Cry Of Glory [Original Roleplay]

61written posts
erbalearned bits
offlinecurrently
erbal
erbal Avatar
This is a further elaboration on my post in quick interest checks, but this is an Original Ancient Fantasy, meaning that this is a world with it's own laws of physics, lore, history, it takes place in it's own universe. The setting is very early in the world's history, this being the ancient part of the roleplay, it takes place during the day's of early civilization. In comparison to our world this would be Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, ect all stuff taking place before the bronze age had ended. I've made six different playable races, each with three variants and I've also put money into Campaign Cartographer Pro 3 which I'm using to make various maps for the site. I'm trying to get as many original visuals and content together so that way people can feel fully immersed. This is going to be a Jcink site, I am willing to buy premium if I get enough staff and/or members. It's going to be 18+ with Animanga/Original Art for face-claims and I'm likely to spend money to award players who when events with Commissions of their character.

Now first, why I'm posting this and what I'm looking for.

Why?: This is to give people a more in-depth look at the site I'm making as well as offer an invitation for interested parties to either become staff, or join the site's discord and talk with other members we already have to plot and prepare your character before the site launches.

What I'm looking For:

• A Graphics Mod/Admin- There is a lot I can do with the site in terms of setting up a skin and making everything look nice and functional, but there's also a limit to my skill and I don't know how to code very well myself. I need someone who understands how to make and work with graphics. While it isn't a requirement someone who knows how to make a Jcink skin for a site would be great, as I said early I want a lot of this to incorporate original elements.
  • General Mods, and Potential Admins- Obviously from the fact that I wrote and put together all the elements of this site I love to create, and I also like to interact with new people and so on there is a limit to how much I can do with my parts of my own life, so at least 1 or 2 other people to either serve as Community and Approval mods, or Creation/plot mods as to help manage and make things go smoother and faster at the site's opening. As for Admins they'd be expected to be able to help with all duties and I'm most likely to pick them after I've known all the mod team for a bit and can choose/or train someone at that point, unless someone with proper qualifications and desire shows up at the beginning.
  • Interested Roleplayers!- As stated this interest check also serves as an invitation for people to join our discord (Link right here ----> discord.gg/3qChxAH ) and get to know other interested RPers while also having the oppurtunity to work on your character, or plot before the site's launch. Obviously I get that people want to know more before joining, and below is a quick look on what the site is like, and people who join the discord will also be first to receive updates.

~Introduction~
      Welcome to the world of Kordoa a planet with Nine Continents and Five Oceans, but for the start of the site and relevancy at the moment we are looking at 3 1/4 continents (The tip of one continent) the known world for all concerned matters. This is part of the site's appeal as over time the players will get to explore more of the planet and discover the other continents. The time period is The Second Era, Year 234 and after the first 120 years of the era had be covered in darkness as result of the the Moon-fall that created The Day moon, The Broken Moon, and as a result ending the First Era. Prosperity has graced the known world and the rebuilt, or new nations have begun to reuse Colossal, Arcane, and Spiritual Arenas from the previous Era that had been built by now missing Arch-druids that disappeared after using their runes and mastery over spirits to protect as much of the planet as they could from the Moon-fall. While not fully understood these Arenas not only possess the ability to change their landscape and incorporate the natural magic of their location to provide challenges or unique events, but are also capable of reviving people die while competing, coming back to life a few moments after no matter how gruesome the death. With these facts known those across all The Six Races and all known nations people use these Runic Arenas to host games and competitions, or at times even settle large feuds.
    However, the most glorious and important use for the Arenas is the facilitation and qualifications for The Sprantic Games, an event that gathers the most prestigious Athletes, Fighters, Adventurers, and Talented people from all lands and races so that they can all compete in either the individuals category, or team category where in each competitors will go through various events to be acknowledged as the top three, but only one in each category will be crowned The Glorious Champion(s). The easiest way to compete in The Sprantic games is to participate in local competitions or sign up for one of the many monthly tournaments and distinguish yourself, or your team there by earning enough points from placements to earn a spot in the games. However, every year a few people are invited to the tournament out of recognition for their skill or notoriety regardless of their ranking in the tournament boards.

