pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
 I suck so bad at titling. Anyway..

Ever Did something forgot about it, somebody comes up. "DUDE This is Amazing how did you do this?" You look at it go "oh yeah, i did do that... Wait.. The Heck How did I do that?"   Or Ever Look at Older theme/skins and just feel impressed by them? Just the time you spent and various technics you had used to make them?  Or Reread an Old Thread/Bio/Post/Paper and Vow that person wasn't you, even you know it was?

TLR;  Ever Looked at something you've done in the past and was Baffled by your own Work being More amazing you can recall?

Added: What about the Reverse Situation? It was So bad, you wanna hide your head in shame?
last edit on Jun 25, 2019 15:28:44 GMT by Ginger
21written posts
spankyearned bits
offlinecurrently
spanky
spanky Avatar
I got way too excited when i saw this. Like, hello? A chance to act like boo-boo the fool? sign me up MHMMMM MHMMM.

Anyways, I'd like to introduce you all to my first ever OC from when I was 11 years old: Gin Everlance. Her FC was white haired anime girl from photobucket and as you can tell I was writing without spellcheck at the time because google chrome wasn't out yet. :pepehands:

I would pay good money for someone 2 go back and destroy all my posts from this site.
last edit on Jun 26, 2019 7:24:41 GMT by spanky
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
honestly by this point who wouldn't like to blast their first ocs from the face of this planet?

for me, mine was an oc named... terra. (honestly she had a last name but i've forgotten it because she ended up becoming a site meme so uh yeah; it's not important so we'll just stick with terra.) her fc was some random super obscure redhead character with yellow eyes that i got from anime characters database and had like two pictures for, if that, but i was that determined to make a convincing flareon gijinka for this pokemon site, so by that standard, hey, i managed. for context, she was also my first oc on my first "real site" (since i don't count the forum i was dragged onto by an irl friend since it was my introduction to rping and it was a rl-fc wolf shifter site, and i really wouldn't do rl fcs for another four years, so yeah, you can imagine things did not go well there). so uh. you can imagine the sort of terrible character you're about to see unfold.

no but okay, honestly, things might have been all right if it weren't for literally everything about her. i had decided to go for... i don't even know exactly what i was going for at the time. i think it was supposed to be super childish but in hindsight, it was really badly done (as in ho boy there's no way there's not developmental issues with her). on one hand, yeah, she was kind of a joke character and it didn't take me more than a couple of months to really treat her as such myself, especially when i started getting really into just spitting out random garbage and rolling with it for her canon (like the time when she was in a wild mod thread, a delibird threw a present at her eevee that exploded, and from that point onwards she was convinced santa was evil, which, again, would have been fine if it weren't for the fact that by the time the site ended up dead a year later, she had managed to graduate from "santa is evil" to "santa drives a woodchipper pulled by chainsaws and has a horde of murderous elves" so it's clear that we were going to extremes pretty fast). on the other hand, dear gods do i recognize now how painful it must have been for everyone else to rp with her, between me fully embracing the wildness by having her outright ignore any kinds of reactions she didn't like and the extreme end of "she's a flareon gijinka who thinks all of the other eeveelution gijinka are her family" thing i went for and found very quickly spiraling into sheer madness as i kept doubling down on the craziness. like i said. she became a site meme. in that mentions of her name always got "oh dear god" reactions from my friends on the site, even years after the place had closed and she was long abandoned alongside it. which in hindsight yeah i get that reaction and bless them for putting up with me playing her.

i really did love playing her partially because of all those factors. it was really fun to just. weave a super insane narrative that literally everyone other than the character themselves thinks is random and delusional. and it made it super fascinating to watch exactly how everything was going to go for threads. to this day, i really wish i could get back some of that magic since good grief i think that this character actually had some of my most entertaining moments of character development and storytelling. but i also recognize how much of a problem she was in terms of reacting to other players, so i honestly don't know if i would ever bring her back or try to incorporate too many of the outside workings of her character into another one now that i'm aware of how problematic it is for other players to try to work with.
last edit on Jun 26, 2019 13:09:07 GMT by Kuroya

aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
one of my first oc's i remember was for inuyasha. she was a wolf demon named dark. i used this angsty emo goth furry dog girl picture to represent her.

to this day i look back on characters i made a month ago and ask myself "why did i think this one aspect of their history was a Good Idea"

i also to play furcadia
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
 rolling with it for her canon (like the time when she was in a wild mod thread, a delibird threw a present at her eevee that exploded, and from that point onwards she was convinced santa was evil, which, again, would have been fine if it weren't for the fact that by the time the site ended up dead a year later, she had managed to graduate from "santa is evil" to "santa drives a woodchipper pulled by chainsaws and has a horde of murderous elves" so it's clear that we were going to extremes pretty fast)
I'm sorry what?  LOL  this is amazing, if it was a character on a TV show or Book.. Or Hell even in a Roleplay I could join in with.. I'd love this character. Just... Grabbing something random and running with it. Best Early OC ever.

Here mine was just a ginger cat obsessed with the smell of ginger, admittedly got banned for bad grammar...
last edit on Jun 29, 2019 2:34:56 GMT by Ginger
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
Ginger Avatar
I'm sorry what?  LOL  this is amazing, if it was a character on a TV show or Book.. Or Hell even in a Roleplay I could join in with.. I'd love this character. Just... Grabbing something random and running with it. Best Early OC ever.

Here mine was just a ginger cat obsessed with the smell of ginger, admittedly got banned for bad grammar...

yeah, uh. basically what happened was i was in a double mod thread and someone threw a fit over us getting rolled a lapras and a delibird, so i just shrugged loudly and took the delibird to solve the issue. the delibird used present, which has a chance to either give health to the target or explode; the mod's rng said it exploded, and since the character basically treated all of her eevees as her children to look after, it... kind of broke something inside her. she didn't get a lot of other threads outside of mod threads, for entirely understandable reasons tbeh, but honestly, her one mod thread was a ride from start to finish because i remembered that it featured a skitty that was trying to be evil (which was honestly probably one of the single best moments of pokemodding i've written with) and it had a pinsir, both of which were incorporated into the ever-involving conspiracy theory for santa being evil.

.... honestly her eevees were p fun too, one of them was determined to more or less be the trainer and another one was an absolute crybaby and one of them basically napped the whole time. it was p good.

also thanks i went through and found the old mod thread with the pinnacle of this insanity i regret like 100000 of my decisions now time to yeet myself into the sun

aliaspriestess shizuka
pronounsshe/her
73written posts
shizukaearned bits
offlinecurrently
shizuka
shizuka Avatar

For the longest time recently, there was this old memory, a rp forum that I look back on and assume I must've had horrible activity on. I'm 100% convinced in both memory and self awareness that I probably like, made an app, probably posted once or twice at best, promised some threads and plots, then failed to make replies and left everyone hanging. Yanno, like how awful I am now. :'D

Then one day I actually decided to pull up the old site link and sift through it curiously, and my mind was blown. 6+ years ago me heckin... managed to keep up a whole THREAD going, large word counts and decent character interactions too. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe I did that, was capable of writing like that. U: Like, what the heck, me? How did you do that???? How??????

I thought my peak roleplay activity levels died midway through the very Warrior cat rps I got into rp with, but then apparently not quite. Strange how these things work. XD
pronounsany
253written posts
UMUearned bits
offlinecurrently
UMU
UMU Avatar
I'm going to change, one step at a time, even if you won't forgive me
soo the sites I've been longest on either got themselves hacked and deleted, banned me off them after I had a mental breakdown (thanks to a lot of irl stuff that's probably too heavy to even mention sorry), the creator has blocked me or the member base hates my guts but aren't willing to admit it so just end up shutting me out if I come back. which is why when I leave sites, I ghost now instead of trying to discuss whatever problems I have with what's going on or try to bond with people \o/ which considering my mentality of I hate quitting, is extremely not like me.

more light hearted - 2 sites, 200 characters. what the hell was I doing, I have no clue but holy cow. and I will say, I had maybe 1 repeat character across all of that. yeah. oof.
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Within the past year I got access to some of my old writings from 2016ish from right before I took like a two year long break from roleplaying and I remembered thinking my posts/threads were super good but was kinda 90% thinking it was probably just nostalgia but I looked back and was like who the hell is this?

It was a period where I felt like I was being challenged really hard RP-wise by being surrounded by better writers so I was always trying really really hard to impress them and shit, one of whom I still keep in touch with even today who wrote literally exactly the same style I do except... better. Even when I was at 100% of my power she was like at 130-140%. Now I'm like at 70% of my power so I looked back like why can't that be me anymore.

I never played that OC again but holy shit did I have fun with them though, you can just kind of tell when a writer loves an OC to bits and it was completely obvious in my posts. I've only gotten that high with one other OC since then tbh and even then it wasn't as intense so I will look back on that time in fondness and also proof to myself that I was at one point pretty good at this writing thing before I TOOK A LONG BREAK AND LOST ALL MY POWER.
last edit on Jul 28, 2019 7:29:47 GMT by wolfe
pronounsShe/Her
44written posts
rafflesiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
rafflesia
rafflesia Avatar
So I used to be a magician when it came to photoshop color editing, like I could recolor things beyond what anyone would be able to believe, and it was something that I enjoyed doing, but as time went on I started to do it a lot less and less, and this led to me one day deciding to color a manga scan of something for a friend...and realizing I didn't remember my old process, so I have all of these amazing color edits saved in my hard drives and no way to replicate that process, so when others come to me saying "This is so cool, but who did it?" It makes me really sad because my new style is just really gross when compared to how it used to be...the worst part is it feels like I traded those skills for learning stupid things like lazy rendering (rendering made easy so that it only takes about 20 minutes). It's sad because I use rendering more than coloring, but I wish I had the coloring skills still. If I could go back and choose what to harness instead, I'd stick with coloring instead of rendering.
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
rafflesia Avatar
So I used to be a magician when it came to photoshop color editing, like I could recolor things beyond what anyone would be able to believe, and it was something that I enjoyed doing, but as time went on I started to do it a lot less and less, and this led to me one day deciding to color a manga scan of something for a friend...and realizing I didn't remember my old process, so I have all of these amazing color edits saved in my hard drives and no way to replicate that process, so when others come to me saying "This is so cool, but who did it?" It makes me really sad because my new style is just really gross when compared to how it used to be...the worst part is it feels like I traded those skills for learning stupid things like lazy rendering (rendering made easy so that it only takes about 20 minutes). It's sad because I use rendering more than coloring, but I wish I had the coloring skills still. If I could go back and choose what to harness instead, I'd stick with coloring instead of rendering.

never 2 late 2 learn
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
818written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
consistently wrote 500w+ posts.

me: wtf

consistently wrote 500w posts in 25-30 minutes

me: WTF

only replied to people in a minimum of a month

ok maybe i've improved ...

wait holy shit i had like 1000 posts+ on this one site that i was only one for a couple of years? i had TWO sites like that? holy fuck, where hath my posting motivation gone?
269written posts
Kei ⚸earned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei ⚸
Kei ⚸ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
my first rp character i ever made was a wolf named near. i remember my small chatzy rp being based off the anime wolf's rain, but also based off of inuyasha because the rp was called "the sacred jewel wolf pack", (and death note because my wolf's name is.. near lol) when i was 12 i delved into rping animals before deciding that the wolves can change into humans xD advertising on horseland.com and all. i still have my webs.com site with ALL of my ocs on it and my first two role plays, the second being a haunted mansion rp where people would visit the mansion and never be able to leave it, baha. what a time. that's a 'wow' moment for me.

to this day, i am still friends with my rp partners from 15 years ago through social media and we watched each other grow up and mature and it's such a good feeling being able to still be friends even though we never met each other. (this is including my rp friends i also met over proboards 10 years ago too)
last edit on Jul 21, 2020 18:58:36 GMT by Kei ⚸
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW