Quick Interest Checks

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
ghostie Avatar
Slice of life mixed with pokemon? Could have different locations and events to make it interesting and still a side of competitions etc but it would be nice to have a focus on catching pokemon but also being citizens having regular jobs that pokemon help out with and just some casual stuff with some neat events tossed in. Just curious if people would have interest in this.

There are several Pokemon sites already open that fit this criteria if you're looking.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
SPIRELE Avatar
ghostie Avatar
Slice of life mixed with pokemon? Could have different locations and events to make it interesting and still a side of competitions etc but it would be nice to have a focus on catching pokemon but also being citizens having regular jobs that pokemon help out with and just some casual stuff with some neat events tossed in. Just curious if people would have interest in this.
There are several Pokemon sites already open that fit this criteria if you're looking.

i actually kind of disagree with that - most pokemon sites right now 1) are largely catered towards the stereotypical experience of a pokemon trainer and related characters (ie, gym leaders or professors), 2) have some kind of large-scale storyline or plot that would be difficult to ignore if you didn't really want to keep up with it, 3) are set in larger regions that would make it difficult to plot characters who would have little reason to travel (ie, flower shop girls or police officers), or 4) are some combination of these three factors. in other words, they're more "pokemon sites with slice of life elements" than "real life sites with pokemon elements", so to speak. i think the closest thing to the latter would actually be lucky strike, which is an academy site, and while i'm not aware of it enough to speak from experience, i don't think i would be wrong to say that probably the experience of characters not associated with the school might not quite as engaging, the same way normal adults are less engaging to play on a hogwarts-focused harry potter site.

i obviously won't put words into ghostface's mouth, but i personally think it would be really cool to see a pokemon site that's more in the vein of detective pikachu (which was more the vibe i was picking up for the site), and i would actually be really interested in seeing it develop and come to life! and, y'know, if i'm wrong about that, just ignore me, it's fine, i just really love the idea of having a mid-sized city setting for a pokemon site and running wild with a lot of the concepts we see in detective pikachu, oops.
last edit on Nov 18, 2019 18:07:41 GMT by Kuroya

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
ghostie Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
i actually kind of disagree with that - most pokemon sites right now 1) are largely catered towards the stereotypical experience of a pokemon trainer and related characters (ie, gym leaders or professors), 2) have some kind of large-scale storyline or plot that would be difficult to ignore if you didn't really want to keep up with it, 3) are set in larger regions that would make it difficult to plot characters who would have little reason to travel (ie, flower shop girls or police officers), or 4) are some combination of these three factors. in other words, they're more "pokemon sites with slice of life elements" than "real life sites with pokemon elements", so to speak. i think the closest thing to the latter would actually be lucky strike, which is an academy site, and while i'm not aware of it enough to speak from experience, i don't think i would be wrong to say that probably the experience of characters not associated with the school might not quite as engaging, the same way normal adults are less engaging to play on a hogwarts-focused harry potter site.

i obviously won't put words into ghostface's mouth, but i personally think it would be really cool to see a pokemon site that's more in the vein of detective pikachu (which was more the vibe i was picking up for the site), and i would actually be really interested in seeing it develop and come to life! and, y'know, if i'm wrong about that, just ignore me, it's fine, i just really love the idea of having a mid-sized city setting for a pokemon site and running wild with a lot of the concepts we see in detective pikachu, oops.
Yes yes! That's more of what I meant. Kind of a more chilled out smaller slice of life with a sprinkle of pokemon elements. I've been feeling like some slice of life but I also have been really wanting a pokemon roleplay too but not anything strictly related to school. (don't get me wrong I've done my fair share of academy/school roleplays but I'd prefer something where maybe there's that option but its not so heavily focused, the main focus is on everyday life and the citizens.) Something more maybe focusing on a few small areas or a specific city and having pokemon be sort of the background of it all. Seeing things like detectives with a partner pokemon, or doctors with healing pokemon or maybe firemen with a squad of water types. I have had massive inspo from detective pikachu as well and kind of want to see this type of thing around it'd be really neat. Was just curious if anyone was interested in that sort of thing too.

Thank you for the suggestion though! I just haven't really vibed with any of those sites they weren't quite exactly what I was looking for.

Closest thing I can think of that hits that would be Pelipper Town which was a cool idea but shut down last year, I think. That or it moved to tumblr, I don't remember. Either way, it sounds like a cool idea and branches off what's already up so good luck if you go and make it.
3written posts
eriearned bits
offlinecurrently
eri
eri Avatar
Been developing an fantasy owl roleplay inspired by the Kingdom of Ga'Hoole book series, but I wanted to see if anyone was interested in it first.

It's been on the back-burner for almost 1 or 2 years, trying to make a roleplay that's casual as much as it can be action-packed for whatever group you decided to make your character into. So far it's got a skill system in the works for the casuals, the usual good vs evil for the action roleplayers, and other stuff I'm too lazy to type up so I'm just slowly making progress in this. I also changed a lot of aspects from the book series, so people don't need to read the books to get anything if they have never read it before. Would love to gather a few staff members and alpha testers on the roleplay when it opens up, so hit me up if you're interested.
6written posts
solearned bits
offlinecurrently
sol
sol Avatar
SPIRELE Avatar
ghostie Avatar
Yes yes! That's more of what I meant. Kind of a more chilled out smaller slice of life with a sprinkle of pokemon elements. I've been feeling like some slice of life but I also have been really wanting a pokemon roleplay too but not anything strictly related to school. (don't get me wrong I've done my fair share of academy/school roleplays but I'd prefer something where maybe there's that option but its not so heavily focused, the main focus is on everyday life and the citizens.) Something more maybe focusing on a few small areas or a specific city and having pokemon be sort of the background of it all. Seeing things like detectives with a partner pokemon, or doctors with healing pokemon or maybe firemen with a squad of water types. I have had massive inspo from detective pikachu as well and kind of want to see this type of thing around it'd be really neat. Was just curious if anyone was interested in that sort of thing too.

Thank you for the suggestion though! I just haven't really vibed with any of those sites they weren't quite exactly what I was looking for.
Closest thing I can think of that hits that would be Pelipper Town which was a cool idea but shut down last year, I think. That or it moved to tumblr, I don't remember. Either way, it sounds like a cool idea and branches off what's already up so good luck if you go and make it.
The problem is people saying they want a site like this and it being set up only for nothing to actually happen. Pelipper Town died cause no one ever posted, tho that includes me not posting too lmao, I'll @ myself on that. There's been some cute Harvest Moon pokemon ones too. Heck, if people want I can do up PT again, clear things out and tinker with whatever, I don't remember SHIT about it except getting high on caffeine to set it up late at night.

edit: discord is aaathats3as#0420, I pretty much only play D&D now tho.
last edit on Nov 27, 2019 9:13:05 GMT by sol
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
laid-back sandbox focused on animanga ocs? like, ridiculously laid back. no apps, no face claim, post what plots you're interested in doing and just...do it. want to thread a fluffy romantic plot set in modern day new york? go for it. want a sci-fi plot driven by the conflict between two alien races? do it! want to thread out some action/super hero themes? you go, glenn coco. i know there are a lot of panfandom forums out there that focus on playing canon characters so that what makes me want to focus on ocs. but? -shrug emoji-

idk, some days you wanna thread out a complicated fake political world where everything hinges on the word of a horrible king and some days you just want to write about a stupid person having a stupid crush.
last edit on Nov 30, 2019 2:29:12 GMT by Deleted
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
pan Avatar
laid-back sandbox focused on animanga ocs? like, ridiculously laid back. no apps, no face claim, post what plots you're interested in doing and just...do it. want to thread a fluffy romantic plot set in modern day new york? go for it. want a sci-fi plot driven by the conflict between two alien races? do it! want to thread out some action/super hero themes? you go, glenn coco. i know there are a lot of panfandom forums out there that focus on playing canon characters so that what makes me want to focus on ocs. but? -shrug emoji-

idk, some days you wanna thread out a complicated fake political world where everything hinges on the word of a horrible king and some days you just want to write about a stupid person having a stupid crush.

there's explicit content. hits what u want but not only animanga. it's shared afaik but it's been a min since i last saw it tbyh