(IC) Elron

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Since there's been an increased amount of interest, I'd figure I'd officially make an interest check while I'm still working on the site. If you're interested or have any questions, you can message me here or on Discord (pumpkin-sized moon#6557), or you can join Elron's discord server. Once the site opens, both DMs and players will be allowed. Face claims can be anything: animanga, real life, custom artwork, cartoons, or even no images at all.

"I love DnD, but I can't find a group to work with my schedule." is something I hear a lot of. It's fun, but putting aside hours of your day can be tough. But in a forum setting, that's no longer an issue. Same DnD, new look! No mics, no webcams, no worries. Stick with the roleplay format we're all at least semi-familiar with here, and change it up a bit to work with DnD. Add all that in with a custom world with both an overarching plot and the ability for players to change the world around them, and you have Elron.

Elron accepts DMs, who can make/run campaigns with the site plot, or outside of it. Each DM will be guided by a Lore Keeper, so all site-plot campaigns are consistent in the lore and so all outside-plot campaigns have a person to go to if there are troubles within the DM's group/party. DMs and Lore Keepers can also work together with NPCs if they want to, meaning if you want to share that random NPC you had to make up on a whim, another DM can pick them up and use them elsewhere with your permission.

Setting
Elron is set in a classic medieval fantasy world, with magic and Gods influencing the world around them. Elron is one fourth of the continent itself, the other three are lost to the Gods and time itself.

It's a classic fantasy world, perfect for DnD, with a site-wide plot that can be ignored if you don't want to participate. Lorekeepers keep the site lore and plots consistent with each other by guiding DMs when they create campaigns, quests, or missions. But all that dice rolling is optional! If you just want to relax and socialize with other characters, and not worry about rolling dice, that's welcome here as well.

Site-wide Plot
Thousands of years ago, the planet was covered in one massive continent. As life flourished on this continent, the Gods gave it the name Elron and watched it closely. Life didn't stop flourishing, however, and soon wealth and power were commonplace. The people started gaining ignorance of the Gods' help, got greedy for their powers, and eventually stopped acknowledging the Gods altogether. This enticed the Gods fury. First it was famine, then it was natural disasters. Cities were wiped off the map overnight. Islands started disappearing. Still ignorant of their wrongdoings, the people didn't change. The Gods decided to force humility upon them, and separated Elron into four continents. The separation made it impossible for the sections to contact each other.

Rumors have it that East Elron was swallowed up by the ocean, giving the sea more treasures to horde. West Elron was given to the sky, so those that could fly had an area to rest away from everything. And South Elron was eaten by darkness, to sate the hunger of the evil that the Gods hid. Only the central part of Elron was spared, the Gods showing mercy and giving the people one last chance to pay for their wrongdoings.

Even now, thousands of years later, Elron still struggles. Power struggles between nations, monsters taking over, bandits enjoying the chaos... Will this continent ever know peace again?

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.