Slice of Life

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
I'm always in the mood for slice of life fun! I've been hankering for a more fantasy based slice of life too, so that idea appeals to me SO MUCH. I'd love one that isn't restricted to human races tbh...Like a slice of life with cool DND-esque fantasy races? I don't think I've ever seen one of those...

Though that's just my own personal things, I'd honestly be happy for any easygoing slice of life sites :D
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
Coyote Avatar
I'm always in the mood for slice of life fun! I've been hankering for a more fantasy based slice of life too, so that idea appeals to me SO MUCH. I'd love one that isn't restricted to human races tbh...Like a slice of life with cool DND-esque fantasy races? I don't think I've ever seen one of those...

Though that's just my own personal things, I'd honestly be happy for any easygoing slice of life sites :D

so...alter/ego personae.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx ? ? ?
they're pretty open with races. think i've seen a few people with DND-esque race based characters.
last edit on Nov 21, 2019 8:41:09 GMT by light
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
personally i've always gotten more of a futuristic sci-fi kind of vibe off of alter/ego than something more fantasy-esque (which i mean, it is supposed to be a cyberpunk site, so i think that's a fairly accurate assessment?)

actually on topic though, i always tend to be hit or miss with slice-of-life things. i like site "plots" that are more slice-of-life style because i'm just... constantly tired and generally can't be bothered to keep up with big world-level events and really dislike when staff make huge shifts in the site plot that differ from what i joined the site under and also just find it exhausting to try to direct on a staff level since it's hard to keep events going on sites. which isn't to say that plot-driven sites don't have their place because you go do the thing! but rather that it's just not really my cup of tea and i'd much rather be on a site that will let me sit in my corner and do my own thing with the site setting as more of a backdrop, as it were.

but that being said, "real life" sites (i'm using the term since that's what we call them in the rl side of things, but it's basically more or less like "a real world setting with no plot in xyz town/city and no frills from other genres") really don't appeal to me. i like having some kind of little extra flavor to add to the setting so it's not just me rping out normal realistic rl stuff 24/7, and it just makes things a little bit more interesting in my opinion. but that's also more getting into genre preference for me rather than more plot-intensity preference (since like i said, on the rl side of things, it's an entire genre of sites, and one that's v popular and pervasive), so it's one of those things where just because i personally am not attracted to it doesn't mean that it's bad or wrong or doesn't have its place and interest, just that it's not something that would appeal to me.
last edit on Nov 21, 2019 14:15:04 GMT by Kuroya

stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Kuroya Avatar
personally i've always gotten more of a futuristic sci-fi kind of vibe off of alter/ego than something more fantasy-esque (which i mean, it is supposed to be a cyberpunk site, so i think that's a fairly accurate assessment?)
We are cyberpunk/sci-fi mixed with fantasy, but it doesn’t mean we don’t have slice of life threads which are totally acceptable if you’re just into the lore/setting and want to roleplay that instead. That said, if OP is looking for a site focus on slice-of-life then that would be a different story.

just wanted to clear that up. 👌
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.