write a reply

Sites You Want To See

pronounsShe/Her
49written posts
rileycooperearned bits
offlinecurrently
rileycooper
rileycooper Avatar
Okay, hear me out. Maybe it's just my own nostalgia for a simpler time shining through but... A Spyro the Dragon rp. Where the Purple Dragon is an npc so people don't fight over it, each city having elemental guardians, and you can play whatever creature you might find in the dragon realms, including fairies, witches, cheetah hunters, dragonflies, and more.
238written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
If only there's a panfandom that...

1.) Doesn't involve an isekai-esque premise; I.e. Rather than being spirited away from their native realms, characters are to be reimagined as organically existing within this setting.

2.) Allows canon and original concepts.

3.) Is open-ended enough that almost any fandom or concept can be done within reason, but with just enough mechanics and rules in place to curtail godmoding and/or power creep. (I.e. the tendency for long-running action adventure stories to keep escalating in power level, often to ridiculous degrees)

Oh wait, I think that sounds like I'm clamouring for the return of Hyakuji High School. Or at least, a spiritual successor to it. XD
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,495written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
The Law Avatar

1.) Doesn't involve an isekai-esque premise; I.e. Rather than being spirited away from their native realms, characters are to be reimagined as organically existing within this setting.

3.) Is open-ended enough that almost any fandom or concept can be done within reason, but with just enough mechanics and rules in place to curtail godmoding and/or power creep. (I.e. the tendency for long-running action adventure stories to keep escalating in power level, often to ridiculous degrees)

Oh wait, I think that sounds like I'm clamouring for the return of Hyakuji High School. Or at least, a spiritual successor to it. XD

Uuuuuuugh, though, hard seconding all of this. I just want something like Cryptic Truth to come back. I don't mind if there's isekai-elements, personally, (although I also like when characters who can be incorporated into the setting naturally are allowed to be... well, incorporated naturally - slice of life canons, for example, don't really need to be worm-holed into a modern setting) I just want a site where people can play anything and everything.
last edit on Aug 3, 2021 18:31:59 GMT by pharaoh leap

19written posts
aruearned bits
offlinecurrently
aru
aru Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
The Law Avatar

Uuuuuuugh, though, hard seconding all of this. I just want something like Cryptic Truth to come back. I don't mind if there's isekai-elements, personally, (although I also like when characters who can be incorporated into the setting naturally are allowed to be... well, incorporated naturally - slice of life canons, for example, don't really need to be worm-holed into a modern setting) I just want a site where people can play anything and everything.

Just thinking, would Crepusculum would suit your needs? It is unfortunately isekai, but it does allow for orgiinal concepts and is designed to allow canons from all walks of life to work well. Events aren't geared towards powers most of the time, but to teamwork, and powers aren't nerfed without reason. The world expans and grows due to character-interaction, so just about anything can fit (but it is still new ofc, and I am biased being the creator and plot developer-- but aside from the isekai it fits the bill more I think?)
pronounshe/him
724written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
aru Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
Just thinking, would Crepusculum would suit your needs? It is unfortunately isekai, but it does allow for orgiinal concepts and is designed to allow canons from all walks of life to work well. Events aren't geared towards powers most of the time, but to teamwork, and powers aren't nerfed without reason. The world expans and grows due to character-interaction, so just about anything can fit (but it is still new ofc, and I am biased being the creator and plot developer-- but aside from the isekai it fits the bill more I think?)
while kinda what i'd be looking for, limiting it to one OC with no fandom OCs allowed is a dealbreaker for me.

so i'mma third whatever the law is looking for. i just want a home for all my warcraft characters without actually having to acknowledge wow's canon.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
There are so many genres, fandoms and just plots that I wanna make but don't have time to make so many sites... I am thinking a general site with the ability for people to make their own smaller rps would be fun... Let them have their own subboards for different genres... Idk I think it'd be fun~ only ooc accounts, and people can make as many things as they want... Hmm~

coming soon.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
There are so many genres, fandoms and just plots that I wanna make but don't have time to make so many sites... I am thinking a general site with the ability for people to make their own smaller rps would be fun... Let them have their own subboards for different genres... Idk I think it'd be fun~ only ooc accounts, and people can make as many things as they want... Hmm~

a sandbox site. what you want is an actual functional + feasible sandbox site.

which. shiva please i'm begging you, give me a functional + feasible animanga sandbox site-

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
honestly i wouldn't mind a animanga panfandom site based (influenced, partially based? idk how to word this) on heroes of the storm (or you can say kingdom hearts as well since most are familiar with that). cause i think it be a cool idea where there's a central hub location that leads to other realms, kinda like a train station or small town. these realms are canon fandom locations (or even original ones that the site/members make) and characters can come/go into those worlds. the idea is simplistic but sometimes i just want a simple rp site.
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Kuroya Avatar
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
a sandbox site. what you want is an actual functional + feasible sandbox site.

which. shiva please i'm begging you, give me a functional + feasible animanga sandbox site-

Ah! I knew there was a name for it. Yessss a sandbox site. The idea is growing on me more and more. I have ideas about how it could go smoothly~

coming soon.
The Schediest of All
aliasSche
pronounsShe/her
88written posts
Codingwayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Codingway
Codingway Avatar
She'll tell you a fairy tale, or maybe she'll show your fate....
Another thing we need. While I seen it a few times I think we definitely need more panfans who are OC (original lore, fan character or custom protag) friendly.