pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
ever on and on, i continue circling
honey and the forgor land Avatar
i'm sorry for spamming (and i'm ready to be hated for how much i'm talking here) but:

i've been reading a lot of devil no. 4 and i thought what orivien above me recommended is pretty sweet. what if there was some kind of pact that humans could perform with spirits/yokai to tie them together and give humans a taste of power before turning into pure yokai/spirits themselves? some kind of spicy angsty romance plot possibilities there tbh

also will there be a beta testing period or will it just be open when it's open?

ah! actually - i won't be doing pacts with yokai or spirits but, my friend, is creating a site with a focus on pacts and onmyoji! so that's something to look forward too! 😍

however, instead i'll be taking cues from inuyasha so humans won't be completely helpless-- they'll have weapons created from yokai bones or their energy, OR they can be cursed by yokai and get something similiar to miroku's wind tunnel which was a blessing just as much a curse
i was also thinking but not sure, but also taking inspo from kny with the nichiron blades ya know? so there will definitely be ways to go toe to toe with yokai!
i wouldn't want humans to miss out on the fun too c:

i do think i will have a beta test open! just to work on some kinks and what not and have extra eyes catch some details i might not have caught or thought of

ALSO I DONT MIND THE SPAM!!! please, i enjoy conversing over ideas and suggestions! :D

that being said... -contemplates sysmtems maybe-

EDIT: OH YEA HANYO ARE ALLOWED JSKSKSKS i forgot to answer this initially
last edit on Nov 17, 2019 23:12:05 GMT by salty
[ic] mononoke written Nov 18, 2019 0:16:26 GMT via mobile
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
honey and the forgor land Avatar
coughcough as a system hoe i would like systems i see u contemplating it so coughcough

b e t - just gotta fjnd one that makes sense and isnt too...spooky
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
523written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
for systems, i could see there being factions. like three large factions for demon slayers, oni, and yokai. perhaps the yokai have sort of a... council ? since there would probably be different tribes if you were goin off of inuyasha for those.

oni would maybe either not have one and be rather chaotic or maybe a big baddie who they all fear and some even take orders from. sort of like naraku or muzen.

humans could have some sort of a council or have somethin' like demon slayer where it's a huge demon slayer faction under the wings of one guy / gal.

with that, you could do what a lot of sites do and incorporate doing missions / jobs / quests for currency & items that players can use to buy / trade for stuff. there could be benefits for being in a faction like free weapons / power ups.

demon slayers would get demon slaying weapons made from oni / yokai. oni could get some sort of power up from the leader or however they work. and youkai could maybe make weapons from their body or get ancestral weapons kinda like in inuyasha.

i have a lot of ideas but i don't wanna be overwhelming either in giving them ! LOL but i hope that maybe i helped give some ideas on what you could build some simple systems off of. ; o ;

btw if you're ever worried about people getting too powerful or something, you could kind of work out standards in a beta test. see how much freedom you'd feel would be a good threshold for your site. full freedom can be refreshing but it can also create problems. same thing goes for being restrictive. : o
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
porsef Avatar
for systems, i could see there being factions. like three large factions for demon slayers, oni, and yokai. perhaps the yokai have sort of a... council ? since there would probably be different tribes if you were goin off of inuyasha for those.

oni would maybe either not have one and be rather chaotic or maybe a big baddie who they all fear and some even take orders from. sort of like naraku or muzen.

humans could have some sort of a council or have somethin' like demon slayer where it's a huge demon slayer faction under the wings of one guy / gal.

with that, you could do what a lot of sites do and incorporate doing missions / jobs / quests for currency & items that players can use to buy / trade for stuff. there could be benefits for being in a faction like free weapons / power ups.

demon slayers would get demon slaying weapons made from oni / yokai. oni could get some sort of power up from the leader or however they work. and youkai could maybe make weapons from their body or get ancestral weapons kinda like in inuyasha.

i have a lot of ideas but i don't wanna be overwhelming either in giving them ! LOL but i hope that maybe i helped give some ideas on what you could build some simple systems off of. ; o ;

btw if you're ever worried about people getting too powerful or something, you could kind of work out standards in a beta test. see how much freedom you'd feel would be a good threshold for your site. full freedom can be refreshing but it can also create problems. same thing goes for being restrictive. : o

oh hot damn, sef :O this is amazeballs! i gotta digest it more but omg fgnfdsnfd i like it and it makes sense and DON'T BE AFRAID TO SHOOT MORE IDEAS FOR SYSTEMS like... im p inexperienced wiht that regard but i do like factions, tribes, ya know the works - but all of these make sense ;u; i love you :heart:
[ic] mononoke written Nov 21, 2019 19:38:31 GMT via mobile
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
dreams Avatar
I AM SO INTO THIS <3

I have been wanting to rp in an Inuyasha-like world for a while now, and this will totally fill that void. I am already planning my character~

ah im glad!!! thank you - i hope to release another update by sunday if everything goes well! c:
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
quick update

• last minute skin change; probably will be completely done in about two weeks or so!
  • working out the kinks of a few plot points, races and restrictions, and the system details to write for
  • figuring out some other things, what is too much, too little in regards to lore
  • should be ready to soft open by the end of december if everything goes well! thanksgiving and family arriving earlier than expected, pushed me back a bit

sorry for the wait and late update!

if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions -- let me know! thanks!