write a reply

Which games, shows, and/or books have moved you to tears?

the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

this song really put me in a melancholic mood so i'll see how many i can recall because i'm a fuckin crybaby. but also, for the record, way more fanfictions have made me cry than anything else. fun fact. lmao. i'm a mess.

gintama » has made me cry A LOT and i'm not afraid to admit it. i don't even know if i can point out any specific time in particular? but let me tell you, for an anime sold as shounen comedy, i think i've shed more tears over it than anything else to date.

the adventure zone: balance arc » as in the mcelroy dnd podcast has made me cry a few times. especially when i finished it. yeah. especially then. idk man, griffin mcelroy is a master storyteller and i WISH i had an ounce of the creative prowess he does. okay i've also cried tears of laughter (more than i can count) but they don't count.

king of thorns » book 2 in the broken empire trilogy. specifically the twist at the ending made me cry... i'm a little ashamed of it thinking back (i mean this isn't supposed to be a tear-jerking or emotional book by any means), but i sat down and read this book in a day and so you can't blame me for being so caught up in the emotion of it.

shadow's edge » book 2 in the night angel trilogy... this is almost exactly along the same lines of me crying bc of the broken empire but a bit more legit bc one of my faves died aND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN OVER IT YET. DON'T @ ME.

extremely loud and incredibly close » i have a lot of Feelings about this book (i haven't watched the film). it was required reading for me i highschool and i remember a lot of my peers not liking it, but we were required to read it around the time that i went through a severe loss in my life and it follows the journey of a young boy learning to cope with the loss of his father post the 9/11 attacks on the world trade center... this book was Good For Me, and i'm about to cry just thinking about it haha (kill me)

the last of us: left behind » this... slaughtered me. i didn't play this but i watched my gf play it (she'd already played it and wanted me to experience it), and by the end we were both literally sobbing lmao. god. tlou is a game i don't think i'll ever be able to actually play again because of how emotionally draining it is, but it's very good.

assassin's creed: revelations » okay first of all, i am ashamed of this one, but i can explain... altair is my fave assassin and the memory sequences in this game that flash back to what happened post ac1 actually really did wreck me.

saraiya goyou » also known as house of five leaves made me weep. it's such? a slow and simple anime but the ending destroyed me. i need to watch it again.

donten ni warau » also known as laughing under the clouds kind of destroyed me. i still haven't gotten over it. goodbye.

wolf's rain » made me cry when i originally watched it like a decade ago. the anime tho, i don't remember the manga ending grabbing me as emotionally.

other notable ones... i also cried at the end of where the red fern grows. we watched it in class in like, elementary school, and everyone was weeping. that and old yeller lmao. i cry in dishonored whenever i see my husband the outsider ( can confirm). life is strange didn't make me cry but it did utterly devastate me. there are more bc i'm a wuss, i'll come back when i think of them.

overwatch has moved me to tears of rage before but i don't think that counts l o l
pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
ulla Avatar
assassin's creed: revelations » okay first of all, i am ashamed of this one, but i can explain... altair is my fave assassin and the memory sequences in this game that flash back to what happened post ac1 actually really did wreck me.

I. FORGOT. ABOUT. THIS. SCREAMS WILDLY
the game itself was terrible, and i will forever reject the way they ended malik.
BUT. THE. LAST. SEQUENCE. i was gone, am gone, good bye
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
ulla Avatar
the game itself was terrible, and i will forever reject the way they ended malik.

AFJDALHFDAKF FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME

i will never forgive the endings they gave malik or maria, but at least she got to die on screen

I THINK ABOUT THAT LAST SEQUENCE A LOT. A. LOT.
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 17:04:45 GMT by ulla
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
ulla Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar

i will never forgive the endings they gave malik or maria, but at least she got to die on screen

SCREAMS I WILL NEVER FORGIVE UBISOFT, HANDS DOWN.
until they make that ac1 remaster that i've been dreaming about since ac3 came came out
it's probably a pipe dream at this point hAHa. i still watch ubi at e3 every year hoping for it because i hate myself, and love suffering and disappointment

I JUST... I JUST THINK ABOUT ALTAIR AND THE SYRIAN ASSASSINS A LOT...
as out dated as it is, ac1 is my favourite out of the whole buttcreed series mostly because i'm in love with the fanon
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
ulla Avatar

until they make that ac1 remaster that i've been dreaming about since ac3 came came out
it's probably a pipe dream at this point hAHa. i still watch ubi at e3 every year hoping for it because i hate myself, and love suffering and disappointment

as out dated as it is, ac1 is my favourite out of the whole buttcreed series mostly because i'm in love with the fanon
ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON AS ME?

i've also been really hoping for an ac1 remake bc they really didn't do the syrian assassins and altair justice at all? like i get that the first game is hard to play bc it's very repetitive, but i'm with you. the fanon makes it my fave out of all of them i want to DIE. also you just reminded me of one more time i cried

assassin's creed: origins » WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS AN AC1 REMAKE BC IT'S CALLED ORIGINS AND IT WASN'T
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 17:14:08 GMT by ulla
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
ulla Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar

i've also been really hoping for an ac1 remake bc they really didn't do the syrian assassins and altair justice at all? like i get that the first game is hard to play bc it's very repetitive, but i'm with you. the fanon makes it my fave out of all of them i want to DIE. also you just reminded me of one more time i cried

assassin's creed » origins WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS AN AC1 REMAKE BC IT'S CALLED ORIGINS AND IT WASN'T

APPARENTLY WE ARE????

i see the first ac is more of a prototype tbh. it's clear to me that they didn't put much thought of it beyond the "lul freerunning." fans are OP for all they did in fleshing the characters out

i wish i saved my screaming when they announced origins because THEY HURT ME. all i want from buttcreed: historical tourism are female playable characters, a game set in feudal asia, and an ac1 remake cMON UBI I'M NOT ASKING FOR MUCH.
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 17:18:06 GMT by k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
ulla Avatar

assassin's creed » origins WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS AN AC1 REMAKE BC IT'S CALLED ORIGINS AND IT WASN'T
APPARENTLY WE ARE????

i see the first ac is more of a prototype tbh. it's clear to me that they didn't put much thought of it beyond the "lul freerunning." fans are OP for all they did in fleshing the characters out

i wish i saved my screaming when they announced origins because THEY HURT ME. all i want from buttcreed: historical tourism are female playable characters, a game set in feudal asia, and an ac1 remake cMON UBI I'M NOT ASKING FOR MUCH.

FHKAJLFJDAHK WELL AT LEAST THEY GOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS IN ODYSSEY?

i know that evie in syndicate was a "playable character" but idk it didn't really feel the same since you had to play jacob half the time.

ANYWAY, we way derailed this LMAO. case and point -- tears have been shed over assassin's creed but they're bc ubisoft SUCKS
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
ulla Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
APPARENTLY WE ARE????

FHKAJLFJDAHK WELL AT LEAST THEY GOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS IN ODYSSEY?

i know that evie in syndicate was a "playable character" but idk it didn't really feel the same since you had to play jacob half the time.

ANYWAY, we way derailed this LMAO. case and point -- tears have been shed over assassin's creed but they're bc ubisoft SUCKS

well odyssey allows u to pick a character. Also fck revelation; the end credit had me in tears. Maria's death, Ezio's revelation of Desmond's presence and seeing altair skeletal remain just asfhkljhxsa. I want a set in japan but so far, they said they wont be doing it. Like hnghhhh ubisoft, pls; u can do shit ton of assassin on feudal japan alone.

I just want ac that sets in japan lkjgfsa
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

i'm actually a big baby who cries at literally everything bc i wear my heart on my sleeve and am hugely empathetic w/o meaning to be so...there's genuinely a lot of shit i tend to cry at lmao. let's get started.

a song of ice and fire » for realsies though this series destroys me every time i re-read it. considering that a character you love either dies or gets shit on like, every chapter, i think it speaks for itself when i say it's an emotional roller coaster of a ride. i used to also keep up with game of thrones but after the third season it started pissing me off with all the inaccuracies so i don't want to hear anything about that show anymore oops. the book(s) are the only thing i care about on the george r.r. martin front.

mass effect » when i first made the steps to split from an abusive relationship, i very truly had nothing that was my own because for seven years i had just...poured every aspect of myself into becoming someone to make someone else happy. mass effect was really the first thing that was mine again, and it genuinely saved my life. i bought the trilogy when it went on sale on origins, because i already knew and loved dragon age and at the time a lot of people i followed on tumblr also reblogged / sang the praises of mass effect, so i figured - what the heck, it's only $14.

like six months later and i've spent over $100 on this fucking series and getting all the dlc. and then i got it for xbox. the beginning of mass effect 2 pretty much killed me because i was NOT READY FOR THAT and of course, the third game really fucking slams you hard in the feels. to be frank shepard having ptsd and bioware not shying away from that is really fucking important to me.

the prince of egypt » there is a whole heckin lot of stuff i could talk about here. perhaps what gets me the most, though, is the soundtrack. every song is filled with so much intense emotion, and accompanied by the gorgeous animation this movie reduces me to tears every time. tears of sadness and tears of joy. moses's relationship with ramesses, his revelation of his hebrew heritage and then rejection of his role as a prince of egypt, followed by him finding a new purpose with the midianites, are just some reasons why i feel the story told within the film is just so packed with emotion.

avatar: the last airbender » the final battle between princess azula and prince zuko, and azula's subsequent psychotic breakdown...i don't think i can put into words how much of an emotional impact it has on me, every time i watch it. azula became really, really important to me during a time in my life where i was very unstable and i felt a relation to her that saw me through a very bad period. literally all i want is for a fucking azula redemption arc @ bryan and mike. please. have mercy.

full metal alchemist: brotherhood » i don't even want to explain how much this show made me fucking cry and tbh at this point i am getting a little blurry in my thoughts and starting to forget things.

michiko to hatchin » I FEEL LIKE I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS ONE. THAT ENDING. GOODBYE.

there's...so much more but i can't remember them. although and i was genuinely sobbing in class (i think we were in like 6th grade) when i read the ending of where the red fern grows (and it's now one of my favourite books). i also cried like a lil bitch the first time i played da:i and it got to the part where everyone sings the dawn will come. and ofc during a certain character's death and final goodbye in the ginga densetsu weed anime. i also cried a lot at certain character's deaths throughout the warrior cats series as a child and while idk if i would cry now as an adult that shit still remains pretty emotional to me.
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
627written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.
alright... i literally cry over everything, but i will go into some specifics:

manga

furuba. i got so worked up over this one that i legitimately had to set it aside to cry for a bit. like... it's so good, so sad, but so satisfying in the end. i live and would die for this series.

hana yori dango. this one doesn't seem super sad, and tbh i don't find it super sad. but there are parts that really just get you. (the drama also had me cryin like a lil binch tho so... i have no excuse)

anime

devilman crybaby. if you've seen it, i'm sure you know which bit in particular did me in. it was rough.

tengen toppa gurren lagann. i will never watch this anime ever again. it hurts so bad that all i choose to live with are my memories of it. i still feel the ache in my chest over it.

boku no hero academia. okay i just recently started watching this but the number of times i've cried over it already are so immense. i can't even believe i'm still a functioning human being. deku's mom mentioned something like passing out 7 times during the cavalry race (2 from dehydration) and i truly felt that shit.

movies

hercules. i know its been years, but c'mon fam. you can't tell me that young herc singing about how he can go the distance doesn't get you. like... i really believe in him so much. i lov that boi

rogue one. i keep rewatching it. and i keep sobbing over the exact same parts even though i know they're coming. this movie wrecked me. and it continues to wreck me bc what is self control? i wish i knew.

last edit on Jul 25, 2018 20:48:24 GMT by 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
27written posts
meggersearned bits
offlinecurrently
meggers
meggers Avatar
Here we go, movies that I cried about.
The Dark Crystal It's a jim henson film (so if you like The Labyrinth it's way better than that) that brought me to tears because for some reason I'm an oddball of a kid and couldn't help but relate to it. I don't know what it is that I find so relatable to it or what makes me want to just...ball up and cry. It's not even the storyline itself, but just the entire movie from the stupid fizzgig to the amazing music.

Dofus – Book 1: Julith Okay Jorist's storyline is just too good. I cried at the ending with my younger brother. Watch it, you'll see why.

The Goose Girl It's a book that shocked me. I mean I was in middle school I did not expect to be reading a dark book about royalty, I was expecting a family friendly book about a poor girl that took care of geese and went on an adventure to find the lost goose or something. I didn't exactly cry during the book, it was more like one day I thought about it and started crying about it because it's scary for me to think someone that could be a friend or close to me could be devious. It kind of gave me this thought of how I always give people the benefit of the doubt, I just wait until they royally screw me over before I tell myself that it's not okay to hang out with them anymore.
105written posts
apathyearned bits
offlinecurrently
apathy
apathy Avatar

i probably get way too emotional and teary at things way too easy for a man but #noshame

two things that come to mind immediately:

Kimi no Na wa: ugh, that ending. i love romcoms and romantic shit so this one killed me.

Your Lie in April: stop. stop this anime. stop the pain
pronounsshe/her
344written posts
lychee💖earned bits
offlinecurrently
lychee💖
lychee💖 Avatar
come take a look before fallin at my feet. all i'll ever know is life up on a throne
I'm a big emotional baby so I cry at most things. So whatever I list is gonna be like, sobbing uncontrollably because y'all don't wanna hear how I cried at frozen lmao

Your Lie in April is what I thought of first. Its theme holds a really special place for me and it definitely left a mark on my heart.

(tries to look thru Netflix to see what has destroyed me)

I still can't rewatch Bridge to Terabithia.

This one is super funny now and I still cry at the end. But we saw Rogue One in theaters than immediately had to drive 5 hours home after it was done and I was actually broken. I'd be quiet for like an hour and then just burst into tears, my fiance was so worried about me in between laughing at me being a blubbering mess.