write a reply

What are you watching?

pronounsif you speak of me in certain tongues, you will be dethroned or detained
108written posts
ophiuchusearned bits
offlinecurrently
ophiuchus
ophiuchus Avatar
gutter rappin', anti-sleepin', no half-steppin'
I have a few close friends I watch East Asian dramas with (started off as sharing our love of wuxia films but then realized there's so much out there to watch). We're all bad at being idle, so it helps to binge with pals. We're working on a kdrama entitled Black and I might've lowkey spoiled something for myself by reading the blurb, goddamn.

Anyways, highly recommended.
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.
The Handmaid's Tale. I hear it deviates from the book quite a bit in the second season, which kinda kills the point of the book for me. I'll probably check it out anyway cause I love Samira Wiley.

Other than that, I still need to catch up on OiTNB, Voltron, and start on Castle Rock.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
I only keep up with that high quality currently-airing anime, so I'm crying over Mob Psycho 100 season two even though I read the whole manga, so nothing is a surprise, but BOY does it animate well, what a boppin' intro. The Promised Neverland is very good, but I'm pretty sure everyone and their mom is yelling about it already, so, like...? You wanna know what people aren't yelling about that they should be? Heckin' Boogiepop, oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOSH. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and watch it. AND ARTISTS, GET ON THAT FANART TRAIN... I NEED TO FACE CLAIM MIYASHITA SO BAD... Or literally anyone, everyone is precious and good, anime is a blessing.

Otherwise, gonna go back and watch SSSS.Gridman start to finish to get that whole, uninterrupted experience, and now that I have access to the X-Files again (thanks, Sky <3), I'm gonna continue screaming into the void about Spooky Mulder, bless quality series. So many things to keep up with, never enough time...
last edit on Feb 26, 2019 6:58:24 GMT by pharaoh leap

pronounsShe/Her
44written posts
rafflesiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
rafflesia
rafflesia Avatar
Because depression is literally my constant state of being, my most watched shows are The Office, Parks and Rec, Master of None, Community, Brooklyn 99, and Bojack Horseman. Lately as strange as it is, Bojack has kind of been helping me to feel a bit better about life, not because of the horrible way that Bojack is as a character, but because Princess Carolyn is really inspirational. She takes so much crap in her life and still finds a way to knock it all back even when she's down in the dirt. I honestly love it and her so much.

At this moment though, I'm watching The Office again. I just wanna get my fill in before I have to beg someone to let me use their NBC account xD
pronounsShe, Her
128written posts
punkiearned bits
offlinecurrently
punki
punki Avatar
all of this mess is just my attempt to know the worth of my life; made of precious metals inside
I may or may not be re-watching One Piece from start to current finish... again. I am one of those people who loves long-ass anime with no conclusion in sight, because binge-watching heaven. It's one of the only shows that never fails to make me slap my knees with its somewhat repetitive, occasionally cringe-worthy humor.

I'm also currently keeping up with Boku no Hero Academia as it comes out, because <3
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Boku no Hero Academia is having its best arc animated right now and it's basically a master class in how to introduce characters in a superhero setting. It's currently the best thing airing that I've seen, and I've been looking forward to this all year. Pls watch Boku no Hero Academia guys it's amazing. One of my favorite things to do each week is see tiny percentage of people complaining about that week's episode and just seeing the insane mental gymnastics they have to jump through in order to come up with anything wrong with this season.

Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia is another Fate series and holds up to their usual standard despite a new animation studio in CloverWorks. This is one of the two fan-voted campaigns from the game to have an adaptation, and is considered by people who are wrong to be the best of the campaigns of the first nine or even overall. I say they're wrong because nothing tops Camelot, but Babylonia is a solid #2. The fight scenes are really, really good and deserves special mention.

RWBY Volume 7 has the potential to be the best season in RWBY if they maintain the quality level they've had this season. The writing, frankly, leveled up and the action scenes have kept up with the huge jump they had in Volume 6. They're basically running my favorite type of antagonist in fiction right now, so I'd actually put them above Fate/Babylonia in terms of how much I'm enjoying it right now -- and anyone who knows me also knows that I am a GIANT Fate fan. I think it's risen to the level to actually compete with anything in terms of quality, which is really cool to see from a show that initially had a budget of roughly seven dollars and a piece of gum for its first volume.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW