[IC] PROJECT NEPHILIM - SPACE ANGST W/ MECHA & MUTANTS

4written posts
alphaearned bits
offlinecurrently
alpha
alpha Avatar
The basic plot of the site is as follows:

“In the year 2112, humanity entered a golden age of technological development, finally able to throw off the shackles of stellar gravity and leave the Sol system. However, they quickly discovered...they were not alone.

The Fiends, as they soon became known, ravaged the colonies of humankind, killing and destroying as they pleased, as if driven by some instinct or urge to put them through as much suffering as possible. Humanity faced destruction, and were forced to run.

An armada of colony ships eventually became a flotilla, which eventually became a single mobile space station dubbed the GS Unyielding Hope. All of mankind lived on this station, a flying city which just barely outran the forces of darkness, keeping them on the fringes of its sight.

They could not run forever. A solution had to be made. Years were spent researching option after option, pursuing project after project. At the turn of the millennium, two projects prevailed, but still with their own plethora of problems, all seemed hopeless.

Project Devil, the first of these two choices, involved the harvesting of strange cores from within the few Fiends able to be killed. These cores were a seemingly powerful source of energy, able to power a manner of machine human science had yet to dream of. Thus the Devils were born, pilots with cybernetic implants which they used to control large mechanized avatars, space flight capable monsters of unyielding destructive power. However, the mental overload of using these implants seemed to great to make this option truly viable.

Project Angel sought to go further. These same cores could be drained, their essence used to...evolve biological life into something more. Eventually success was found in this endeavor, creating the first of the Angels, strong humans capable of surging the void of space, of using the various forms of energy the Fiends had once used to decimate their people. But once again, the mind of these subjects suffered, making them prone to rage, to apathy, to losing that which made them human.

With these seemingly insurmountable issues, humanity seemed all but lost. However, something happened when a subject of each project, an Angel and a Devil, formed a close emotional bond. The problems caused by their psionic abilities seemed to lessen, to become alleviated, so the scientists jumped on this phenomenon and began to creat Angels and Devils as linked pairs. This symbiosis proved to be the solution, and a new project was born...

Project: NEPHILIM.”

A couple of other key points are:
  • Angels and Devils will all be teenage/young characters, from 16-20 years in age.
  • The site will be story driven and character centric, combat is more of a plot moving device.
  • P:N will have death enabled threads and boards.

I’m open to input on how to balance abilities and such, and to go further in defining key terms for the site. That’s part of why I’ll need staff, to help with the creative process (and stop me from going too wildt), but also I’m pretty busy irl as is, so I’ll need help with moderation stuff, approving apps and fielding questions and concerns and the like. If anyone would be interested, I’ll possibly be making a discord server, but until then go ahead and add me at Col #3779

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.