phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
okay so, i've been ruminating over running with this idea for an animated panfandom for a lil while now, and while i think i have enough together to make it a feasible option for me to run with on a smaller scale (18+ semi-private site on jcink premium where you can join via an invite from a current member or via picking up a want ad for a specific character), i'd also like to hedge my bets a little bit and fish around to see if anyone would actually be interested in building out the project long-term so i can try to avoid possibly burning out on it or otherwise dying in the process of trying to hash everything out solo.

with this in mind, obviously, i'm going to be looking for possible staff members who are more interested in the long haul over someone who's wanting something in the next month or two. i'm slow at building sites, especially solo, and obviously i don't want to deal with having to go through the whole process again when the site is actually mostly together - hence why i'm in the staff search over the interest check for potential beta period further down the road. cool? cool.

so what would i be looking for?

co-admin / event mod x1. basically, what i'm looking for here is kind of... i have a lot of the setting worked out and a lot of the rough ideas for the systems already in mind (like activity requirements, site host, acceptable canon sources, site premise, mission systems), but i'm hoping to bring someone else in who is going to be able to take on some of the "site progression" aspects that i want to bring in on the project (aka, members complete x amount of missions and unlock new areas to explore and develop, and if members do y amount of missions in a given area, they can unlock a cool little mini story arc for that area that expands the lore of the area and the site without hard impacting the members a la side questing in a more open-world game, so to speak). i just don't really have a lot of experience in managing site progression nor the time to really devote to it as much as i would like, so i'd love to bring on someone who's going to be able to draw on some past experiences they've had (whether on other progression-based sites with successful events or through dming dnd campaigns) and be able to direct more attention to this side of things.

as might be imagined, i'm looking for someone who's gonna in for the long haul for this for obvious reasons, and i'd obviously be willing to tip my hand to you through more of the site-building process so you can help build off the ideas and have input where you need it to make things work for you in the planning phases and all that. i'm also somewhat flexible in terms of how much involvement you want to have with the site in terms of like... "i'm here to just focus on missions and maybe keep up a character or two and idgaf about managing anything else" (aka more of an event mod) versus "i'm here for missions but i also want to be more hands-on with the site in general and help tackle apps and stuff like that" (aka more of a co-admin), so uh. yeah.

app mods x1-2. this is more or less what it says on the tin. my knowledge of a lot of popular series is kind of patchy (okay, very patchy), and while i'm more of that attitude that different interpretations of characters are okay and i'm not gonna judge someone for having a different take than i do and the site is gonna be lax enough that all-powerful characters are going to be p limited in the damage they can do so they can exist it's fine nbd, i also want to try to cover some of my bases to make sure that 1) characters aren't being portrayed as shadows of themselves (ie, batman's out killing people with guns and committing crimes while punching robin in the nuts with joker as his bff) and that 2) characters have ability sets that are at least somewhat fairly balanced in the grand scheme of things and aren't super op. and like yeah, imo, a smaller site is gonna be more manageable, but i also don't want to hard burn out and die in a corner because i'm the only one responsible for like.... 10 apps being submitted in the span of a week and 7 of them are for p powerful characters, so help would be appreciated.

jcink acp experience is a plus but not required (it's gonna be a profile app form but i'm willing to talk people through how to handle the acp and i always restrict access down so it won't be overwhelming to deal with); previous staffing experience is a huge plus, especially on another panfandom or a site where you had to deal with balancing fairly powerful characters; and general professionalism and dedication is definitely a requirement. as a heads up though, i probably won't be reaching out to you for this until the site's pretty close to complete, so obviously, i'm not expecting you to drop everything in the meantime for this nor do i expect you to stay on board if the site turns out to be something you're down for, so y'know, be aware of that and don't worry about this being a hard commitment because i'm not gonna expect it to be.

anyway. uh. if you're interested in helping out with this, please pm me (it'll give me a solid record to refer back to later on, oops), and i'll get back to you asap (for the skin designer + event mod / coadmin) or when things are together enough for me to feel confident in dropping you a line (for the app mods). and if you're just generally interested in the project but not wanting to help out on the staffing end, don't worry, there will be an interest check later on when i have my act together and can see if anyone would be interested in beta testing. so uh. yeah.

worst sales pitch ever, i know, but i'm trying my best here, please don't judge me for my sins.
last edit on Oct 17, 2019 18:34:29 GMT by Kuroya