE AN ADULT obsession.

that said, i'm doing BL > GD > BE. i already beat the blue lion's route and i'm slowly working my way through GD.

my favorites are probably likeee

blue lions sylvain, felix, dedue, mercedes, dimitri
golden deer claude, marianne, and i will admit lorenz is really growing on me and i hate him for it
black eagles caspar and ferdinand probably. i've got a super weird thing going on for hubert b/c of fanart tho
faculty seteth, jeralt

i made flayn my dancer my first playthrough and this time i'm gonna make caspar a dancer my sweet sweet boy.

my greatest accomplishment in this game: using all 50 of the bait the fishing tourney gave you and recruiting goddamn ferdinand von aegir into my fucking house
last edit on Sept 7, 2019 17:50:35 GMT by fossa
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
fossa Avatar
i like every character save for a select handful. honestly, the only ones i really dislike are probably lysithea and leonie. leonie has a weird dad complex and lysithea is REALLY mean to others but without the redeeming qualities felix has from what i've seen??and i'm tired of her WAH TREAT ME LIKE AN ADULT obsession.
If this isn't a damn mood. My GD play through I just stopped using Leonie because HONESTLY it got 150% annoying how badly she wanted byleth's dad to the point of creepy. lysithea was cute at first but yeah she was so rude. AT LEAST FELIX IS JUST TSUNDERE. I usually love angry characters, but she just grated me deeply. I wanna say rhea here, and without being to spoilery with the routes but because I played BL first and they hold a dear place in my heart. 

I forgot to add to my post I made Felix my dancer, that evo bonus and the sword skill he gained from it made him a beast.

Plus he told me to pick him, even if he was kidding, so I did.
pronounsshe/her
151written posts
shanimalearned bits
offlinecurrently
shanimal
shanimal Avatar
of course i am for peace, of course i am for peace. one that suits me.
i want edelgard von hresvelg to kick down my door and then snap me in half.

OKAY SKJDFNDLSKJFN SO i am on golden deer route rn and black eagles (empire path) was my first route. i do know a fair bit about the blue lions despite not having played the route yet although some things are still a mystery to me regarding motivations... but given that reading all the lore in the library really makes you able to understand all three lords regardless of first route picked i think i have a pretty good idea. i know edelgard is really Controversial(tm) to put it lightly, but i love a complicated woman. she's lelouch but a girl i love that her and dimitri are both departures from your typical fire emblem lord archetypes-- both of them can just as easily be the protagonist as they can be an antagonist. it's something we really haven't seen in a long time (really not since micaiah tbh) and i welcome the discussion their philosophies bring so long as it doesn't devolve into name calling and pettiness ahaha.

claude is probably the closest to your traditional lord archetype in that he's just an all around good guy but even then he's still a departure in some aspects (a bow lord!) and i really, really enjoy him as well. i really love all three of the lords and they're incredibly complex characters, which is great because then byleth as a semi-silent protagonist honestly wouldn't work.

as for characters i don't like it also... kind of comes down to leonie, for me. her B support is especially ill timed (and those that know what i'm talking about-- you know what i'm talking about. it's rude.) i do like lysithea though, i think her supports with edelgard really get down to why she's rude (why both of them are rude sdjkfdsl) plus shes like. the death knight's worst enemy. want that dark seal? bring/recruit lysithea. dark spikes takes him out instantly. i saw a tweet that was like "it's like she's got a delete button in her tome" and i cannot stop thinking abt it.

my faves are still very much so most of the black eagles tho bc baby's first house... i was so set that i wasn't going to like hubert or ferdinand. but i'm booboo the fool. i think they're in my second and third favorites in that house (although honestly everyone gives them a run for their money at some point.) i love edelgard's shoulder devil and shoulder angel. i didn't recruit too many outside my house for my first run-- got sylvain, marianne, and lysithea. i wish i had nabbed felix tho, apparently he has some really great dialogue for the crimson flowers route which makes sense given he's one of the only characters who is like "dimitri uhhhh needs therapy stat" prior to the timeskip (even tho. it's not phrased. like that. it's meaner. thanks sasuke von fireemblem.)

my oooooooone complaint with the game is that the pre-timeskip being the same for each route does make it a bit of a slog. i suppose that's to be suspected for how much of behemoth this game is. actually i lied my second complaint is that crimson flowers deserved an animated reunion cutscene and should have been as long as azure moon and verdant wind. justice for miss hresvelg. that is all,

aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
shanimal Avatar
i wish i had nabbed felix tho, apparently he has some really great dialogue for the crimson flowers route which makes sense given he's one of the only characters who is like "dimitri uhhhh needs therapy stat" prior to the timeskip (even tho. it's not phrased. like that. it's meaner. thanks sasuke von fireemblem.)
I'll have you know, I laughed a good five minutes at this.

And uh... I ONLY recuited Felix from blue lions for my crimson flowers run and uh... had him kill like 5 of the BL people and uhhhhhhhhhhh.

It was pain. I cried for like 30 minutes, over just Felix killing Sylvain.
last edit on Sept 8, 2019 5:40:45 GMT by Scaramouche
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
All I have to say is godbless thanibomb for the leaks.

My fave lord/house? We're great together.

My least liked characters so far, Catherine and Ingrid. The other thing I disliked about the game was the way the time skip happens. It was too unsatisfying and leaves too many questions. I like the idea of a timeskip overall but wish it was handled better. 

Anyone else thought that when a certain head ass Jimmy Neutron looking mfer
Trapped us in the shadow realm and caused Sothis to use all of her powers to get us out would be when the timeskip is? Like it would've been more believable to me if they did that and throw in a line about how time flows differently there.

Despite that, FE3H is my current favorite fe game because they did so good with the plot and characters overall. Monastery is lacking in activities but if they included more I feel like all the old school fans would get really upset at it so they tried to go light on it?

Also, what is up with that sauna? Incoming dlc? Removed content late in development? I want to know.
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
Also, what is up with that sauna? Incoming dlc? Removed content late in development? I want to know.
I THINK it's gonna be DLC? That is my biggest lingering question. But bathing with students seems a bit creepy if you ask me.
last edit on Sept 8, 2019 6:56:45 GMT by Scaramouche
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
Scaramouche Avatar
I THINK it's gonna be DLC? That is my biggest lingering question. But bathing with students seems a bit creepy if you ask me.
Easy way to fix that is to have it be locked until after the timeskip. Much less questionable now.

But lbr, given that you Fates bathing is a thing and IS clearly did not learn their lesson when FEH Hot Springs Elise talking about looking "sexy" in her Japanese lines, they really don't seem to care. :/

I hope they don't make it too weird if it is DLC.

aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
Scaramouche Avatar
Easy way to fix that is to have it be locked until after the timeskip. Much less questionable now.

But lbr, given that you Fates bathing is a thing and IS clearly did not learn their lesson when FEH Hot Springs Elise talking about looking "sexy" in her Japanese lines, they really don't seem to care. :/

I hope they don't make it too weird if it is DLC.

I just pray it's not super problematic. I kinda just hope it is something they cast aside or like open post time skip like you said, otherwise I will avoid it. Like, I would love to give Byleth some alone TLC time, but if like Lysithea is there I will nope out so fast... 
pronounsshe/her
151written posts
shanimalearned bits
offlinecurrently
shanimal
shanimal Avatar
All I have to say is godbless thanibomb for the leaks.

My fave lord/house? We're great together.

My least liked characters so far, Catherine and Ingrid. The other thing I disliked about the game was the way the time skip happens. It was too unsatisfying and leaves too many questions. I like the idea of a timeskip overall but wish it was handled better. 

Anyone else thought that when a certain head ass Jimmy Neutron looking mfer
Trapped us in the shadow realm and caused Sothis to use all of her powers to get us out would be when the timeskip is? Like it would've been more believable to me if they did that and throw in a line about how time flows differently there.

Despite that, FE3H is my current favorite fe game because they did so good with the plot and characters overall. Monastery is lacking in activities but if they included more I feel like all the old school fans would get really upset at it so they tried to go light on it?

INGRID. i forgot about ingrid. i think from what i know i'm not going to like her either unfortunatelyyyy but i will withhold judgement until i've played the route proper.

(spoiler involving timeskip-- and BE's timeskip in particular.)

as a kingdom hearts fan who is constantly dealing with garbage where time flows differently between realms i totally thought that was when the timeskip would happen too. that whole thing actually makes even less sense on crimson flowers because at least in the other routes byleth is yeeted into some sort of deep crevasse never to be seen again, but in the BE-CF route we don't see that happen and it's not even clear... what occurs? edelgard (and i think hubert if memory serves properly) tell byleth to get out of the way and then it cuts to black. like i was so confused... because from the sound cues it sounds like byleth is trapped under rubble? but then everyones like WOW WE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY EDELGARD SHES VERY GAY, PROFESSOR and moving some rocks shouldn't be too hard yall. and then byleth wakes up in a river so that's even more "how'd she get there"

idk. it's weird but it's especially weird there and i know it's probably because on most routes twsitd is involved in byleth being gone and they're your allies on BE but like. just have rhea-dragon cause byleth to go blasting off again. problem solved. anyway rant over.

i think it's my favorite fe as well... fe7, awakening, and echoes still hold near and dear places to my heart tho.

also yes i guarantee the sauna is for that beach dlc because they always gotta have it! (and it's gotta be at a sauna and not a beach otherwise edelgard would never go she's too scared of the ocean)

Scaramouche Avatar
shanimal Avatar
i wish i had nabbed felix tho, apparently he has some really great dialogue for the crimson flowers route which makes sense given he's one of the only characters who is like "dimitri uhhhh needs therapy stat" prior to the timeskip (even tho. it's not phrased. like that. it's meaner. thanks sasuke von fireemblem.)

And uh... I ONLY recuited Felix from blue lions for my crimson flowers run and uh... had him kill like 5 of the BL people and uhhhhhhhhhhh.

see i did the opposite. i had sylvain kill felix. i had him kill ingrid too. i did this with several other characters that i recruited too. had marianne and lysithea take out their old pals.

i know, i know. i'm a monster. but i want to see the special dialogue.

pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
shanimal Avatar
INGRID. i forgot about ingrid. i think from what i know i'm not going to like her either unfortunatelyyyy but i will withhold judgement until i've played the route proper.

(spoiler involving timeskip-- and BE's timeskip in particular.)

as a kingdom hearts fan who is constantly dealing with garbage where time flows differently between realms i totally thought that was when the timeskip would happen too. that whole thing actually makes even less sense on crimson flowers because at least in the other routes byleth is yeeted into some sort of deep crevasse never to be seen again, but in the BE-CF route we don't see that happen and it's not even clear... what occurs? edelgard (and i think hubert if memory serves properly) tell byleth to get out of the way and then it cuts to black. like i was so confused... because from the sound cues it sounds like byleth is trapped under rubble? but then everyones like WOW WE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY EDELGARD SHES VERY GAY, PROFESSOR and moving some rocks shouldn't be too hard yall. and then byleth wakes up in a river so that's even more "how'd she get there"

idk. it's weird but it's especially weird there and i know it's probably because on most routes twsitd is involved in byleth being gone and they're your allies on BE but like. just have rhea-dragon cause byleth to go blasting off again. problem solved. anyway rant over.

i think it's my favorite fe as well... fe7, awakening, and echoes still hold near and dear places to my heart tho.

also yes i guarantee the sauna is for that beach dlc because they always gotta have it! (and it's gotta be at a sauna and not a beach otherwise edelgard would never go she's too scared of the ocean)

Scaramouche Avatar

see i did the opposite. i had sylvain kill felix. i had him kill ingrid too. i did this with several other characters that i recruited too. had marianne and lysithea take out their old pals.

i know, i know. i'm a monster. but i want to see the special dialogue.

The funny thing about Ingrid is that I went into her feeling completely neutral. All I knew is that people said her major character flaw gets solved by her B support with Dedue. But then I got the B support and my neutral feelings turned into slight dislike. Ingrid-Dedue support spoilers below
I am absolutely dumbfounded that Ingrid's racism is considered cured when she tells Dedue that her problem is not with him specifically, since he personally had nothing to do with it and was "different".

Like what?? Sounds to me like Ingrid is still racist but Dedue is one of the "good ones". I'm just wondering if people are using the "can't be racist because they have x minority friend" excuse applied here.

Let me see Ingrid treat a non-Dedue Duscur NPC in their A-support nicely then I'll consider her racism cured. But that's not what happens.

Also, Sylvain against Felix is one of my fave battle dialogue. It makes me wish all characters got unique dialogue when fighting against anyone from their old house.
pronounsshe/her
151written posts
shanimalearned bits
offlinecurrently
shanimal
shanimal Avatar
Scaramouche Avatar
Did you guys hear the DLC next year is releasing a new house, a whole new line, new characters and everything!!!?

i just want a patched in animated reunion scene for the crimson flowers route, i feel ROBBED. 8')

anyway speaking of dlc

WHAT TEAM? WILDCATS!

i love the loungewear dlc. i love it so much. and they can stop calling it loungewear. this is fodlan basketball league 2k19. gotta getcha head in the game.

also i'm sorry for sharing this but it's stuck in my head on a loop so now you all have to suffer as well