write a reply

favorite video games?

pronounsshe/her
151written posts
shanimalearned bits
offlinecurrently
shanimal
shanimal Avatar
of course i am for peace, of course i am for peace. one that suits me.
kingdom hearts. i live, eat, breathe this series. it’s dumb. it’s stupid. it’s campy. it has all my favorite tropes rolled into one. aqua kingdomhearts and her dumb husband terra kingdomhearts are two of my favorite characters of all time. i could go on but we’d be here a while. anyway i love this dumb disney/square enix crossover fan fiction with all of my being and i never want off tetsuya nomura’s wild ride.

pokemon. the main series and the spinoffs (especially mystery dungeon) gen 2 is my favorite (to the surprise of no one on EH if you peep my legendary choices) but i also really enjoy gen 3 and gen 5. i used to play competitively and will still fight you online for one corn chip, but nowadays i mostly shiny and other special pokemon requests for friends instead of breeding an army of 31 IV killing machines. crystal is special to me because it was the first rpg i had where i was able to be a girl, it felt like my game and not just me borrowing my brother’s.

fire emblem. they all have vaguely the same plot (you gotta kill an ancient evil dragon with the dragon killing sword) and yet each one i have played floors me in a different way. awakening was my first one but i have since gone back and played others— fe7 and SoV are my faves. think i just like stories where i can play routes of multiple characters /vague gesturing at kh:bbs

persona. mostly 5 and 3 but i like 4 well enough! sae niijima please open your dms. honestly these games look so good, p5 in particular, and each manages to hit strong emotional beats. i don’t think i ever recall being frustrated while playing p5 (p3’s AI is... another story) which is huge because i tend to be able to find something to nitpick.

ace attorney. particularly AA3, but i love all entries in this series. i love myself some good puzzles and i am ema skye irl. there’s not much i feel like i can go into detail here because i think it should remain unspoiled but phoenix is a gem, miles is everything you could want in a video game rival/boyfriend, and all the girl sidekicks are cute.

other honorable mentions include bayonetta, spyro, final fantasy, and animal crossing.

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Borderlands is probably my favorite game, I have a lot of games I like and love to play but I can replay Borderlands a million times and still have fun! The Pre-Sequel is probably my favorite in the main game series, with Tales being the all time favorite piece of Borderlands content out there. I've been going to school for game development and concept art so I can try and get in at Gearbox, their main HQ is right here in my state about an hour from where I live! I could go on and on and on about Borderlands, the humor and characters and plots and style and setting are all SO GOOD. But this post would be 2000 words if I went into everything I love. Borderlands is my favorite game though!

I also love: Okami, Kingdom Hearts, TLoz series, Spyro the Dragon, DRAGON AGE, Skyrim....I like things like the Sims and such too.
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
i love video games but im SO BAD at actually playing them and sticking with them.

etrian odyssey im a huge fan of grinding, rpg, and customizing characters and etrian gives me so much freedom in those regards. it's one of my all time favorite game series

harvest moon/story of seasons/rune factory a childhood favorite i've never let go of. i've played so many of them but i rarely ever get past year one lmao

my time at portia & stardew valley they're just relaxing idk even.

monster hunter i broke my right wrist a few years ago and my roommate would play this with me since all i could really play was my ds and i've just been very attached to th eseries ever since

league of legends get me out of here it's the only game i've ever consistently stuck with over the years

some other honorable mentions are the pokemon series, shin megami games, dragon age series, and the fire emblem series following fate. my thing about games is i really enjoy being able to customize my characters to my own liking.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW