pronounsany
253written posts
UMUearned bits
offlinecurrently
UMU
UMU Avatar
I'm going to change, one step at a time, even if you won't forgive me
[attr="class","umugeneral"]
ok so excuse me as I breathe into a paper bag here.

But my challenge is super simple! Like, dead easy - and probably will make you guys murder me in my sleep ngl.

You're only allowed 3 things - 1 image, borders and 1 color. how the color is used is up to you - however that's the only color you're using ( you can use black for text tho). overflow:auto is the only exception to make a scrolling template. but your template must have only these three things. Yes, that means no google fonts, no snazzy icons, no textures, nada. (lyrics are allowed side note, realized that wasn't clear). you can use proboards built in font faces - like the ones in the drop down field. the image can be anything you want, but it's the only image you're using. ( basically doesn't have to be an icon or a graphics image, can be a texture ;3).

We're going extremely simple here - like back in the good old days. can you make those by-gone days look good? creativity is probably your best friend here.

Good luck folks ;3

[googlefont="Exo:900|Teko:300|Raleway|Nunito"]
[newclass=.umugeneral b]color:#DB2932[/newclass]
last edit on Jul 10, 2018 10:45:05 GMT by UMU
352written posts
vonearned bits
offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
Wow i jsut wanted to try this just when i was about to sleep. i wasnt rly sure what i was doING LMAO. Anyways, the only color ive used was #F2CCC3 the other 'colors' were neutral-ish bc i figured white & black can be used for the fonTs? I also used white transparency for other elements so yeaaa!! BUt I have to say this is a really hard challenge mostly because I hate all the default fonts and it burns me inside that im using em hahahaha
[googlefont="Muli"]

[nospaces]
[newclass=".smpl"] background:#F2CCC3; width:230px; margin:0 auto; padding:40px; border:rgba(55,55,55,0.1) solid 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".smpl-txt"] text-align:center; color:#fff; font:bold 7px/100% verdana; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".smpl-txt h1"] font:italic bold 55px times new romn; color:#333; margin:0; letter-spacing:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".smpl-post"] margin:40px 20px 20px; text-align:justify; color:#333; font:10px/150% verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=".smpl-post b"] font:italic bold 14px times new roman;[/newclass]
[newclass=".smpl-post i"] color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".smpl img"] display:block; width:100px; height:100px; margin:0 auto 30px; border-radius:100%; border:rgba(255,255,255,0.4) dotted; border-width: 0 8px 0 8px;[/newclass]

[attr="class","smpl"]

[attr="class","smpl-txt"]
pray for the

wicked

IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT

[attr="class","smpl-post"]
Bacon ipsum. dolor amet pork tenderloin flank biltong sausage venison frankfurter jerky spare ribs pancetta porchetta turkey kielbasa corned beef strip steak. Chicken tail alcatra spare ribs, cupim pig porchetta sausage turducken tongue fatback. Biltong capicola andouille boudin salami spare ribs ground round flank pork belly rump venison kielbasa. Turducken chuck venison, leberkas swine sirloin tail pork loin pork chop. Tail brisket pork chop swine.

last edit on Jul 10, 2018 16:16:20 GMT by von
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
I think that's the quickest I've seen challenge submissions get... well, submitted! You PMed me directly about this guy, though, so I wasn't going to not submit something. Even if it's inferior. Also, I don't think accent + black and white was allowed for this, so I only went with black + white, but - who even knows anymore. For extra mileage, I coded this all inline - so no [ nospaces ], and not even the one line of newclass it would have taken to style that tag font, loath as I am to leave it as is. In spirit of the challenge, this template could 100% be done (aside from maybe the tagging itself, but that's function, not fashion) before the introduction of style tags. Woo!

synchroncity
WITH ONE BREATH, WITH ONE FLOW
with one breath, with one flow, you will know synchronicity. a sleep trance, a dream dance, a shared romance: synchronicity. a connecting principal linked to the invisible. almost imperceptible. something inexpressible. science insusceptible. logic so inflexible. causally connectable - nothing is invincible. if we share this nightmare, we can dream spiritus mundi. if you act as you think - the missing link, synchronicity. a connecting principal linked to the invisible. almost imperceptible. something inexpressible. science insusceptible. logic so inflexible. causally connectable - nothing is invincible.

we know you. they know me. extrasensory, synchronicity. a star fall. a phone call. it joins all - synchronicity. a connecting principal linked to the invisible. almost imperceptible. something inexpressible. science insusceptible. logic so inflexible. causally connectable - nothing is invincible.

it's so deep. it's so wide. you're inside synchronicity. effect without a cause. sub-atomic laws. scientific pause. synchronicity, synchronicity, synchronicity, synchronicity, synchronicity, synchronicity, synchronicity.
last edit on Jul 11, 2018 3:36:29 GMT by pharaoh leap
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I can't believe I didn't do this challenge sooner, it was simple, yes, but fun in the manner of finding standard fonts to use for lyrics! | icon source | idc if you use this, I'll probably eventually (read: never) post this as a premade

C'MON
cause i know what i like
& you're lookin' just like my type
let's go for it just for tonight
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
ooc stuff
dandy ♫
19written posts
crystallineearned bits
offlinecurrently
crystalline
crystalline Avatar
Don't ask me how I did those triangles, because I'm not too sure myself.
Hopefully this abides by the challenge rules: The sole image used is the icon, the only colour is #EEBDAC, and there are borders galore in those triangles.

There's only one thing left to say.

"Every day, every night, LATATA!"

LATATA

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut quam enim, euismod ac aliquet venenatis, semper et magna. Aliquam semper velit nulla, quis consectetur nisi cursus non. Quisque rhoncus lacinia felis, sed pulvinar magna euismod eget. Quisque efficitur dolor urna, ut ultricies velit dapibus in. Duis molestie et nunc sit amet molestie. Pellentesque ac nisi porta ante commodo cursus vitae ut nibh. In egestas, risus vitae efficitur luctus, nunc est sollicitudin elit, id gravida dolor lorem a ex.

Words: ###Tags:Notes:

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
SHUT UP AND KISS ME
I chose to really try and stick to the basics on this and take what you were giving us a little more literally in the hopes of creating something incredibly simple but hopefully satisfying both aesthetically and for the challenge. I couldn't shake the feeling that you meant it a little more literally anyway to see what people could do with the bare minimum.

As such this template contains 1 color taken from the image, a 400px x 130px image, borders and preinstalled fonts from PB itself and that's it. Doesn't even have a background color and fully relies on the site's font css, color and post background color instead. probably the most advanced bit here is the vertical-align for the sake of everything aligning towards the top when the two table cells expand instead of being awkwardly centered. I actually really enjoyed doing this one, it was nice to do up something so simple and straight forward.
and other ooc notes here
this is something endless