phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
wow it has been literally forever and a day since i've done proboards. part of me almost forgets how a lot of the coding goes. i'm sure that will bite me in the butt later. anyway.

hi there. my name is kuroya, i'm 22 years old, and i'm sure a lot of you are thinking you saw the last of me back two or three years ago. well. surprise bitch. joking aside, i'm still around, i just hopped over to the rl side, and it's been kinda nice, but part of me misses some things, so here i am. for those of you who remember me... hi, i'm back and better than ever. for those of you who don't... i'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not that whatever rep i have isn't super pervasive after so many years we'll just say it's good, it'll be nice to have a clean slate.

anyway. i'm looking around to try to fill an urge to rp some stuff i just. haven't in a long time, so. i guess as a disclaimer, i may join a few of these sites, i may join none of them, we'll just see what happens. anyway.

global dos and don'ts
i'm looking for a few specific genres, but that being said, there's a few global things to keep in mind here for all the sites. and yes, i will take more private sites as well, if they fit. just make sure you read this and then ctrl + f to find the pokemon, panfandom, and other stuff.

-- jcink preferred, proboards accepted. i have a jcink bias (and premium is great) but if a good site is proboards, i won't hold it against it. no other hosts though please.

-- gentle activity standards. i have responsibilities, a life, and other sites outside of yours. so please, if your minimum standard for activity is stricter than 1 post per character per month, i am not a good fit for the site. the looser your standards, the better.

-- decent skin. no tiny fonts or super clashing colors or glitchy graphics. my eyes are old and bad and can't take it. plus y'know if i'm gonna be staring at a site, i at least want to like the skin.

-- no word count. i just don't want to have someone leaping down my throat for not posting enough words man. i'm not about that thug life.

-- no mixed faces. i can do animanga (and prefer it for most of these genres since this is an animanga resource community) and i can do real life. i just can't do both on the same board. it messes with me.

-- don't drop an ad and run. even if you're literally just going down and mentioning stuff i mentioned i wanted to see, it means a lot and says that you read this so. yeah.

-- inclusive site. i've seen so many sites be eager to post with newbies until they're actually approved. follow through on your interest man. it's just rude otherwise. especially on sites where if you aren't active in the cbox or discord, you get 0 plots.

-- no brand new / dying sites. i don't want something closing in .02 seconds after i join, so please be open at least a month or two (or have a somewhat solid base staff-wise and core-member-wise) and not be basically inactive so i'm not doing this all over again in a month.

-- if it's not something i'm looking for, please don't post. it annoys me when i see people ignoring what i'm looking for and posting anyway. so just. please don't do that. it's just rude and disrepectful, don't do it.

-- please don't. i have looked at the following sites previously and decided they aren't for me, so please do not advertise them here: event horizon, blood in my veins, to bitter endings, all you got, numoria, heartsigh, final fantasy: adventu, veritaserum, kismet divided, program: actuality, intoxicated with your scent.

pokemon
honestly this is the main one i'm looking for. and probably the one i'll be pickiest about. just because i've run and helped run pokesites for 4 years, so i tend to get super picky on systems.

-- pokemon training is a must. no mystery dungeon, no pokemon are illegal, no pokemon shifters with no actual pokemon. i want to catch pokemon and train them.

-- no limited / rarity lists. imo they just don't work, they just restrict things for latecomers. obviously legendaries can be banned or limited, i just don't want to see starters + eevees and the like on some super rare limited list. just let me have my charizard and espeon in peace.

-- game-esque journeys discouraged. the games are great, but honestly, i want to rp an actual kind of story, not just going through and beating gyms and earning badges and all that.

-- the less stats, the better. levels are fine. ish. i just don't want to micromanage stuff. i like progression and accomplishment, just not at the expense of making things more difficult for no reason.

-- "multiple teams". let me have my whole host of 'mon and switch them out in different threads, please, putting things in stone in a miniprofile is such a bad idea, omg.

-- gijinka are nice. sue me, i like having ears and tails and all that fun stuff. it's not required though.

-- want ads are also nice. i'm 99.9% sure no one is going to want me to bring back my old dragon tamer who wanted to burn the entire site down (and nearly succeeded twice) for kicks and giggles, so uh. i'm defs up for taking want ads.

panfandom
i'm really more looking to play a few specific characters here so. yeah.

-- animated focus. it goes with that no mixed faces thing. it bothers me to play, for example, actual mcu bucky barnes with seb stan against actual animated naruto.

-- no spirits or personified. please and thank.

-- not open to ocs. some are done well. most are not. my soul is just not here for the ones who are not.

-- final fantasy + pandora hearts accepted. i'd obviously prefer if i wasn't the only one for either, but as long as i wouldn't get hard stonewalled on these, i'll be okay.

-- the following must be open. sephiroth from final fantasy vii (specifically without him being absolutely insane) and the cheshire cat from pandora hearts.

-- bonus characters. if i can pick up mello from death note, felicia hardy from marvel comics, raven from dc comics, and/or damian al ghul from dc comics, that would also be great. maybe lucina from fire emblem: awakening and ernest nightray from pandora hearts, but let's just say it has been a very long time.

other stuff
i'm into a lot of other stuff, so you can try these, but honestly, unless your site is pretty gosh darn perfect, i'm not really super likely to join. sorry! these genres are: legend of zelda, final fantasy xiv, fire emblem, loveless (or other soulmate concepts), mmo concepts, digimon, harry potter. any specific stuff will be found in the following:

-- legend of zelda: race appearances. if you're super strict on hair and eye colorings and skin tones, just don't. i don't want to get denied just because i can't find the exact perfect gerudo face, if you feel me.

-- legend of zelda: game base. twilight princess preferred. anything else will probs need to be newbie friendly. i cannot play botw. it makes me sad.

-- final fantasy xiv: newbie-friendly. i haven't played the game in forever and it makes me sad. i miss it. but point being, if you rely heavily on being familiar with the verse, i won't be able to keep up.

-- fire emblem: game base. awakening style is good. fates or old gen styles are bad. mostly because i just haven't played them. original stuff is great though.

-- loveless: site pairings. you gotta be friendly to pairings across the board. boy on boy. girl on girl. girl on boy. boy on girl. lots of people all together. i don't want to get no plotting interest if i'm not doing a gay boy. i don't want to get hardcore harassed if i'm doing a straight boy.

-- mmo concepts: stats. stats are well and good, but if it's super complex or really just a bunch of grinding, i'm kind of out.

-- mmo concepts: .hack. i don't know what that is. please don't.

-- digimon: digivolution pricing. i'm fine with working towards stuff, just. i've been on a lot of sites where it takes forever and a day to unlock beyond rookie, and i'm just. not here for it.

-- digimon: partner selection. please be kind on how to get a partner you can tolerate. right out picking is great. randomizing from a shortened list is okay.

-- harry potter: site ages. i have only played exactly one student. please have a strong adult base or focus.
last edit on Aug 10, 2018 13:46:42 GMT by Kuroya

pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar

An original, alternate universe Pokemon site that's only been open for, at this time, 2 months or so. Big member base and activity as well. Story is pretty impacting by the Player Character's. Practically one event per month. Mm, we're not too strict.

• No real word count, except for catching and battling Pokemon to gain levels ( which is just a normal 300 word count ), and yes you can break it up if you don't wanna write 300 words in one go.
  • We're a statless site, well as long as you and your Partner agree to have a fair and fun battle. The battle system is in place so it can help determine a winner, but it's not mandatory to use. Victory just doesn't want anyone to feel cheated/use this as handicap for those who aren't too good at natural, freeform combat.
  • Along with that, we're always taking suggestions/improvements to better the site. No idea is ever denied/dumb.
  • Simple Application.

last edit on Aug 10, 2018 12:49:40 GMT by light
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

On user request. If you'd like it reopened for any reason, just PM a staff member