offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
pharaoh leap Avatar
Mouse Avatar
Control / SCP-inspired
I dunno how this would translate into RP, but I am SO down.

Well you could have a majority of the plot be centralized in one location. Such as the city your Federal Bureau of Control or SCP Foundation main headquarters is located. With a few boards set aside for doing mission outside of the city.

You lean a bit more into Control than SCP. You could have people bonding with Objects of Power that give them special abilities.

I definitely think it's an awesome premise a site.
last edit on Aug 31, 2019 5:30:28 GMT by Mouse
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Mouse Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
I dunno how this would translate into RP, but I am SO down.
Well you could have a majority of the plot be centralized in one location. Such as the city your Federal Bureau of Control or SCP Foundation main headquarters is located. With a few boards set aside for doing mission outside of city.

You lean a bit more into Control than SCP. You could have people bonding with Objects of Power that give them special abilities.

Oooooh, gotcha. I was thinking more... containment breach-type stuff, but there's so much anonymity of the Foundation itself that trying to RP characters working within it seemed a little difficult - either because it would be too confusing to RP in an organization that's kept vague for the mystery and uncertainty, or you lose a lot of that fancy mystery when trying to explain how things work well enough for members to properly RP in those roles.

I'm not familiar with Control at all, but I do like the idea of an RP set in a town next to a Foundation site - something kinda like Stranger Things, honestly, where you have the unsuspecting town, and unfathomable monsters escaping from a government-controlled facility into the wild/population. Could stir up a lot of drama with the amnesia-inductions or necessary deaths that people don't even remember after an incident is correctly "contained".
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
Mouse Avatar
Well you could have a majority of the plot be centralized in one location. Such as the city your Federal Bureau of Control or SCP Foundation main headquarters is located. With a few boards set aside for doing mission outside of city.

Oooooh, gotcha. I was thinking more... containment breach-type stuff, but there's so much anonymity of the Foundation itself that trying to RP characters working within it seemed a little difficult - either because it would be too confusing to RP in an organization that's kept vague for the mystery and uncertainty, or you lose a lot of that fancy mystery when trying to explain how things work well enough for members to properly RP in those roles.

I'm not familiar with Control at all, but I do like the idea of an RP set in a town next to a Foundation site - something kinda like Stranger Things, honestly, where you have the unsuspecting town, and unfathomable monsters escaping from a government-controlled facility into the wild/population. Could stir up a lot of drama with the amnesia-inductions or necessary deaths that people don't even remember after an incident is correctly "contained".

Maybe a lot could be focus on the facility and things getting out. While other parts are focus on the town they're based closest to? How this town has the oddest of things and online community considers the town full of insane ppl? Then there be the two organizations against each other? I don't know maybe whoever builds, runs the site researches all the different branches and approaches to the various types? Then makes final calls how to run the site? Be awesome if the bios are actually files from one of the organization branches. Could be private threads/bios to keep mystery.. and certain roles be assigned so only certain ppl work together to keep even more mystery. Though head staff have to know the truth that 1 poor soul.

--throwing this out here my boyfriend read a lot of their content... From the early days I think he fell behind a bit recent though. ((Ginger only read one or two things her friends suggested when she held a scp event))

Added: the thing about the missions and getting things be pretty cool. maybe if you're a soldier or new character you could play in set up capture events? Or scp thing you can get captured after bio accepted like an acceptance event.
last edit on Sept 1, 2019 1:06:07 GMT by Ginger
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
pharaoh leap Avatar
Mouse Avatar

Yoooooooo I’m 100% down for this! This is like my jam, my main squeeze, my kink!

Also I feel like I should mention this, but the entire state of Massachusetts is an scp. www.scp-wiki.net/scp-4006 sooooo if there’s anywhere to make for a setting for a scp type rp then why not an scp. -lenny face-
41written posts
mintyearned bits
offlinecurrently
minty
minty Avatar
light Avatar
i finally understand and am caught up on danmachi.
now i wanna go fight in dungeons with a squad and beat up another familia/guild.

but yeah where's my fire force or faction based demon slayer site, pls.

a demon slayer site where you can also rp as the demons would be my jam
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,103written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
minty Avatar
light Avatar
i finally understand and am caught up on danmachi.
now i wanna go fight in dungeons with a squad and beat up another familia/guild.

but yeah where's my fire force or faction based demon slayer site, pls.

a demon slayer site where you can also rp as the demons would be my jam

hell yeah, faction based that shit up.
let me be an upper moon demon and behead a hashira, see how they like it

Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/she
982written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
gimme a site in which people/souls/creatures are pulled from various places in the multiverse into some kind of fantasy world or something, but more importantly: a site like this that allows OCs (because p much all sites with a concept like this are panfan sites and panfan is not my cup of tea :c)

tbh I just want a place to RP my Aether Eternius fan characters :')
last edit on Sept 5, 2019 15:04:38 GMT by Mari
pronounshe/him
8written posts
sadsodaearned bits
offlinecurrently
sadsoda
sadsoda Avatar
So I would LOVE to see a Steven Universe site especially with the hype with the new movie.

I have a few ideas for setting/plot:

• Pre Gem War
  • Gem War 
  • Post Gem War (current setting after the movie)

and finally an alternate universe // something original

pull an atla: lok and set it idk a couple hundred years in the future and the following happens

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE: THE MOVIE

Exposition

Little Home World (LHW) has grown into a New Republic kinda city, fusing with Beach City. It is a futuristic city of gem tech and human architecture with Gems and Humans living in harmony, as well as part human/gems.

These beings are formed by Gems and Humans who fell in love created “Bijou”, what Steven Universe was. Following in the footsteps of Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond, a Gem will give up their embodiment, “soul”, “consciousness”, or what most commonly referrer to as their “light” to give birth to a half human/gem. These Bijou are more powerful than their original Gem as they can grow and may choose an age to stop organically growing, essentially becoming immortal so long as their gem is intact; however those that have children or loved ones may choose to pass on their gemstone/light as to not outlive them. This creates a cycle of reincarnation, in the sense that all Bijou can access memories, feelings, or thoughts of those that came before all the way back to the original Gem who gave up their form - with proper training, or sometimes through dreams or meditation. (similar to atla avatars connection with past lives)

“Hijou” is the name given to any descendants of Bijou that do not have a Gem in their being. These are children of Bijou who did not pass on their gemstone/light and outlive their children. While not immortal or no where near as powerful as their ancestral Bijou, all Hijou have the ability to bubble and use gem only tech (ie warp pads must be activated by a gem). Many Hijou form “jewels”, or clans/houses, with their brethren and more often than not are ruled by their original Bijou. Yet, there are Hijou who resent the Bijou they are from descended from.

The Crystal Council rules as the governing body of LHW and is comprised of four elected leaders from the Human, Gem, Bijou, and Hijou populations as well as one of the original Crystal Gems who presides as Head Speaker. The city is fairly segregated with a clear cut upper/downtown system based on the proximity to the central warp pad and Beach City. Those closer tend to the warp pad tend to be Gems or Bijou while those apart of the Beach City district are mostly Humans followed by Bijou, and Hijou. True segregation appears in the slums, or what locals call the “Pebble of LHW”. Here, Hijou and Humans who resent Gems/Bijou make their home.

Within the United States, LHW is considered a district, similar to Washington D.C. and can be found on the east coast alongside Empire City, and Wilmington, and Charm City to name a few. Many nations on Earth have come to accept these aliens who have been on their planet for thousands of years as peaceful settlers. Though, there are Humans that see them as the ruthless invaders and conquerers of the past. These Humans have formed the HHOA, or Humans & Hijou Only Alliance; an organization committed to sending Gems and Bijou back to space. The HHOA employs bitter Hijou to act as assassins and top agents of sorts, as they are capable of using gem tech and bubbling poof'd gems.

Simultaneously, there are ancient aristocratical Gems on Homeworld who think things should return to the era before Steven Universe. A revolt is brewing on Homeworld led by none other than Jasper with the support of these powerful militant gems. She seeks to create a new diamond, one with the sole intent of conquering and spreading their perfect empire: Red Diamond.

Plot

The major story lines would be the raising tensions between the HHOA and Crystal Council and the stirring revolt on Homeworld. There is plenty of opportunity outside of those options as well! Such as the warring "Jewels" (gangs) within LHW led by various Bijou who seek a position on the Council, slice of life drama within the city, or even alternate factions arising on Earth or Homeworld.

So yeah, I would love to see any kind of SU site but I just had this idea for an AU. /shrug

pronounshe/him
154written posts
Razearned bits
offlinecurrently
Raz
Raz Avatar
PHIMBO Avatar
light Avatar
hell yeah, faction based that shit up.
let me be an upper moon demon and behead a hashira, see how they like it

hashira [whines] they're called pillars

goddamn crunchyroll subs i hate them

team upper moon tho

tbh tho i'd like to see how the pillars/demon corps will be structured for rp... considering the canon material is super rigid and would likely require some original twist.

theyre the direct translation of pillars in japanese