write a reply

Favorite Line from your Last Post

pronounsshe/they
147written posts
asiearned bits
offlinecurrently
asi
asi Avatar
i'll take my chances on the curb here with you.
spoiler alert for the ending of isolde's bio which took and is entirely too long. pray that val and murk don't strike me down once i'm done trimming it

his eyes open slowly at first. then he blinks, scrambles away. you watch as a satisfying array of emotions flash across his face, blabbering some nonsense until you shush him. and not once does he smile.

the narrow tip of your sword goes to his throat.

"i've come to hear you sing."

last edit on Aug 13, 2018 9:45:22 GMT by asi

eepy cosy
aliasmae
pronounsthey/he
1,569written posts
M A E !earned bits
offlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
one step beyond your door, it might as well have been a free fall
a section of a character bio i'm writing! the character's name is eun-bi, also known as rayne, and is an identical (mirror) twin to her sister sun-hee or sunny. mirror twins are interesting

warmth. the warmth of a mother, of a family. the warmth of the sun, the warmth of summer grass.

the warmth of a sunny day. the warmth of sun-hee, who was always so much more than you.

at first, you were the moon. using her light to shine as well. but you were not warmth, you were warmth reflected and transformed into something awkward and cold, a strange alien beauty but untouchable and dark. you were her reflection, and she was the standard.

the sun and the moon, together only during an eclipse. but you were always together, so maybe that wasn't accurate.

instead of the moon, you became the clouds that block out the light, the warmth. bitter grey, bitter grey, bitter grey and acidic rain like bitter tears. rain, rayne, go away, come again some other day.
pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
don't ask why there's a wolf in a petsmart

when they enter, a nearby sales clerk takes one look at conri and gives andre a dirty look. “your dog should be on a leash.”

unfortunately for the clerk, he’d never seen conri on a leash before. he’d never seen the wolf need one — one word from cinead and the oversized pup was all ears. “he doesn’t have one,” andre offers an apologetic shrug, “but that's okay, he’s a good boy, he doesn’t need one. right conri?”

andre whistles to get the wolf’s attention then calls him over. the wolf turns his head to look at him, then continues foreward, wandering deeper in the store. the store clerk looks done with their life. “he won’t cause trouble,” andre reassures with an apologetic smile.

when he turns his head back to where conri was, the wolf is gone. trying not to sound too alarmed as he excuses himself, andre makes his way down the aisles at record pace. causing havoc in a petstore is not how he wants this excursion to end.
14written posts
lianzaearned bits
offlinecurrently
lianza
lianza Avatar
I will once more break the rules of this thread because it's not my post and neither is the last (I am roleplaying at a maddening speed these days), but it's a line I liked very much from one of the last messages. It's from a post written by @arae , when my character enters a flower shop:

"He looked lost among the cheery colors, as if he had walked out of a black and white film. " 

last edit on Aug 16, 2018 23:41:13 GMT by lianza
eepy cosy
aliasmae
pronounsthey/he
1,569written posts
M A E !earned bits
offlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
not a post but an app! posting a screencap of the portion instead bc it needs the formatting to top it off hehe

last edit on Aug 20, 2018 3:06:58 GMT by M A E !
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
"Right now?" she asked, letting her hips sway a little more pronouncedly, showing off the curve of her figure. It took her a moment to recognize who it was - because of course he would be out of that standard, sleek uniform of his that was so recognizable - but when she did, she felt a coy little smile toy at her lips. "Right now I'm talking with you, scarf boy. Or should I call you Little Devil?" She hummed softly at the thought, standing her ground then. "But you know how cats are, Devil. They do what they like, and if you cross their path, you'd better not get in their way. Although... if you play nice, I might be willing to make an exception."

She was ever so carefully laying the bait, moving slowly as she shifted her weight so that it looked entirely natural as she slid into a stance that offered him the barest glimpses of her skin, teasing hints of what lay beneath. It was window dressing towards an offer she had used more than a few times to get her way, even if she didn't always succeed with her prize. She had a feeling he was going to be one who would be like her Spider in turning her down though; it was in the scarf over his eyes instead of the usual mask. A pity, that. It might have been rather fun to have a tangle in the sheets with Hell Kitchen's infamous Daredevil. "I promise I won't even scratch... much."

me: he's blind felicia
me: he's gay felicia
me: please stop doing literally everything you're doing, felicia, matt did not ask for literally any of this.

Lux Lucet in Tenebris
aliasJacob
pronounsHe, Him, and His
1,226written posts
Jacobearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jacob
Part of the Furniture
Jacob Avatar

The boy and his steed made their way quickly down the mountainside and entered the city below. The busy people, going about their daily lives, were surprised by their ruler's hurried entrance. ”Excuse us!" "Pardon us,” Florian called out.  ”We're coming through!” His citizens gathered up wares and leapt out of the way as the Prince sped by.  He did do his best to direct Aster round them, but a tired potter had set his items in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Florian's mare crushed that man's goods under hoof!  "Forgive me, sir," yelled the youth whilst looking towards the pinewood.  "I shall pay you in full upon my return!"  Little, it did to quell the subject's vexation, however.
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

another one for the hoard
the sea gives, and the sea takes. the thought is no more bitter than it is an observation, his eyes trained upon the waves that quietly lapped at the wooden sides of the kingfisher. nature is what it is; just as the sun rises and sets, so too does a life take its first breath, and exhale its last.

if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.
"And you?" Evan took a longer sip of the fruity concoction. After a moment of deliberation, she ventured an additional question, quiet and to the point. "What were you hoping for?"
eepy cosy
aliasmae
pronounsthey/he
1,569written posts
M A E !earned bits
offlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
'pudding! double shot espresso for pudding!'

pudding? oh god, she could go for some right now, but charlotte doubted that was why the treat was being called out. it was more likely that it was just another time a barista had no clue how to spell or say someone's name right. why, even with a name like her own, it had been fucked up quite a few times. what was it about baristas, where they all deaf or did they have a secret league where whoever got the funniest name mess up of the month got a point and whoever got the most points at the end of the season got a prize? was that it?

god, charlie needed to sleep.