write a reply

A World Class Whammy

28written posts
Whammychuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Whammychu
Whammychu Avatar
Almost didn't see the Intro Board.

Anyway, the name is Whammy. The 'Chu is a more recent addition as I've long been using a Pikachu avatar among my friends and, well, now 'Chu just came part of the nickname.

I've been roleplaying for at least a decade now I believe -think-. Yeah, started in late middle school, now a sixth year PhD student in political science (would have graduate this year but sadly academic job market didn't work out, but got funding for another year). I've taken a break from roleplaying on forums the last few years cause of the previous, but now that I got a draft of a dissertation I'm in a bit of a better position to start picking things up. I just miss the old hobby is all, and the occasional burst of Discord RP I get with my friends doesn't quite satisfy the itch.

I've already posted a few ideas of RPs in the Interest Check area, but just briefly I mostly specialize in more slice-of-life settings and characters. My two longest running sites I ever ran were based on Clannad (actually, those members are still running the site, so good for them a decade later) and MLP so...yeah, I really enjoy just doing cute stuffs. Have some experience with more shonen battle series (Naruto probably the most common experience I've had). I've also enjoyed the occasional medieval fantasy setting (I'm in a tabletop group for Dungeon World right now...that has trouble meeting), sci-fi (like Mass Effect), etc. But at the end of the day, the slice-of-life is really my bread and butter. I just like fun scenes between characters, comedic interactions, a little bit of romance and drama.
last edit on Jun 8, 2019 3:36:43 GMT by Whammychu