"Soulmate"-esque site???

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
— "Soulmate-esque"? —
For the lack of a better term, this is my idea of a "soulmate-esque" site: This is an extremely loose concept of an idea that I had earlier and I'm not sure how everything would work out, but I figured I'd at least check to see if there'd be any interest in something like this before working on it any further. Here goes:

Oracles: Oracles are people born with a gift - the gift of balance. Oracles have the ability to control life and death. On one hand, they can heal someone by transferring their own life force into someone else, but on the other, they have the ability to take away someone’s lifeforce and absorbing it as their own (Could also work with other abilities).

While oracles are born that way, their gifts doesn’t manifest until they’re between 18 and 25. When their abilities manifest, they’re assigned a guardian. While an oracle can survive after the death of their guardian, a guardian cannot survive if their oracle dies(?). Oracles can only have one guardian and upon a guardian’s death, they cannot be assigned a new one(?).

The bond between a guardian and an oracle is sacred (doesn't have to be romantic. Heck, they could even hate each other's guts): They can feel each other’s presence and emotions, and a guardian is able to sense when their oracle is in danger.

The reason oracles need a guardian is because once their abilities manifest, their presence becomes known not only to the guardians, but also to a third party: Djinns. Djinns feeds on the lifeforce oracles gain through their abilities, which makes them stronger.

Guardians: Guardians are special entities of great power. Similar to Japanese Yõkai, a guardian is a shapeshifter who can shift between a human shape, and their animal shape, in which they’re known to take on some animalistic traits (Both personality and physically-wise). Guardians can also control one elemental power (water, fire, wind and earth), as well as having enhanced strength, durability, speed/reflexes and senses.

Guardians are born in a parallel world, where only guardians (both those assigned and those who haven’t been assigned to oracles) reside.  Maybe Djinns live there too?

Djinns: Djinns are semi-immortal beings that has throughout history, hunted down manifested oracles. Feeding on an oracle’s lifeforce, adds onto the djinn’s lifespan, making them immortal as long as they keep feeding on oracles. They likely have some other abilities, too, aside from simply being able to suck out the lifeforce of oracles. Perhaps they're some sort of corrupted form of guardians, or something?

Djinns aren't assigned to just one oracle and instead, could technically go after all of them, rather than just one.

Other: How guardians and oracles are put together is something I haven't really thought through yet, though it would be cool for these two types of characters to be randomly put together, to give new people a chance to thread with each other, while also trying to avoid clique posting. Of course, that comes with a set of problems on its own. What if these two members don't click? What if one of them leaves?

The site would be set on proboards (proboards4lyfe), would likely be set in a modern fantasy setting, either AU or real life, no classes/stats, animanga face claims, 18+(age), and no EXP/levels.

I'm not sure if there's a whole lot to build on here, but it'd be cool to hear any inputs, ideas and suggestions. Heck, even critique is welcome! Lay it on me, folks. I'm ready! 8D

last edit on Jul 5, 2018 5:42:04 GMT by Deleted
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
This is lovely idea, since I loove soulmates. I do think the host going to be a bit of a problem considering proboards free only allowed 13+ content? I'm not sure if proboard have paid plan that allows mature content to be on board.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Empress Yuki Avatar
This is lovely idea, since I loove soulmates. I do think the host going to be a bit of a problem considering proboards free only allowed 13+ content? I'm not sure if proboard have paid plan that allows mature content to be on board.
By 18+ I meant member age, not content! ^-^
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
melusine Avatar
Jul 5, 2018 3:05:13 GMT @melusine said:
Empress Yuki Avatar

oh! You could have clarified it to be age lol. If thats the case, this is a terrific idea and i would love to help you with it
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Empress Yuki Avatar
melusine Avatar
Jul 5, 2018 3:05:13 GMT @melusine said:
oh! You could have clarified it to be age lol. If thats the case, this is a terrific idea and i would love to help you with it
In hindsight, yes, yes I should have, haha!

And great! Melusine#3037 @ Discord! :3
last edit on Jul 5, 2018 12:58:13 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.