aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,543written posts
offlinecurrently
retired main character
Part of the Furniture
retired main character Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
Reddit is actually my fav place for my interests. Making friends with a older and younger bro tag lover asking for brother reccs and i came to their rescue a year later

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
eepy cosy
aliasmae
pronounsthey/he
1,576written posts
M A E !earned bits
offlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
because even my darkness will shine brightly.
i realized a while back that i've probably been in a fluctuating state of adhd burnout for nearly a decade and that i should probably take better care of myself to Actually Recover instead of throwing myself into new things to patch it up and then crash out even harder later time and time again but also lol i can't imagine caring enough about myself to do all that yet tbh
aliasravyn, ori
pronounshe / they
421written posts
rav⭑earned bits
offlinecurrently
rav⭑
rav⭑ Avatar
M A E ! Avatar
i realized a while back that i've probably been in a fluctuating state of adhd burnout for nearly a decade and that i should probably take better care of myself to Actually Recover instead of throwing myself into new things to patch it up and then crash out even harder later time and time again but also lol i can't imagine caring enough about myself to do all that yet tbh

okay but what if i cared about you enough to help you with your burnout??? ever think of that??? :/
(ilu mae)
pronounsAny
576written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
merri Avatar
traveller Avatar
Man, I haven't had this much fun in months. Should've given Genshin a chance way earlier; I feel a little sad that all these NPCs in Liyue reference Fontaine, Sumeru, Inazuma and I know I can just pop on over and visit those locations rather than spend weeks fantasising about what the places could be like.

Ah well.

I somehow managed to remain almost entirely unspoiled (I know Fontaine has some court thingermajig, Nahida has something to do with memories, Scaramouche is an evil dude who has something to do with a gnosis), so it's been a lot of fun. Just arrived at Inazuma, and although I pulled Kaedehara because he looked cute, I don't really like his in-game portrayal as some flawless beacon of amazing.
Inazuma had so much potential from a writing POV, but it suffers from just what you pointed out. When I sit and think about many of the main Inazuma characters, a good majority suffer from being "all-knowing" and "flawless".

Yae Miko being my main gripe for this. I might be one of the few who genuinely doesn't like her.

In terms of writing, I feel like Fontaine has some of the strongest writing for characters as well as story.

It is nice to hear you're having so much fun, though!!!! Genshin just turned 4 years old today and has gotten a lot of flak (both necessary and kinda unnecessary), so it's such a breath of fresh air to hear someone getting into it and liking it. The music is some of my favorite video game music. Yu Peng Chen knew what he was doing before he moved on.
This was actually a problem even back when the game started in Mond tbh. If you even look at Diluc's flavor text as an example it says he's "unmatched in every way." I don't think the character writing improves out of everyone being just token good at things until part way through Sumeru and into Fontaine.
last edit on Sept 29, 2024 7:52:24 GMT by 𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW