Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
[nospaces]
[attr="class","icalter"]

[attr="class","icaehead"]

[attr="class","icaemain"]
[attr="class","icaeinfo"]

Based on Cop Craft and Shadowrun, ALTER/EGO is an upcoming roleplay that mixes genres of cyberpunk and magic fantasy. In the near future, mysterious portals have begun opening around the world, allowing the existence of magical and supernatural creatures to inhabit our world.

These magical creatures commonly referred to as 'faefolk' have crossed over to our mortal realm from their world, in a parallel universe, called Avalon. It is revealed that every several thousands of years, a cycle of magic would flow back to our world, nourishing and enriching our plane of existence with the reality of magic. With Avalon's tide of magic ebbing away, these beings have no choice but to emerge into our worlds to sustain their existence.

Fifty years after their emergence, various cities designated as Special Administrative Zones allow the peaceful coexistence of fae folk and humans alike. Our roleplay takes place in one such city called Eden.

setting

Welcome to the Special Administrative Zone Eden! Located several hours offshore from the U.S. west coast, it is an island city surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on top of the world's largest leyline: a fault line that is a tremendous wellspring of magical energy. It is also the site of the first hyperdimensional gate that ferried residents into our world.

system

Magic is now a big, integral part of everyday life on top of advanced technology, thanks to the resurgence of magic which has pushed science past previous limits in order to compete with the existence of magic. You can play an enhanced human capable of utilizing this newfound power, or a supernatural creature in a high-density urban metropolis.

While it is up to you to define your character's powerset and skills, we have further refined labelling of abilities or 'skills' into categories: Magia, Sensory, Perception, and Conditioning. Characters can experience growth by upgrading skills and strengthening masteries over time, as well as unlocking new skill slots to add onto their repertoire.

Member groups are sorted by the divination of the Minor Arcana: Swords, Wands, Pentacles, and Chalices each representing one of four fundamental elements found in the basis of magic.

[attr="class","icaefeat"]

[attr="class","icaepoint"]
[attr="class","th th-fingerprint-o"]

Play a variety of supernatural races from folklore, legends and mythology or a magically-inclined human

[attr="class","th th-stars-o"]

Take on rumours in a questing system, investigate crimes, and earn rewards and achievements for your efforts

[attr="class","th th-agenda-1-o"]

All characters regardless of canon status or social standing can play a pivotal role in the site's main story

[googlefont="Roboto"]

[newclass=".icalter"]font-family:Roboto;font-size:11px;width:450px;margin:30px auto;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/TBQ1kzT/image.png);background-size:cover;background-position:center;background-color:#44444448;background-blend-mode:soft-light;box-sizing:border-box;min-height:200px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaehead"]width:100%;height:450px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#719ba2;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/TLXg7D4/image.png);box-sizing:border-box;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaemain"]padding:20px;position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaeinfo"]background:#1f1f1f;position:relative;padding:40px 40px 25px 40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaeinfo h1"]font-family:Roboto;padding:10px 0px;margin:10px 0px 20px 0px;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;color:#777;font-size:26px;border-bottom:1px solid #333;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaeinfo h1 b"]font-weight:900;border-bottom:6px solid #c60044;padding-bottom:8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaeinfo p"]margin:0px;padding:0px;font-family:Roboto;font-size:11px;color:#777;line-height:150%;text-align:justify;margin-bottom:16px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaeinfo p b"]color:#719ba2;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaefeat"]background:#0f0f0f;padding:40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaepoint"]padding:20px 10px;border-bottom:1px dotted #333;position:relative;display:flex;align-items:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaepoint:first-child"]border-top:1px dotted #333;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaepoint p"]margin:0px;padding:0px;color:#ccc;text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:700;font-size:9px;line-height:13px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".icaepoint span"]font-size:30px;margin:;text-align:center;opacity:0.5;-moz-opacity:0.5;color:#c60044;padding:5px 20px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
283written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark

Sorry to double post, but I was wondering when you estimate this will be up and open? I want to make sure I keep my eye out for it!

edit: so not a double post after all. thanks weird chromebook loading. 
last edit on Sept 22, 2019 21:19:06 GMT by kappaccino
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
kappaccino Avatar

Sorry to double post, but I was wondering when you estimate this will be up and open? I want to make sure I keep my eye out for it!

edit: so not a double post after all. thanks weird chromebook loading. 
There's still quite a few things to be worked on, so I want to optimistically say maybe perhaps around next month? Thanks for your interest!
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
A quick check-in, in terms of progress towards opening:

• Skin is roughly 60% coded
  • Boards are 80% set up
  • Write-ups and site threads are still in the works

Looking to push soon for a soft open to test the waters and for potential members to give us any feedback in regards to the application process. 

Again, thank you for your interest and for sticking with this interest check. I'll hope to check in again soon with more updates/news.

stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar

I'm happy to announce that, finally after a long wait, ALTER/EGO will be looking to a soft open on October 27th, 2019. Here's a small preliminary patch note about its features and what's to come.

THE STORY
50 years have passed since the first mass exodus of supernatural residents crossing over to our realm from a world beyond the fold. Special Administrative Zone Eden is the world's first and largest autonomous state housing both humans and residents from the mythical Avalon alike. The United Council endeavours tirelessly in their work to ensure peaceful coexistence for its residents, and as such they employ a variety of tactics and laws to keep the peace.

However, a terrorist group of relatively unknown origin has sprung up the past few years, and have been claiming responsibility over incidents of violence in Eden; committing a variety of crimes that have begun to stir bitter anti-Avalonian sentiments. Will the citizens of Eden know true peace? Or perhaps they are living in the shadow of an authoritative regime that is soon to begin...?

THE SYSTEM
Play a variety of supernatural races, from faeries to nymphs and elven-kind and goblins. Any sort of fantasy race or trope from folktales and legends are absolutely viable. And, of course, humans are always on the table — magicked and non-magicked.

Canon Groups, while optional, are considered subgroups for characters to ally themselves with. Join the United Council in their cause to pursue peace and harmony, or perhaps you might find yourself a rebel at heart and decided to join the ranks of the terrorist group, Spectre. In addition to these two groups, there are many other groups to choose from.

Choose one of the four suits of the Minor Arcana to align your character with: Suit of Swords, Suit of Wands, Suit of Pentacles, or Suit of Chalice.

Customize characters with flexible skills that also rewards players utilizing a simple ranking and upgrade system. Earn more credits and cash in on your upgrade by investigating and completing rumours that can also turn into mini-timed events for even bigger bonuses.

THE SETTING
S.A.Z. Eden, a large island located several hours off the west coast of the US. Surrounded by lush, tropical wilderness and blue ocean, it boasts a warm climate all year round further controlled and refined by magic and technology to ensure maximum comfort. Enjoy the architectural feats of the city in The Rotunda, stroll along the packed streets of the shopping district of Tessellation, or perhaps you might fancy yourself a night out by the beaches in Imbrium. If you're a bargain hunter, the farmer's market down at the Flume might have what you're looking for.

Boards that see frequent activity by certain canon groups can be marked as 'influenced', and after a while, certain areas can be even claimed by such groups. There are some advantages in capturing and expanding locations, such as an uptick of rumours in that area and bonuses for allied player characters.

Again, I can't stress enough how much everyone's support and positive comments have helped. We hope to see you soon at the end of the week. If you ever want to talk more about ALTER/EGO with me, feel free to shoot me a message over Discord: Nines#9595