write a reply

RP Blues

28written posts
Vampire Roraearned bits
offlinecurrently
Vampire Rora
Vampire Rora Avatar
Hello darklings!

So as the months have went by I have noticed quite considerably that well my interest in anything rp related, they just don’t seem to matter anymore. Even the things that I would spend hours and hours working on or writing for characters, templates or even skins. Nothing seems to catch my interest or put me back in a sort of “mood” for role playing or even for any of the community stuff that I used to look forward to joining or being apart of. The last of my searches for a site to join where I thought my imagination and creativity would flourish in just don’t seem as interesting or as exciting as they used to be.

Have I hit my limit of acceptable role playing age?

Has anyone ever experienced this same feeling?

If so have you ever come out of the deep darkness?
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
MOOD AF. 

i don't think there's an age for rping specifically but i feel like interest change as u get older. only reason i still lurk around is when people from the rp community drag me back in ( u SOB). and it's not just the site / plot, even the posts and people just kind of don't click w/ u as much. i'm generally older then a lot of 'fresh' blood that i don't recognize and its harder for us to relate about certain things. some of the things i like to rp out is a 180 to what they want etc. 

i come out every once in a blue moon but it depends if i can find a place i can florish at. i LOVE grimdark, hardcore, gritty literal shit. u can MISS me w/ that nakama power shit but ik other people appreciate SOL stuff and more power to them. i mean, i like my fluff and shit but the type of relationships and SOL stuff i want is more used to what u find in live action shows then anime which is where a lot of the animanga community takes their threads. 

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
1000000000000000000000000000000000%

I just want realistic grim stuff that explores deeper themes that we can address that goes somewhere and really makes you question your character's morality. I'm already happy af IRL i don't need to rp that shiiiiiiiiit.

Well, if you're in need of some dark shit I'm trying to pull something like that on the two sites I'm at so HMU.
pronounsShe/Her
50written posts
JDearned bits
offlinecurrently
JD
JD Avatar
Vampire Rora Avatar
Hello darklings!

So as the months have went by I have noticed quite considerably that well my interest in anything rp related, they just don’t seem to matter anymore. Even the things that I would spend hours and hours working on or writing for characters, templates or even skins. Nothing seems to catch my interest or put me back in a sort of “mood” for role playing or even for any of the community stuff that I used to look forward to joining or being apart of. The last of my searches for a site to join where I thought my imagination and creativity would flourish in just don’t seem as interesting or as exciting as they used to be.

Have I hit my limit of acceptable role playing age?

Has anyone ever experienced this same feeling?

If so have you ever come out of the deep darkness?

I would definitely say the same thing as above about interests changing. I think sometimes you can get so comfortable in rping that it then becomes boring, if that makes sense? Going for something new and different can help with that. Sometimes I go back to nostalgic stuff and rp HP or something or I dive in to something completely outside my comfort zone and entirely new...

Another thing to consider is... is it really *every* element of rping that you're unmotivated by or is it one element that is intruding on everything else? Because therein may lie to answer to getting your groove back :D
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
Hey Rora! Long time no see.

Anyway, I feel similar. Rping doesn't feel the same for me anymore like it did when I was younger. I think anyone can rp regardless of age but most people naturally end up growing out of things they used to enjoy when they were younger for whatever reason. Plus as you get older, you just come into things that take precedence over a hobby.

My own interest in rping in general has been declining as the years pass. I've even talked about this very subject with a friend awhile back and how I feel like I'm getting closer to just being done with it all together.

I do like making characters, I do like thinking up of plots and seeing where it goes, but it gets harder to keep up the same energy at times when you get older. I think it's especially worse for the rping community to keep it as a hobby because these types of things require a lot of build-up and then real life gets in the way and suddenly you, or your rp partner can't post as often as you'd like. And when someone can post, the other person might now be in a situation where they can't post for awhile which can really kill interest in continuing plots if you aren't close with the person.

Compare it to something like drawing or writing fanfics where you can stop anytime you want and easily pick it back up again. Rping just doesn't have that luxury, which is another reason why I find myself slowly getting disinterested in picking it back up whenever I go on a hiatus. I may have strong interest in something now, but I know that I may not feel the same in a few months which prevents me from joining sites all together. I don't want to leave people hanging.

But what makes me come back each time is nostalgia. I miss that feeling I had when I was younger. I want to experience the same fun I had but again, it's just harder because now that I'm older. To me, rping is like that one friend in high school. You like the person. You have great memories with the person. So, you decide to catch up with them after a while but then find out you just don't have that same "click" anymore. So now, do you try and find a way to relate to the person and rekindle the relationship or is it just easier to move on to focus on someone else you click with a lot more?

Sorry for the ramble but I have a lot of thoughts on this and just wanted to get it out.
28written posts
Vampire Roraearned bits
offlinecurrently
Vampire Rora
Vampire Rora Avatar
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
Hey Rora! Long time no see.

Anyway, I feel similar. Rping doesn't feel the same for me anymore like it did when I was younger. I think anyone can rp regardless of age but most people naturally end up growing out of things they used to enjoy when they were younger for whatever reason. Plus as you get older, you just come into things that take precedence over a hobby.

My own interest in rping in general has been declining as the years pass. I've even talked about this very subject with a friend awhile back and how I feel like I'm getting closer to just being done with it all together.

I do like making characters, I do like thinking up of plots and seeing where it goes, but it gets harder to keep up the same energy at times when you get older. I think it's especially worse for the rping community to keep it as a hobby because these types of things require a lot of build-up and then real life gets in the way and suddenly you, or your rp partner can't post as often as you'd like. And when someone can post, the other person might now be in a situation where they can't post for awhile which can really kill interest in continuing plots if you aren't close with the person.

Compare it to something like drawing or writing fanfics where you can stop anytime you want and easily pick it back up again. Rping just doesn't have that luxury, which is another reason why I find myself slowly getting disinterested in picking it back up whenever I go on a hiatus. I may have strong interest in something now, but I know that I may not feel the same in a few months which prevents me from joining sites all together. I don't want to leave people hanging.

But what makes me come back each time is nostalgia. I miss that feeling I had when I was younger. I want to experience the same fun I had but again, it's just harder because now that I'm older. To me, rping is like that one friend in high school. You like the person. You have great memories with the person. So, you decide to catch up with them after a while but then find out you just don't have that same "click" anymore. So now, do you try and find a way to relate to the person and rekindle the relationship or is it just easier to move on to focus on someone else you click with a lot more?

Sorry for the ramble but I have a lot of thoughts on this and just wanted to get it out.
HI BBY

it's like your in my head because this is exactly how i feel, i find a site that i might want to join and then see myself going " ok ... will i get bored or will i not be able to connect with anyone and end up just being by myself" which i think has to do with the fact that I'm older and i can handle more daunting subjects, i don't get offended  by alot of stuff and i don't let alot of this new age terminology or actions define or play a part in my actions. which i have found tends to bother alot of people and then i end up with a group of people shutting me out because I'm not sensitive  enough about a subject even thought they completely asked for the opposite reaction.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW