AU Demon Slayer

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I'm back from a long hiatus due to personal health issues and I have decided I want to open a site instead of just planning ideas and never using them.

I have seen plenty of people requesting a Demon Slayer rp and after finally catching up and thinking how would I run a site based around the themes Demon Slayer provides, I thought I'd give it a crack. There is plenty to do still, staff is needed, a site itself, skinning, templates, skills I don't personally have. But if the demand is high enough I will find a way to do it, but what I do have are ideas and thus here is a first glance of what I'm thinking.

Welcome to Cutthroat, an alternative universe Kimetsu No Yaiba (Demon Slayer) roleplay forum built on the principals of storytelling and character development while pushing the limits on what would be considered a combat focused forum. My goals for Cutthroat, is quite simple to make the best site possible with an amazing community, yet that’s much harder than it sounds and by no means is this going to be an easy task.

Cutthroat while following many of the same themes and story to Kimetsu No Yaiba is not and thus everything will be set in an original setting with none of the cannon characters making an appearance. This is a site inspired by Kimetsu No Yaiba and many other works like it.

~ * ~

In Ancient times a man was sick, a life-threatening illness plaguing the young man’s life, no doctor could help, and no medicine could cure him. The man was destined to die but when the moon hit its highest peak on a silent night a mysterious merchant appeared before him with promises of life.

The sick man decided he had nothing to lose by trying and took the mysterious medicine he was given; however, the illness didn’t subside. In a fit of rage the man killed the wandering merchant and in an ironic twist realized after that he was feeling stronger, better, he was feeling less human.

Days past and the man was no longer struck by illness; however, he couldn’t walk out in direct sunlight. It made him feel weak. Yet, while the man confined himself to only leaving his house at night, he also was losing his humanity and at some point, soon after the first demon was born.

The ill man had such strength it was easy to kill humans but what truly was scary was the fact he had the power to turn other humans into demons thus creating an army that during the night could destroy humanity as everyone knew it. So, in an attempt to stop the demon forces the Minamoto clan formed what would now be known as the Demon Slaying Corps, an organization tasked with the slaying of all demons.

Centuries have passed since the first demon took its first steps to terrorize Japan and reports of even more powerful demons causing problems have surfaced and while the Demon Slaying Corps does everything it can it still isn’t enough. In the first time in decades an invitation is sent out across the country; an open offer to all walks of life: Survive seven nights atop Fujikasane mountain and become a recognized demon slayer.

Cutthroat will have the following:

• Cool member driven open story arcs / plot
  • The ability to play a demon slayer or demon
  • Canon positions, however people will not start out overlay strong.
  • Other stuff you expect in a good rp community

If you are interested in keeping track or want to offer help contact me on discord @ Flan#5600

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.