Post by wolfe on Feb 2, 2019 23:22:58 GMT
Site Name: The Remnant Project
Site Link: remnantproject.proboards.com/
Beginner's Guide: remnantproject.proboards.com/thread/3/beginners-guide
Software or Format: ProBoards
Category Preference: Fandom, Fantasy.
The Remnant Project is set twenty-eight years after the Great War in an AU timeline and is focused primarily on the struggle between Council forces and the so-called "Revolutionary League" in a brewing civil war. The site has a progression system that is designed to last through years of user play, and will attempt to deliver on the fantasy of starting off weak and progressing into a legitimate hero with a list of significant accomplishments worthy of someone with that title by way of giving people clear ways to enact change in the world and site events that will change the setting in both big and small ways over time.
• A world that your characters change through periodic events that unlock new abilities, areas, and technology for your faction upon successful completion.
• Post-Great War AU in the Kingdom of Mistral with a rebellion plot inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem: Three Houses that diverges so far from canon that no RWBY knowledge is required to play.
• Long term progression system designed to provide enough character upgrades to last years of OOC time, designed with exponential experience costs and gradual power curve so that even the front-runners are never untouchable.
• Points of Light type world with sparse human settlements in the vast wilderness resisting every day the periodic hordes of monsters, or Grimm, that are attracted to negative emotion.
• The ability to carve out your own role through the canon position claims, where you pitch what you want to do and what responsibilities/authority you want and then you're given the ball to go run with it and create stories.
• Bonus in experience for your first character, to allow you to have a shot in the arm at the beginning to give you some more options in character creation.