woke up late

pronounsshe / her
4written posts
Kileoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kileo
Kileo Avatar
we both know all the truth I could tell. I'll just say this as I wish you farewell.
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sumreign"]
[attr="class","sumreign-triangle"]

[attr="class","sumreign-1"]

[attr="class","sumreign-img"]

[attr="class","sumreign-num"]
[attr="class","th th-sun"]

[attr="class","sumreign-prompt"]

table of contents

[attr="class","sumreign-lyrics"]somewhere far away from home, pockets empty, wallet gone, the sun is streaming down on my face

[attr="class","sumreign-table"]

01. lightning bugs[break]
02. summer blockbuster[break]
03. sweets & treats[break]
04. sunburn[break]
05. humidity[break][break]

06. beach day[break]
07. thunderstorms[break]
08. concerts[break]
09. cookout[break]
10. fireworks[break][break]

11. lazy days[break]
12. fire & ice[break]
13. water fight[break]
14. amusement park[break]
15. picnic[break][break]

16. fly a kite[break]
17. carnival[break]
18. road trip[break]
19. electrical black out[break]
20. bonfire[break][break]

21. s'mores[break]
22. sunset/sunrise[break]
23. stargazing[break]
24. vacation[break]
25. lemonade

26. spooky stories[break]
27. camping trip[break]
28. hiking[break]
29. family reunion[break]
30. school's out

[attr="class","sumreign-triangle-1"]

[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400,700]
[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:400,700]
[newclass=.sumreign]margin:30px 0px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;padding:34px;width:501px;background-color:#f5f5f5;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle]height:250px;width:250px;background-color:#999999;position:absolute;margin:-35px;clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 100% 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle div]height:250px;width:250px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-1]border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f5f5f5;position:relative;z-index:1;text-align:justify;font:11px Open Sans;color:#444444;padding:64px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-1 h1]margin:0px;height:1px;background-color:#dddddd;margin:20px 35px 35px 35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-1 font]font-weight:700!important;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-table td]padding:0px!important;vertical-align:top!important;font:11px Open Sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-table b]color:#e9a36c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-table a]font:bold 11px Open Sans;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-img]width:100px;float:right;height:175px;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-img img]height:175px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-num]font:150px Abril Fatface;color:#f5f5f5;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #cccccc, .75px 0px 0px #cccccc, 0px .75px 0px #cccccc, -.75px 0px 0px #cccccc, 0px -.75px 0px #cccccc, -.75px .75px 0px #cccccc, .75px -.75px 0px #cccccc, -.75px -.75px 0px #cccccc;line-height:100px;letter-spacing:9px;margin-left:-20px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-num div]position:absolute;text-shadow:none!important;color:#999999;font-size:75px!important;margin:-5px 0px 0px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-prompt]background-color:#999999;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);margin-right:130px;margin-top:35px;font:bold 11px Open Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;padding:15px 12px 15px 15px;letter-spacing:3px;text-align:center;color:#f5f5f5;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-lyrics]color:#bbbbbb;font:14px Oranienbaum;letter-spacing:4px;line-height:15px;margin:35px 0px 30px 0px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f5f5f5;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);padding:55px 65px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle-1]height:125px;width:125px;transform:rotate(180deg);background-color:#999999;position:absolute;margin:-90px 0px 0px 411px;clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 100% 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle-1 div]height:250px;width:250px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);[/newclass]
last edit on Jun 24, 2019 17:54:13 GMT by Kileo
pronounsshe / her
4written posts
Kileoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kileo
Kileo Avatar
we both know all the truth I could tell. I'll just say this as I wish you farewell.
[nospaces]

road trips

[attr="class","sumreign-lyrics"]

you brought the flames and you put me through hell. i had to learn how to fight for myself

The rain beat against the roof of the car in a steady drum, the comforting sound contrasting with the unfamiliar scenery flashing past them. The inside of the car was warm despite the storm outside, slightly muggy and humid. Yet, that didn’t stop the other passenger from sleeping peacefully in the backseat.
[break][break]

The sound of his deep breaths accompanying the faint buzz of the car radio made for a satisfying white noise. It made her want to pull over and squeeze into the backseat with Wren. She was so tired, and even with the beads of sweat collecting on the back of her neck, the idea of cuddling up with him didn’t lose its appeal.
[break][break]

Tired eyes on the road, Joan blamed her lack of awareness of the increasing number on hours that she hadn’t slept. As the night grew darker and started creeping closer to morning, her eyes only grew heavier.
[break][break]

That was the excuse she had for not noticing when things began to shift.
[break][break]

A haziness bordered the edges of her vision, and no matter how hard she blinked, it wouldn’t go away. She should’ve known by now that nothing she could do would stop it.
[break][break]

Everything was muffled. Quiet. It was like cotton had been shoved into her ears. The only thing she could clearly hear was a voice.
[break][break]

It was happening again.

[break][break]

She ignored it.

[break][break]

Looking at them, talking to them -- playing into their games -- would only make it worse. At least, that was what she told herself.
[break][break]

Most of the time though, it barely seemed like they needed any input from her to find new material to torment her with.
[break][break]

She had quickly decided that the nightmares she was forced to witness were nothing compared to when those same twisted creatures haunted her when she was awake. It didn’t matter what she was doing; they would begin their assault indiscriminately. From things as mundane as whispering in her ears while she was trying to read a book - to as terrifying as wrapping invisible hands around her throat when she was in the middle of a large crowd, trying their hardest to squeeze the life out of her.
[break][break]

And when she checked in the mirror, she was allowed a split second to the peer at the fruits of their labour before they promptly disappeared. Like they were never there to begin with. Because she was the only one who could see them.
[break][break]

When the muggy air in the car dropped to chilling, she knew it was coming.
[break][break]

Joan felt it before she saw anything. Pale, translucent hands trailing slowly up her arms, drawing invisible lines between freckles and scars as they leisurely made journey up and down the length of her skin.
[break][break]

The gesture almost looked affectionate.

[break][break]

But everything the hands touched, left behind ugly marks. At first, they bloomed a gentle purple everytime pale fingertips brushed over heated skin. Then the bruise aggressively spread, creeping over her skin -- growing and growing -- like an infection. And the soft bruises darkened into a sickly pitch black.
[break][break]

Eventually the hands clasped her own, tenderly threading their fingers together and forcing Joan into holding the steering wheel in a white knuckled grip.
[break][break]

She felt the phantom sensation of lips against her ear, feather light and so, so cold. Joan couldn't stop the way her heart clenched painfully in her chest.
[break][break]

"You're so fuckin' fake, Jojo. You think running is going to do anything? You think loving this boy will change anything? You think you can get away from that town, from me?" The harsh laughter that immediately followed the scathing words made her flinch in her seat. The steering wheel creaked underneath her fingers.
[break][break]

"You're stupider than I thought."
[break][break]

She couldn’t respond, she couldn’t reply. No matter how familiar the voice was, no matter how she could already picture the face belonging to it - she couldn’t look. She knew it wasn’t her. It wasn’t Roxy. Because Roxy was dead.
[break][break]

"Why won't you join me? Don't you miss me, Jojo? Or did you never love me in the first place? You’re just a fuckin’ liar-"
[break][break]

"Joan!"
[break][break]

Everything was immediately snapped into focus, the sudden clarity making her jump. The sound rushed back; raindrops falling against the top of the car, the radio buzzing and the deafening beat of her heart in her ears. [break][break]

She looked back down at her arms.
[break][break]
The marks were gone.

[newclass=.sumreign]margin:30px 0px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;padding:34px;width:501px;background-color:#f5f5f5;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle]height:250px;width:250px;background-color:#999999;position:absolute;margin:-35px;clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 100% 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle div]height:250px;width:250px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-1]border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f5f5f5;position:relative;z-index:1;text-align:justify;font:11px Open Sans;color:#444444;padding:64px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-1 h1]margin:0px;height:1px;background-color:#dddddd;margin:20px 35px 35px 35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-img]width:100px;float:right;height:175px;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-num]font:150px Abril Fatface;color:#f5f5f5;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #cccccc, .75px 0px 0px #cccccc, 0px .75px 0px #cccccc, -.75px 0px 0px #cccccc, 0px -.75px 0px #cccccc, -.75px .75px 0px #cccccc, .75px -.75px 0px #cccccc, -.75px -.75px 0px #cccccc;line-height:100px;letter-spacing:9px;margin-left:-20px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-num div]position:absolute;text-shadow:none!important;color:#999999;font-size:75px!important;margin:-5px 0px 0px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-prompt]background-color:#999999;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);margin-right:130px;margin-top:35px;font:bold 11px Open Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;padding:15px 12px 15px 15px;letter-spacing:3px;text-align:center;color:#f5f5f5;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-lyrics]color:#bbbbbb;font:14px Oranienbaum;letter-spacing:4px;line-height:15px;margin:35px 0px 30px 0px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f5f5f5;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);padding:55px 65px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle-1]height:125px;width:125px;transform:rotate(180deg);background-color:#999999;position:absolute;margin:-90px 0px 0px 411px;clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 100% 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sumreign-triangle-1 div]height:250px;width:250px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/BVnmNrf/scanlineshorizontal2.png);[/newclass]
pronounsshe / her
4written posts
Kileoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kileo
Kileo Avatar
[nospaces]

stargazing

[attr="class","sumreign-lyrics"]

a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes.

She’d stolen the moon. [break][break]

She hugged it close to her chest, as tight as she could. It was so stunning, its beauty equal to the tapestry of stars that had carefully cradled it. [break][break]

It was warm.[break][break]

She'd been alone for so long and she'd tried so hard to get it. Leapt off of the ocean and into the sky, hopped from star to star. She'd tried so hard to capture the moon, and finally she had it in her arms. She'd thought that maybe, if she stole it from the sky... it would stay.[break][break]

But already, the ocean was trying to take it away. [break][break]

The water lapped gently at her face and hands, deceptively warm and welcoming as it tried to pry her away from her treasure. She tightened her grip, unwilling to relinquish it. [break][break]

The sea and the sky seemed to pause as if to consider her, before everything started to shift. The ocean hefted her upward, and star studded sky leaned down to meet it. [break][break]

Please, let me keep it. Please, I’m begging you. Her pleas went unanswered and she sobbed as the inky black night gently enveloped her. It was pointless to fight, but as she let the moon be pulled from her arms, she looked up to see the stars. [break][break]

They circled her, caressing her face and catching her tears as they carefully rearranged the sky to make room for its missing piece. Stardust fell from them, staining her cheeks and hair. [break][break]

Yet, they still left her once they had what they wanted. Withdrawing slowly, the sky lowered her back down. Back to the sea, back to earth. [break][break]

She wrapped her arms tightly around herself, now marked with starlight but as alone as she’d been before her desperate heist. [break][break]

The ocean was kind enough to carry her to shore, but the kindness felt hollow in the absence of the moon in her arms. [break][break]

It was hanging exactly where she'd plucked it out of the sky, before falling back into the water she'd leapt from. [break][break]

Tears filling dark, starless eyes, she couldn't help but weep in the light of her failure, awash in the pale moon beams of her reclaimed bounty. The droplets spilled down her sun-kissed cheeks like liquid silver. [break][break]

She felt the sky shift above her once again, as if contemplating the mortal who'd been bold enough leapt through the stars and grasp the moon with clumsy fingers. [break][break]

Then, a beacon of light, almost brighter than the moon, shot through the sky at a speed that she could barely track with her eyes. It broke its position and tore through the inky black curtain of night, soaring over the waves and straight to the girl who tried to steal the moon.[break][break]

Was this her punishment for stealing from the sky? If she was to be snuffed out, she supposed it was only fitting that it was a star that did it.[break][break]

Yet, as she closed her eyes and braced for something -- anything -- a burning heat, a freezing cold, a flash of pain. But nothing happened. [break][break]

Cautiously, she cracked open her dark eyes and was met with a blinding sight.[break][break]

A star, bright and absolutely resplendent, stood before her. Its brilliance was otherworldly, and she almost averted her eyes, but found that she couldn’t. It light was dazzling and contained the hues of thousands of colours. She couldn’t possibly look away. [break][break]

Amidst the dull greys and muted darkness of the seaside, it shone like a priceless celestial gem.[break][break]

I’m sorry we couldn’t let you keep your treasure. You must understand that it is important that it stays with the stars.[break][break]

It reached out and tenderly stroked her cheek. It was neither hot or chilly, instead was simply comfortably warm. It reminded her of the moon. She helplessly leaned into the touch. [break][break]

But we’ve heard your pleas and we weep for you. We won’t let you feel that way ever again.[break][break]

Not just a moon thief, but a stealer of stars and hearts as well.

last edit on Jun 24, 2019 17:51:23 GMT by Kileo