NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
myth Avatar
siel Avatar
i always wanted to do a Majora's Mask style RP where you play out a fictional town as the moon comes closer and closer to crashing into it. that game is just so heavy with the existential dread and i love it. like imagine the whole community deciding how/where their characters die when it happens? plus exploring leading up to an apocalypse vs. post-apocalypse feels kinda refreshing lol

but yes i am surprised there aren't more zelda RPs. each game has such fun and simple world building.
I'm always interested in Zelda RPs. Even more so after playing TOTK nonstop since release lol

I've been working on an invite-only/private Skyward Sword/BoTW/Spirit Tracks kinda AU thing. If you'd like, I can invite y'all when I get it closer to being completely set up. And maybe someday open it to the public... But I have specific ideas and canon roles that are interconnected so I thought it'd be better as a small thing. xD

coming soon.
210written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
yes i'd be interested! i just finished skyward sword and loved it (it's such an emotional, romantic game, no one warned me!!). curious how you combine those worlds in your AU!

i'd also love a witch hat atelier RP! the anime is coming out soon, i wonder if that would drum up more interest? apart from the gorgeous art and world building, there are a few angles to RP from, so i wonder what a site would choose to focus on:

- the slice-of-life RP of learning to draw glyphs for low-grade magic and traveling with your mentor to help people, interacting with other classes from the central school (the underwater tower, i'm forgetting the name lol)
- the dramatic, large-scale secret that magic is usable by all but hoarded by the few/privileged (i think you'd need a decent amount of players playing commoners to drive home this tension)
- the political intrigue between the 'rebel' and 'orderly' witch factions. i like how the rebel faction in WHA isn't a simple evil, for example they want to use healing magic again but it's forbidden, creating a fun moral quandary to RP with.

not that it'd need it, but i wonder how a WHA RP would incorporate the glyph-based magic system in combat. it'd be pretty funny if you actually had players draw and post their glyphs in combat threads. like actually come up with their own designs to invent spells like Coco and her friends do in the story. i doubt it would be easy to manage but i'd unironically love that
last edit on Jun 9, 2023 23:44:46 GMT by siel
40written posts
mythearned bits
offlinecurrently
myth
myth Avatar
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
myth Avatar
I'm always interested in Zelda RPs. Even more so after playing TOTK nonstop since release lol

I've been working on an invite-only/private Skyward Sword/BoTW/Spirit Tracks kinda AU thing. If you'd like, I can invite y'all when I get it closer to being completely set up. And maybe someday open it to the public... But I have specific ideas and canon roles that are interconnected so I thought it'd be better as a small thing. xD

Sounds good to me! 
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.

If you'd like to know more, or maybe even wanna help out/spitball ideas/get me motivated then feel free to reach out to me on Discord!
New username should be @ nightbloom. o: I don't have the numbers anymore RIP

coming soon.
pronounsshe/hers
71written posts
ireneearned bits
offlinecurrently
irene
irene Avatar
siel Avatar
yes i'd be interested! i just finished skyward sword and loved it (it's such an emotional, romantic game, no one warned me!!). curious how you combine those worlds in your AU!

i'd also love a witch hat atelier RP! the anime is coming out soon, i wonder if that would drum up more interest? apart from the gorgeous art and world building, there are a few angles to RP from, so i wonder what a site would choose to focus on:

- the slice-of-life RP of learning to draw glyphs for low-grade magic and traveling with your mentor to help people, interacting with other classes from the central school (the underwater tower, i'm forgetting the name lol)
- the dramatic, large-scale secret that magic is usable by all but hoarded by the few/privileged (i think you'd need a decent amount of players playing commoners to drive home this tension)
- the political intrigue between the 'rebel' and 'orderly' witch factions. i like how the rebel faction in WHA isn't a simple evil, for example they want to use healing magic again but it's forbidden, creating a fun moral quandary to RP with.

not that it'd need it, but i wonder how a WHA RP would incorporate the glyph-based magic system in combat. it'd be pretty funny if you actually had players draw and post their glyphs in combat threads. like actually come up with their own designs to invent spells like Coco and her friends do in the story. i doubt it would be easy to manage but i'd unironically love that

wait... DRAWING glyphs for rp? ok YOUR MIND!!!!! that sounds kinda slay actually
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
I've an urge to make a Dissidia-like Panfandom where heroes and villains are non-stop battling but it's also not too serious and death is enabled BUT instant revival. So like Cloud is just chillin getting a coffee and Sephiroth comes in and they battle, then casually they both go back to their own business.

Idk I just have an itch to play certain canons but I don't see a Panfandom where they'd be just. Chill to play.

coming soon.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
721written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i've always thought something based on the highlander franchise had the potential for a really fun roleplay. certain people, if they die an unnatural death, come back as an immortal; and must fight each other in something only known as "the game" until there is only one one immortal left. whenever an immortal kills another, they absorb basically all of their life energy. so they gain all their memories, their skills, and occasionally, facets of their personality (as you do not get to choose, it just kinda happens to you). the concept is simple, but the plot would never end, as new immortals are born all the time.