Looking for fast-moving action!

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
I've really wanted to RP lately, but I've been having trouble finding a spot I think I'd fit in, so I'm turning to all of you! I'm looking for a site to join, but I'd like to have some kind of plot with someone that likes the same things I do before going in. I don't care if you're the admin or just a member, and don't worry about talking to me about any sites you think I might have seen. I am far more willing to join sites when I have something cool lined up, so even if it's not the kind of site I would join in my own, having someone else going in could change my mind.

What I'm looking for
Someone whose preferred pace is at least a post every other day or so. At least. I'd actually absolutely love it if you liked posting back and forth multiple times a day. And to be clear, this doesn't mean that I think people can't get busy or even take breaks. I'm just looking for someone that posts at this pace on average and likes threads that move fast.

Something with a supernatural element or really advanced technology. Basically, I like writing stuff where characters are at least a little bit superhuman.

Lots of conflict. I don't necessarily mean fighting (I actually hate writing combat unless it's used as a backdrop for shouting matches or something), but rather putting characters in difficult situations to get reactions out of them and to see how they react when they're horribly uncomfortable. So more emotional anguish than physical pain. I don't like things going smoothly, I don't necessarily want characters to get along all the time, and I really, really like writing (and causing!) blue screen of death moments.

I play pretty much all types of characters, but most of mine are pretty mean because I like conflict and mean characters tend to make it easier to cause conflict. They tend to be very opinionated as well, though not always. I do have some nice characters, but they tend to have a complication that make them more receptive to some kind of conflict. EG, I have one character I won't play unless she's killed a PC's parents/friends/etc, another is a cult leader, another works for the mafia, another is so self-destructive in her niceness she's barely functional, and that kind of thing. I try to gear my characters towards making something happen more or less. As a note, I play female characters almost exclusively. I can provide more details as desired.

Ideally, I'd like if if your whole community was into the above things, but as long as there's one other person on your site that you think I'd like to RP with I'd be happy. I just feel bad putting the entire burden of my desire to RP on one person.

So if you're looking for a specific plot and/or dynamic and think my style could work well, hit me up! I'm looking for a more long lasting plot and/or dynamic rather than a specific thread idea, or something that would probably finish in a thread or two.

Bonus points if you'll let me draw my characters! I do have FCs picked for most of them though, so this is not required. Here's my Deviant Art account if you need to get an idea of how I draw.

Hard Nos
I'm being pretty open in what I'm looking for, but there are some things that are not my taste personally. Here's things I'm not interested in no matter what, so please don't suggest sites like these.

Sandbox sites or one on one stuff. I'm specifically looking for full sites.

Anything with a minimum required word count of 250 words or more. Hard limit, meaning even if it's 251 I'm not interested. No word count is preferred, but anything 250 and under is fine.

Skins that are hard to navigate. Don't make me click on tabs to find boards, and please at least have the last thread posted in on each board on the index. If I can't find your forum's info in about a minute after looking, I probably won't join.

Real Life FCs

Pokemon

Slice of life. I'm defining this as the main point of the site being something along the lines of people living ordinary lives and the focus being on the day to day life. I'm cool with sandboxes as long as there's some central hook to get things started (factions tend to be good for this for example), I just don't want to RP really mundane things.

Anything romance or kink focused. Mostly because I'm bad at it. I don't tend to know what my character's 'type' is and I'm bad at preplanning these sorts of things. I also won't write explicit sex; I'm fade to black only.

---

So that's what I'm looking for! If you're not sure if I'd like something feel free to poke me anyway. Worst I can say is no and I won't be offended at all as long as it's not on my hard noes. Please do not poke me unless you like to post a lot though. I tend to stress people that take longer out. My turn around time will probably be like 4 hours or less unless you post while I'm sleeping or work is especially busy, so keep that in mind. Also remember that I'm big on conflict and if you don't like that we're not going to be a good match. I am well over 18 if that's any concern as well.

I'd actually prefer if you contacted me either by PM here on Pixel Perfect, or on Discord (I am Kitten4u#8675), rather than posting in this thread so we can start talking about characters, plots, and dynamics right away!
last edit on Dec 31, 2019 0:35:12 GMT by Kitten4u
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Bump! If you prefer a faster pace, but can't maintain it at this moment due to holidays or other circumstances don't hesitate to contact me anyway. I figure it might take a little while to decide what to play, and then it'll take me a good two weeks on top of that to draw my character if it's not one of the few characters I have art for. As much as I want to get things going right now I can wait a bit as long as once they are going they're really going!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Going to bump with info on some of the characters I feel like playing. After all, it's not fair to let one person do all the work, so here's some of the stuff on my mind.

Faith Desislava - Probably the nicest character I've ever made if only because I don't consider pushovers and people that lie to be polite nice. Very courteous and gentle with a genuine interest in people. The catch (because there always is one when I write nice people) is that she's part of some group with strong ingroup loyalty and a hatred for some outgroup. Her role with in that group is more or less to assassinate their enemies/people in that outgroup. The original context was that she was part of a vampire hunting family in a setting where vampires were more sympathetic, but it can really be anything. She could be part of a cult, part of a country that has a hatred for another, something or other with fantastical racism, it doesn't really matter to me. All I really need to make her function is some group that heavily indoctrinates her, to the point that she doesn't believe the people they're fighting are actually people.

In terms of plots I like with this character, I like having her realize that the people she's been killing are indeed people. I strongly prefer if one of her targets could have been related to one of the PCs, such as friends or family, because it'll make the reaction much stronger and has some interesting implications for after the reveal. She's not kill-happy or anything, so having PCs in the outgroup isn't a problem; I can justify why she doesn't go after them in the same way pretty easily (or maybe she does and just fails if that's appropriate, either or). I also think she pairs well with people that would find her weak sense of self kind of creepy and might want to do something about it. She's extremely patient, so she'd do well with rude characters or characters that need some help coming out of their shells as well.

If you're at all interested in this character or the types of plots I like then I'd love to hear your ideas! Even if you only know someone that might be interested, I'd love to meet them, so point me in their direction!
pronounsshe/her
328written posts
Mizoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mizo
Mizo Avatar
If you are reading this, I am beautiful.
Hello! So I didn't want to recommend sites randomly unless I'm absolutely sure that it might be something you like, but I think Hereafter ticks almost everything except for the last thread on the board listing parts. Our navigation is very straightforward, and I hope that's not a dealbreaker for you. Another thing is that we do require animanga fcs, but I hope that's okay!

Hereafter is a very conflict based sites because the nature - or just selecting the type of character you play already determines which characters you'll have a conflict or clashing worldviews with on the site. Furthermore, the conflict isn't fight rp based, but quite ideological in nature, spanning across political issues like smear/fear campaigns, the fundamental right to exist, and whether or not one's existence should even be there.

I believe that Faith will make an excellent soldier/member of the imperial army due to their heavy indoctrination, and she can definitely pledge undying loyalty to their cause of maintaining peace by wiping out specific groups of people. If that's not your cup of tea, you can also making her an Ayakashi in which she believes that the only way to ensure her survival is to maim the imperial army soldiers. I believe that she can also make an interesting Mononoke (Ayakashis that are corrupted), but I will say that Mononokes are death-enabled, so I'm not fully 100% if you're okay with the possibility of your character dying.

We are a very laid back site- most of the members are people that used to rp, and want to go back to rping peacefully, so I can't promise rapid fire post, but I can promise posts basically every other day because all of them are eager to plot and happy in doing so as well.

I hope we fit your criteria, but if not, good luck for your site searching! I hope it goes well and you'll find something that fits what you're looking for. ^^

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Bumping late for reasons. Time for more characters!

Inanita Versilnis - Her thing is more or less convincing herself to do really bad things because she thinks it'll save the world and things would get real bad if she didn't. What those bad things are would vary a lot depending on setting and tone, so the only thing that matters to me is that it has to be more than things would be better if she went through with it all - she would have to be convinced that things would go to absolute shit if she didn't. I'd also strongly prefer if those bad things didn't involve her really wanting to murder PCs. NPCs are fine for the most part, but I really don't like it when murder motives are directed towards other peoples' characters.

I like putting her with people that are fundamentally opposed to what she's doing and will shout at her for it. Ideological battles with lots of verbal back and forth to punctuate the action is always a good time.

Whether or not I'd keep the keyboard vomit fantasy name depends on setting too.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Bumping! I know I'm talking about my characters for bumps, but I'm totally willing to make new characters for character requests too. If there's been something you, or someone you know, has been wanting to do that seems up my alley I'd love to hear about it!

Aphaerla Suir - Her parents were criminals of some sort, and used Aphaerla in their crimes. She is very insecure about that, and herself in general. I don't care either way whether her parents are actually relevant/well known, or if it's just a case of she's the only that even knows or cares about this because they were maybe in the news for one day and then everyone forgot. She's very eager to prove herself and otherwise be helpful/useful, but lacks any kind of social skill and isn't very smart. While well meaning, she tends to rush into things without thinking it through and tends to be the punch first ask questions later sort. Really just wants friends and thinks she has to impress people to get it, and tends to be really sensitive to criticism and people being mean, even if she (badly) pretends like she doesn't.

Aphaerla is one of my more flexible characters, so she works well in most situations. If I had to narrow down favorites it'd be a BFF or something where they push her buttons a lot or people trying to manipulate her into doing things for them, good or bad.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I'm not really sure how you feel about series-based forums/rpgs, but Shine Bright! is an au and is loosely based on Sailor Moon. You don't have to necessarily know about the series to join, since everything is explained and we have many roles, including royal roles, that are completely central to the site itself. Royals allow members to be involved with the plot and what is happening around them, as well as having relations and even rocky ground with other central figures on-site, including, but not limited to: senshi, mother/father, siblings, other queens/kings, knights, other princes/princesses, and even the chaotic/good-turned-misguided characters on-site.

We do have an over-arching plot happening, and most of our events will probably consist of battles or sentai or magic-style fighting. However, you do not have to participate in these events, and, sometimes, your characters are even able to enjoy the slice-of-life side of the event without having to be involved or spectating any actual combat. But, these events could still come to shape your character later on, since some things/characters/actions in plot have a ripple-effect.

A lot of our site is focused on characters' internal conflicts, angst, romantic plots, forbidden relationships, and character development. A couple characters are questioning their loyalty to the central sovereign, their integrity, and bond to other characters as we speak, while some characters are trying to deal with their own personal conflicts and emotional turmoil in the midst of all of the "attacks" and "weird monsters" occurring in-universe. We encourage IC intrigue and character depth, and supplementary character development where possible.

However, there is one deal-breaker here. Our site is not very fast-paced, and while we have a couple members that are able to rapid-fire post, most of us have busy lives outside of the site, and sometimes threads can take up to a week and a half before a reply, since our activity requirement is an IC post every 12 days. We also still recovering from the holidays, but activity seems to be picking back up nicely now!

Another thing is that we require animanga fcs. But! There is a lot of variety in character creation as well as diversity in the worlds/kingdoms, or 'constellations', you can write in. All of our members are friendly, and many of us are always willing to plot and write with others.

Please feel free to drop by if you're interested!
last edit on Jan 18, 2020 20:31:09 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
When it comes to pace, I'm probably more flexible than I make myself sound. I just want to make sure I finish arcs and plots rather than leave them hanging. I have no interest in nagging people for posts, and I don't think people should prioritize RP over everything else going on in their lives or that they can't take breaks. That said, a post a week is probably still too slow for me. 2-3 is perfectly fine though.

Anyway, more characters!

Holly Maesen - In short, rich girl going through a rebellious phase. I'm good with either playing her at the point where she's being contrarian for the sake of it, or at a point where she has more of a vision and something she actually wants to accomplish for the good of the world. Both are pretty fun and what I go with would depend on plot discussions and setting. She's energetic and personable, but also pretty arrogant and self-centered, to the point that she will be outright surprised that people don't want to do whatever it is she wants to do. Her superpower/magic/whatever is basically a type of universal buff that makes people as strong as they think they are. Thus, she's a compulsive liar and tends to try really hard to make herself look good, so that more people are likely to believe in her and her ability, and thus what they can do with it.

She's also pretty flexible, but she's great fun with grumpy people. Also very good for dragging people into things they may not want to do.

If you're interested in doing stuff with me please PM me here or contact me on Discord! If you know someone that would, I'd love it if you showed them this thread so they could talk to me. Or even drop me their contact information so I can go and say hello. Please ask before giving me their info though because I don't want to surprise anyone.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.