unless there're vampires ig then magic is okay
last edit on Mar 31, 2021 18:44:53 GMT by cae
26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar
The Law Avatar
How would a wuxia dark fantasy set in Imperial China (during the Ming Dynasty to be exact) sound?

The high concept of this RP is that at the height of its power, the Ming Empire has extended its borders beyond the reaches of the then-known civilisation; but this also brings humanity into contact with all manner of weird (and often dangerous) creatures that live in places that previously no humans have treaded in. In order to deal with the monster threat at the fringes of the Ming Empire, the emperor ordered the establishment of a secret ministry in the Imperial government, whose agents are specifically tasked at finding and exterminating monsters that threaten the Ming Empire.

The catch, though? The monsters in this setting are closer to cryptids than actual monsters - meaning that they are more biological anomalies and freaks of nature rather than outright supernatural. The primary influence behind this is the Detective Dee film series, where the protagonist investigates seemingly supernatural mysteries that all turn out to have perfectly natural (if anomalous) explanations behind them.

Or basically, it's a world where superstitions and mystical mumbo-jumbo won't stop the demons; only steel and gunpowder and martial training can.

this sounds super interesting! I love any rp that's imperial china or feudal japan inspired! plus martial arts? dark fantasy? yes!
aliasBunny
pronounsThey/Them/Their
151written posts
★BUNNY★earned bits
offlinecurrently
★BUNNY★
★BUNNY★ Avatar
dreams Avatar

can we...

do a japanese feudal fantasy setting... with magical girls and boys, based on Japanese/Greek gods?

or maybe just an inuyasha rp???

This bunny gets to play a villainess that has Persephone as a motif, yes?

Then yes! Definitely yes! 0_0
pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
yumyums Avatar
Guh. Now I want a talking dragon site again.
probably not 100% what you're after but i hold out pern as a whole because like we have The Telepathic Dragons.

(if u've never read the books, don't worry, neither has anyone at Ramora.)

Though I don't think any sites but The Peacekeeper's Age accept animanga FCs. Maybe Final Chance Weyr? On Ramora, our rule is that the art has to be free-to-use (picrews count), commissioned or pay-to-use, or your own personal art. So that might be a dealbreaker.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
306written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
here be lions.
a "omniscient reader's viewpoint" inspired rp. modern-day apocalypse where "incarnations" (humanity) are put into "scenarios" (events with high stakes, usually death) with monsters, traps, and human vs human craziness, all for the viewing pleasure of "constellations" (gods/demons) through "star stream". or, basically, an apocalyptical setting with death games created by evil gremlins for the entertainment of divine beings through a celestial twitch livestream service. (it makes more sense if you read the webtoon or the web novel ngl)
last edit on Apr 7, 2021 17:33:26 GMT by Galeforce
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i've said it before but i'll say it again

canon-divergent arknights site with canons + ocs both playable, with the site oriented around being a rhodes island operator and doing missions + events periodically to tell each faction's story (y'know, a lil like the current event structure but also with a mission dynamic too)

aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
548written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
still asking for a his dark materials site, or something that echoes that vibe.
i really just want a capybara as my daemon and so does my character ok
932written posts
gimmickearned bits
offlinecurrently
gimmick
Part of the Furniture
gimmick Avatar
All birds and men are sure to die but songs may live forever
I never know what I’m looking for until I find it, but the interest is immediate if I do. Small if though

Edit: Not modern. I’ve had enough modern from daily life
last edit on Apr 17, 2021 4:49:47 GMT by gimmick
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
i am once again hoping for a sandbox site in a big ol' city.
let me write my stupid necromancer alongside someone's time-traveling norse god ty ty ty
pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
cae Avatar
i am once again hoping for a sandbox site in a big ol' city.
let me write my stupid necromancer alongside someone's time-traveling norse god ty ty ty
this sounds actually really fun tbh.

especially if it's minimum-app or no-app.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me