write a reply

How did you come up with your username(s)?

77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
Long long long long looooong ago in the world of Azeroth, I named a dwarf Dollar on impulse. I tried to roll over the name but it was taken everywhere, then I switched it up while keeping to the theme and also thinking of Johnny Cash...you know that cool country singer. And the rest is history.
pronounsShe/Her
44written posts
rafflesiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
rafflesia
rafflesia Avatar
Ahahaha so this one is a funny one.
My display name on here is actually a reference to my teenage internet moniker. I absolutely detest that name now, but back then it was all the rage to me. It had to do with Carrion flowers in general, and as I grew up, I became fascinated with stapelias and rafflesias, as well as the nemexia genus of carrion flowers. They were just so friggin cool to me that I absolutely felt the need to make one of them my name on here. It was between Rafflesia and Nemexia, but ultimately I chose rafflesia because I figured it would be easier to get photos of vileplume and rafflesia flowers than general nemexia ones, because rafflesias are more well known.

Also just to say it before anybody asks me, no I will not tell you my original teenage name, there are still some pieces of fanfiction up that I can't delete because I lost all of my old emails from when I was 13/14. As someone in their late 20's I think it's fair to want that stuff hidden from my life!
last edit on Oct 2, 2019 5:51:31 GMT by rafflesia
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
i had a picture of some windy dandelion image when i was creating my adoxogprahy account and voila i'm now breezes. very,,, very impulsive.

as for riieme... that's a long story that can be summarized as aph russia.
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
caeles is latin for 'dweller in heaven' > gods live up there > gods usually create things > & i create characters/stories/etc > so yeah

also it can be shortened to cae which rings cute imo ( & shares some similarities with my irl middle name )
last edit on Oct 16, 2019 16:24:43 GMT by cae
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
I like the color blue but Blue was too common of a moniker so I went with Cyan. 

current PP display name is because I love Claude, still want something to do with him for my pp account but wanted the ability to change my pictures too
pronounshe/him
86written posts
cryptidearned bits
offlinecurrently
cryptid
cryptid Avatar
kweh?
i struggle a lot with identifying myself with a name lmao kweh is the sound chocobos make and i started saying it a lot after playing final fantasy 15 so i just somehow ended up using it as a username when i couldn't think of what to call myself OTL
aliasrav, birb
pronounshe / they
418written posts
ravyn ⭑earned bits
offlinecurrently
ravyn ⭑
ravyn ⭑ Avatar
ravyn is actually my middle name, so i felt it safe to use while online! when i first waddled my way into the internet, it was during that time period where everything felt unsafe and names were sacred, so i went with something everyone in rl ever called me. i'm also really impartial to the fact that it's rather genderneutral since i tend to wane away from the normal spectrum. i relate v much to the black birds i'm named after, and will sometimes go by birb if i'm feeling adventurous on names, but i don't stray far from the winged friends.

i'm not actually sure when it happened, but without really noticing, people started calling me rav, which i adore honestly, and the way it's said varies, which makes me laugh bc i don't even know how to say my own nickname.
pronounsshe/her
138written posts
✿ honeybee ✿earned bits
offlinecurrently
✿ honeybee ✿
✿ honeybee ✿ Avatar
two trucks
my original username, cempazuchitl, is an alternate spelling of cempasuchitl. it's the nahuatl word for the flowers we use during día de muertos. no one knew how to pronounce it so i started going by paz, but younger me got mad because no one really knew how to pronounce that either so i changed it again.

i started going by bee a few years back because my friends said i reminded them of the character from bee and puppycat. i put honey in the front because i was afraid that if i went by bumblebee, i would be asked questions about transformers ;; i sometimes go by beebles (it sounds like beetles and beetles are super cute :0c ) and very rarely, moth (my friend saw one of those fuzzy moths and said "that you").

long story short if my friends have ever told me, "you remind me of..." the chances of me using it as a name in the past is very high. basically i love my friends a whole lot and that's just my identity now slkdfsl

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i can't believe i haven't come in here omg-

i was a gigantic nerd back when i first was getting into rp and i really loved vampire knight, which the manga novels have extended etymology for each character's name in the back based on the kanji used. mine was crafted from that - i pulled kuro which had a meaning of "black" and ya which had a meaning of "night." i went by it for a lot of years and it's stuck so long that i've just... kept it.

i've also gone by ace fairly often - which i picked originally because of the old snoopy comics for "world war ii flying ace" because i thought it was cute, though i also really liked the allusion back towards playing cards and towards being an expert. (i am not an expert. i just. am dumb okay.)

and then in the real life community, i've started going by kira (which is both a death note reference and a more "normal" name since a lot of people use common names in the rl community).

my other common name in the real life community is kiryu - and yes, it is drawn directly from vampire knight, after the character zero kiryu. i'm not sorry about it.

pronounsthey/them
127written posts
vvvaporwavesearned bits
offlinecurrently
vvvaporwaves
vvvaporwaves Avatar
[mitski voice] nobody nobody nobody nobody nobody

^ where jumpstart comes from.

my other alias (kope) comes from kopefully which is a mash up of hopefully and my irl name.
last edit on May 8, 2020 2:06:10 GMT by vvvaporwaves
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW