spice world [animanga sandbox]

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
because i have no self control™ and it's literally been rolling around in my head for like half a year, it's time to put this baby in words and see where it goes. basically, it's a come as you are, do what you want type of site. no overarching plot, no established setting, no extreme world building, just a few forums with genre labels for you and yours to go crazy in.

the setting of a forum is always something that actually draws people in and since none of us can make up our minds...interests obviously change. one month you may really want to write about an alien captain in space the next month maybe you just want to write about stuck up rich kids in a boarding school. i know there are some rl or mixed sandbox sites out there, but i want one that is just solely dedicated to animanga fcs....because that's what i use so why change that. lol.

other things that are in a list to look fancy and official:

- jcink premium -> or at the very least a dedicated [m] forum so people have no excuse if they want to avoid it
- no face claims - > you wanna fc cloud from ff7? i wanna fc cloud from ff7? we BOTH can fc cloud from ff7!
- generic genre forums -> try saying that five times fast (also totally open to the idea of like member created worlds or events down the road? be a mini dungeon master or do you own world building?)
- no overarching plot or events - > maybe some seasonal things or writing events if people are into it? more community than character focused ideally
- no activity checks -> ever. staff would just sweep accounts that haven't posted or have ghosted
- discord probably cause it's free
- possible forum genres: real life, fantasy, science fiction, historical, fandom???

questions & things i have little to no opinion about:

- original characters only vs original characters and canon characters? i have no preference about it so just what are some other peoples ideas?
- what are some things people WANT to see out of a sandbox site? i know it's not everyone's cup of tea with no plot or setting, but what are some wishes that people would have if this thing successfully happened?

feel free to just like the post if you're interested or reply here with answers to the questions if you've got them! the site is something i've kind of slowly building, but also not something that is going to take a long time to finish.
last edit on Dec 2, 2019 0:50:06 GMT by Deleted
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i keep meaning to reply to this with some feedback and then forgetting so i'm gonna just do the thing and stop forgetting so uh.

honestly, i would kind of run something like this how the multigenre sites for real life are run - one account per person, people can post up little requests in different areas for what they want to rp, the rp area is split into more general genre tags, and it's generally run as more of a "rp what you want when you want, no one is gonna be pitching a fit over claims or activity or whatever". that way you can throw out the entire notion of having to deal with claims or even activity checks (since imo you'd be able to get away with "once a month, we archive threads that haven't been replied to in 3-6 months, nbd") and just... let it be tbeh. (i also would really prefer that kind of setup since like... man i wanna play ocs and canons but i don't always necessarily want to play them against each other so i'd prefer if that was something people handled between each other than a hard mandate from the staff, as it were.)

i'd be over the moon excited for jcink premium, but i would then want to ask whether or not you would be drawing lines anywhere in terms of content and the like. i ask because some sites can get a bit iffy in terms of what they're willing to allow people to post, even with premium, and i would probably want to be pretty upfront about where those lines are gonna be ahead of time (and before you're dealing with anything too extreme).

the other thing i would want to bring up for this ahead of time would be kind of... the possibility for being able to kind of... "buy a verse" from a site shop or something so you can pay some money to set up an individual board and some subboards within that board as its own kind of site in a sense? obviously you'd have to set up some rules to keep this from getting out of control, but i just think it would be really cool to have an option for trying to get a bunch of people together who all want to rp something that's not really big enough or organized enough to be a full-blown site (like that final fantasy xiv concept i would die for).

honestly, i'd really like to see an animanga multigenre site because all the existing ones just do not have an strong animanga presense on them, as far as i'm aware, and all i want in life is the quiet hope of being able to write some of my characters that i just don't see ever being able to properly home tbeh.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
you touched on like all the ideas i was mulling over in my head. bless.

i was definitely on the idea of just once account per person! keeps it a lot more organized with multigenre stuff for sure. same with the idea of "activity checks" or lackthereof i guess, doing a seasonal cleaning out or whatever. with the premium, i've been toying with the idea of have it be just located in one forum, so if you want to do any mature writing stick it there, pls and thank. obviously still with the appropriate tags and triggers if needed. it's so hard to find that fine line with premium content, it can be such a fun grey line. there are some definite hard no's that i would list, especially when it's something like a sandbox site where anything can happen.

ooooh! i hadn't thought about that! i definitely love the idea of have a space where members kind either suggest forums/one-offs to add, or like you said if it's something a person really wants to rp but isn't a big enough concept to be a full-blown site, it's a space to do so. but i really like that as just a reward or w/e.

thank you for your much appreciated feedback! it definitely helps me to actually want to finish the site lol

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
as someone who has done just one mature board to section it off, it... actually is a little bit painful to do it that way since it can get really messy for trying to sort it out (since i mean, you're running into the problem of more or less shoving all the other rp boards into one board and calling it a day). i'd personally set it up as a category that has the same basic starting board areas and make it so that the category only appears if you have your skin set to it (and ofc have the age restrictions on as well, it's just so people don't have to scroll past two sets of the "same" boards if they don't want to). but that's just what i would do personally, and i think you'd be fine with just. setting up a few subboards to organize it a lil bit.

and yeah no i would really love to see the opportunity to just. buy the option (via points from posting and all that) to snag up a board and a set of subboards to organize things so that people can set up little mini-sites together for all the cross-player threading that you get with a fullblown rp site without actually going through with it (especially for more niche concepts or things that just can't get off the ground).

and you're welcome! i know it's really demotivating to post up an interest check and just get absolutely no feedback whatsoever, so i usually try to pop in for projects i can get behind, even if i'm not going to be joining them, and this is actually something that i am definitely very interested in seeing coming to fruition (and hopefully being part of in the future)!

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
so, tentative opening later tonight? i legit just have to sit down and finish like five things but it things i hate doing (aka graphics) so thus procrastination. if not tonight it will definitely be this weekend.

in the meantime though, the discord server is up and running for any people who are maybe interested in joining! you're totally welcome to come on by and chat with other people (or just me if i'm the only person there) maybe ask questions get some characters ideas going? i'll also probably be asking for some questions and suggestions if there is anyone there as well.

EDIT: site is open!
last edit on Dec 16, 2019 2:35:46 GMT by Deleted
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.