~The Known World~ 

With the aberrant flowing waters of the Silfic Ocean in the west, the seemingly endless Balean ocean in the east, the ice cold winds of the north pole, and the various toxic swamps and jungles of Barcoa preventing exploration with the Era's current technology the three continents of Pinai, Letinne, Gesdhril, and the tip of the continent Barcoa make up the known world. All through the lands mana and spiritual power exists in all of nature and within life, but that's not all that exist as occasionally the influence of an unknown plane called The Void when impassible solid purple tears appear briefly. 

Pinai- The Eastern Continent or also known as the land of Majesty it is made up majorly of the Expansive Xiban region, named after the empire that united it despite the constant collapse and reunification. With valleys, mountains, deserts, rivers, and forests dotting Xiban it is a diverse region and home to the oldest civilizations, a proud and majestic land it is primarily populated members of the Swarm-Breed race as it's believed to be their home, as suggested by their lands prominent silk and goods that have been traded for as long as it has been made. North of Xiban is The Great Belt Steppe, a large grassland once home to Northern tribes of Swarm-Breed it is now mostly populated by the Pit Tribe of Celestials. With the isles off the  north and east coast there is plenty of this ancient land to explore.

Letinne- The Western Continent, or also known as the land of Myths simply from the fact this continent has had to face the front of most of the world changing, or history altering events, and has been the site of many legendary accomplishments from Heroes, Villains, and Champions of every nation. At the the north of the continent is the connecting band to Pinai by The Great Belt steppe, Hrorvind (Huh-oar-vin-ned), a land of mountains, valleys, forests, and most prominently, snow. It's a cold northern region that is said to be where the God of The Wylder gave birth to the Wylderkin, regardless of that it is now home to the Horizon Tribes of Celestials whose feathers are used to cold buffeting winds, opposite to them in the inland seas is the Shabin (Shah-been) Subcontinent which despite it's lush rain-forests, beaches with rives that flow into warm waters, and constant showers is home to the Horror Tribe Celestials and their clans.
    South of the mountains that border these Celestial Buffer lands is the arid region of Myran (Meer-ran) home of the Florina people it used to be a verdant and vast jungle that is now mostly deserts with a few oases showing small patches of its former glory, and a few savannas/grasslands closer to the shore. Supposedly once united under one nation this region is home to various villages, few city states, and small burgeoning nations.
    At the end of the largest desert and separated by mountains, and a valley transfers into the forests at the southern point of the continent is the region of Korsinia, multiple coastal regions of peninsulas, islands, and etc it is characterized by multiple city states, forests, rocky hilled regions with extensive cave systems. It is considered home to the first pantheon as well the classical world as it's where the Hominids have claimed dominance and became the center for philosophy, debate, and trade as it borders the Mekanopi Sea with its beautiful blue-green waters, white sand beaches, and coral reefs that provide for as much diversity of life land if not more. At the end of the sea where it begins to transfer into the ocean is the Dinospania Peninsula, mountains, forests, and valleys like that of prehistoric time where animals of such period still live and more frighteningly, survive.

Gesdhril- The island continent which borders the Silfic ocean it's unique position is only outshone by the continents distinguishing feature, a massive river that split's the continent in two as it flows southeast it might look as if it was two massive islands it is one continent that was slowly severed by an engorging river. Colonized by the Wylderkin as their new homeland and birthplace of the Beast-men the northern half is covered entirely in forests only broken up by large lakes and canals built by the Wylderkin to connect their lake centric cities. It is where most the Wylder of the continent live as they claim ancestral connections.
    The southern half of the continent is more diverse in its ecosystems and biomes as there is a desert, various rivers, forests, plains, beaches, and highlands. This is where the Beastmen originally rose up to break away from slavery under their creators, the Wylderkin. There are a few free cities and villages, but there are a few small nations rising as prominent Beastmen, and Wylderkin who are fine with the status quo have begun to unite cities under banners through war, diplomacy, or long lost claims.

Barcoa- The most mysterious and unexplored continent to the point of it's massive swamps and dangerous waters being the southern border of the known world. Its lands are mostly covered in various jungles, marshes, and a series of colossal toxic swamps and wetlands the life there having become just as extreme as in response to the natural phenomenon whether it be geological, spirtual or magical. Closer to the tapered tip at the top of the continent the land is more stable, with a valley and grassland before a more arid region from where the tip of Barcoa meets Letinne and Pinai. While the mountains completely block Pinai from Barcoa the tip connects to Letinne with only a slight mountain border, this connecting the arid regions of both Barcoa and Letinne,
    While no one race can trace their origin to these dryer lands of Barcoa two distinctive cultures have popped up splitting the tip between one another. First on the west connected to both the region of Myran and Korsinia and the eastern, south-eastern border to Mekanopi Sea is Padjeh (ped-jay) a nation formed around a stable, annual flooding river that has safe wetlands, and a thin line of forestry, with a few towns a bit deeper in the desert thanks to oases or irrigation. It was founded by refugee Beastmen, and they quickly built a proud, ritualistic, and deeply involved culture that was headed by their leader, their god-king, their Pharaoh. A leader whose strength and attributes are supposedly tied to the nations successes. 
    Second and east to Padjeh is a nation with strenuous connection to it and the region of Myran,  Lhodea, Land of the Lawful. While it is mostly desert there is a few oases towns centered around a larger larger hilled valley with a view trees before a small forest that transitions to the mountains. Founded long ago by a radically reformed general supposedly a War-bred Hominid, gathered six castaway tribes of various races with no land of their own, uniting them under his judgement with through an arduous pilgrimage before arriving here where they would build a society with the first written law, a place where their laws are sacred to them and it's said their accordance to laws in life outshines their outlook towards death as even the highest ruling man in the land is a Judge first and foremost. To this day it's a land of all races, but all one culture bonded through traditions.

~The Six Races~

Throughout the known world there are Six Acknowledged races of civilization, culture builders, and rational thinking who are further split into two groups of three known as The Natural Races and The Sculpted Races. The former earning its naming for them all being sentient races that evolved through circumstances and achieved their status independent from any outside forces, hence The Natural Races. Therefore, the latter earns their name from the fact that in one way or another their races development was influenced by some outside force, and/or has brought them to exist in this world. (From here Natural Races will be labeled NR, and Sculpted races as SR)

The Swarm Breed (NR)- A race of Arthropodic creatures that have developed humanoid forms to live peacefully, even though their bodies mimic humans in appearance they all have multiple limbs, and features belonging to their specific arthropodic identity. Their exoskeleton covered bodies, and need to support their frames has given them durable bodies and increased physicality. While each individual is capable of reproduction certain biological skills have created a caste system. Considered to be the oldest living race they are mostly found in the their region, and nation of Xiban in Pinai, but can be found roaming almost everywhere in the world. Their name comes from their large numbers and various appearances, however it is not the name they refer to themselves by as it is only pronounceable by their race sounding something akin to "Trr-ki-ki"

• Nobility- Generally born in higher class ruling families or merchant families Swarm-Breed with the nobility gene have the ability to communicate almost telepathically with other Swarmbreed and other lesser Arthropods. Through proper care both male and females of the Nobility caste are capable of birthing drones unique to that individual.
  • Soldier- Members of the warrior caste tend to be larger framed than Nobility with the tendency to have more humanoid heads (Though some have insect heads entirely), they are armed with the hidden ability to enlarge their form and assume a shape that uses their individual arthropodic characteristics, a hulked out form if you will that is suited for combat.
  • Worker- Making up a majority of swarm-breed they are the most durable of their kind, being suited for a long day of collecting, building, or other specialized work. Unlike the others of their race who have two legs and then multiple arms members of the worker caste are the largest naturally, at their waist they go from more humanoid to arthopodic, usually giving them multiple legs, larger abdomens. (Basically think arthropod centaurs)

The Wylderkin (SR)- Created by a spirit of light who rose to divinity her own followers were sacrificed and used as the building blocks for a race made in his images who would hold a natural and special connection to the spiritual and magical worlds. They supposedly were born in a cold forest, but soon left with their small population and landed in a verdant forest on Gesdhril where they exploded into a large population with three tribes of the race with forms and talents similar to the various shapes of their creator. 

• Gaelbae Tribe- Known as the tall-people by most of the other races as both men and woman average 6-7 feet tall in height. They prefer to live in forests, or in desert caves but their general appearances can go anything from blonde and pale to ebony skin and gleaming ivory hair. They have the longest and most maneuverable ears of the Wylderkin which aids their reputation as those most in tune with their senses.
  • Kaanae Tribe- While closer to Fair-People in size members of the Kaanae Tribe have pointed ears like all Wylderkin, however theirs are the shortest of them generally. This is to their benefit however, members of this Tribe are characterized by colorful wings that are seemingly made of light despite their ability to carry their owner across the sky like it was nothing.
  • Siaob Tribe- Not to be confused with swift-feet Hominids Siaob Tribe members on general tend to be taller then their natural counterparts, averaging around 4-5 feet in height. However, with generally thinner frames and sprightly attitudes it's no wonder it might confuse some. Their pointed ears are useful keeping track of surrounding, but their natural talent lies in their ability to reach into hidden, unused space. (They essentially each have their own personal pocket dimension)

Hominids (NR)- Evolved from a primitive race of apes that hard large tusks and large limbs suited for long travel the Hominids have grown into the de-facto race of humanoids. (This race is conceptually Orcs, Halflings, and Humans as all one race). Though they all share one ancestor they find themselves separated into three different kinds based on genes inherited from their common ancestor. The claim origin from the swamps and valleys of Barcoa, but now majorly reside in Korsinia though they can be found everywhere roaming.

• Tusked (WarBred)- Surprisingly the most numerous of the Hominids they have toned bodies, more similar to an ape’s than the others, with large canine teeth that can be more accurately described as tusks. While not naturally violent Tusked Hominids tend to be more protect, having an innate desire to use their larger frames and average height of 6 feet to protect others.
  • Fair People (Or Fair-bodied)- Named for their moderate size and fair range of differences in their appearance, ranging from 5 to 6 feet in average height, they aren’t overtly big or small in terms of natural build. However, it seems they are more prepared for emergencies, as their biggest strengths are their endurance and untapped will. 
  • Swift-feet-  While at first glance it might appear to be a child with their short stature and average height of 3-4 feet they are anything but, as their larger hairy feet might hint they are used to life on the move, especially around some sort of rough terrain as they are capable of moving at quicker speeds and generally tend to excel in all forms of movement.

Celestials (SR)- Castaway humanoid creatures from another realm made of chilling mountains with eternally bright lights and valleys/pits with hellish landscapes.  Their people defined by pact magic, the two major tribes gaining powers from gods they killed and claimed through engaging a covenant and using a loophole to gain their former diety's the power for their kin, one gaining the power of the pit god and the other the Horizon god. With some neutral people breeding with both tribes creating a third that had it's own defining features. All the Celestials in the known world are descendants of the various clans that had been transferred to Kordoa when the portal opened briefly before closing eternally since.

• The Horizon Tribe- Descendants of the tribe that rules the Horizon they generally have beautiful hair with plumage and wings, some even having multiple, their feathers and wings seemingly mimicking birds from the planet they  generally have long nails, and natural eyeliner that adds to their generally flamboyant appearances. Most notably they all have Halos, a band of markings made of light that can appear at will around their forehead. Loving tattoos married Horizon Tribe members often tattoo their partner's halo on their forehead. (P.S. Feats or accomplishments are acknowledged in arm tattoos)
  • The Pit Tribe- Those who gained the power of the pit god they have colorful, tough skin that is sometimes scaly, with horns, and tails perfect for aiding them in climbing. With varying heights and sizes most have tails mimicking lizards, but horns more closer to that of goats, rams, or even antlers. (Though there are those with some with horns similar to reptiles.) With rumors of glowing nails and horns it's said that ever pit celestial has a demon waiting inside.
  • The Horror Tribe- Whether its due to the magics nullifying each other out, or the pacts not working in each others presence, the tribe that contained the blood of both tribes the third tribe that accepted both, but neither of their pacts became warped by them yet did not receive any of their blessings.To most they appear as monsters with patches dull-toned almost rocky skin and anywhere from 3-7 arms and multiple eyes, with this came an unfair reputation and prejudice. Their eyes and bodies actually being quite useful for intimidation, climbing or mesmerizing.  

Florina (NR)- Born from the fruit of a massive tree that existed for millions of years they eventually gained humanoid forms and independence from their mother plant. Gaining the ability to reproduce freely they moved wherever plants could survive, adapting to survive the conditions of these places and mimicking plants from the regions they lived in to do so. With three distinct variants the Florina are a long living race whose once vast jungle home is now mostly a desert, with a few jungle oases, savannas, and beaches surviving.  

• Forest/Jungle Regions- Living in the few places where water is abundant Florina from Forests or Jungles are larger than most with an average height of 8 feet. Their bodies mimicking the megaflora of their homes they often have tough, yet flexible bodies made of bark, vines, and so on. Members of this tribe are rather sturdy, and also boast the highest regenerative capabilities of all Florina.
  • Grassland Regions- In the Grasslands the Florina don't have as much cover for creatures that might want to prey on sentient plant-life, but rather instead of hiding themselves among the grass. which provided primarily as food for nearby animals, they became more noticeable. Mimicking field flowers, and other such colorful plants Florina of these area's are natural masters of using their natural appeal, whether it be looks, scent, or even taste from their natural chemicals their bodies developed.
  • Desert Regions-  The Florina that have to deal with living in regions of  the harshest conditions, intense heat, or cold making them durable to temperature extremes and lack of water for long periods from the rough unpredictability of their homes. They are seen by most as masters of survival, reflect by their natural appearances as water conserving plants such as Cacti. It's said it takes alot to even dent them.

Beast-Men (SR)- Once various wild animals and slaughtered, they were used in various rituals by the Wylderkin in an attempt to create life. With three separate breeding programs producing three variations that were used for specific tasks, but the Beast-men rebelled eventually.  Breaking free from the shackles of their creators they took pride in their forms, each of them mimicking a single animal (animal species) no matter to what degree and using their mix of both worlds to carve themselves a place. 

• Feral-Kin- The first generation and standard Beast-men they tend to look like anthropomorphic animals with their hands even keeping talons, paws, or so on depending on their race. Their status as looking like animals generally makes people think they’re lesser but they themselves take pride in their individual skills and see themselves different from feral animals. They are are generally anywhere from 5ft to 8ft in height depending on their animal base.
  • Taur-Kin- Described by their odd nature as appearing to be part animal and partially like Wylderkin these Beast-men tend to have varying levels of beast to Wylder making them look like chimera creatures, sometimes having just animal arms and legs, to sometimes having lower bodies that connect to where the neck of that animal would be. (Like centaurs but with different animals than horses)
    The second Generation and a failure to incorporate Wylderkin traits further into Beast-men, but they served great purpose in substituting labor animals from their unsual bodies and/or strength.
  • Skinwalkers- The third generation of breeding  most unique of all the Beast-men the Skinwalkers were the only bred with a specific rather than a broad purpose. When they were enslaved this tribe specifically worked as servants, or familiars to the Druids (spellcasters) the generally appear to look like Gaelbae, but with the major difference being minor animal features on their body and natural magical ability to assume an animal form that is stronger in comparison to its real life counterpart. Now free these type of beast men can use their dual forms to their strength regardless of acclimation towards magic.

The Forces Of The World
    Within the world of Kordoa there are three major balancing forces that are either a part of the universe, made as a result of something within the universe, or finally a force that has some effect on this world. Those three forces are Mana, Spirit, and Void. Below is a brief description of all three forces.

Mana- Since the beginning of existence all throughout space and time there has existed freely acted particles in parallel to the normal ones, Mana, a unique form of matter and energy that can influence and bend the world around it simple through existing or interactions with other elements. The practices and processes which use Mana to manipulate the world and achieve desired results is called Magic as is not breaking the laws of the world, but simply bending them.

Spirit-Whether it was fate, or pure coincidence with the birth of life independent from magic and other forces of the world gave rise to power with it and within life itself. Simply described as life-force spirit exists within the world as it does in life, formed by the intentions around them. Though as a result of its nature, there is living masses of life force, spirits, creatures that mimic and mix with physical life, shaping it, clashing it, or intermingling with it at times. A force born from fleeting creatures, yet seemingly now apart of the world itself. People even occasionally becoming these spirits after death, or retiring to one of the realms made from this pure energy. Spirit is comparable to magic in someways, but has weird stipulations and rules to it that can confuse the inherit logic of magic.

Void- Existing before and after time there seemed to be a universe, a dimension separate from our own that unlike the one the Celestials came from was lacking in magic, but not only that the entirety of existence there is aberrant and defies the known laws of the natural and celestial realm. While it is seemingly impossible for anyone to cross into this aberrant realm occasionally deep purple gates open letting people peer into the horrifying realms, and to allow its corrupting energy into ours, the only thing that can pass through. Most of the powers granted through the void have a cost, some that are met by sating a need specific to them. 

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.