Post by Kuroya on Oct 7, 2019 0:18:27 GMT
welp, time to go back to clinging uselessly to the ceiling fan of animanga while everyone tries to beat me off with a broom.
for people who aren't as familiar with me - hi there, my name is kuroya, i'm twenty-three years old, use she / her pronouns, hang out primarily in real life these days, and have way too much time on my hands (or is it characters and plots i want to play).
i usually keep a pretty close eye on animated panfandoms because i have been dying for a place to settle in (no, seriously, i've been looking for one to settle in on for over a year now, and i'd just bite the bullet and make it myself if it weren't for the fact that i run two sites already and am staring down the barrel of staff burnout if i have to add another site i'm responsible for). but on the off chance that i missed one or two, i'm gonna put up a site search and see what i net back.
as far as specific things i'm looking for go, the list of required things is:- jcink premium. i don't care if it's 18+ or not as long as i can do mature threads if i want to and there's clear boundaries in place (ie, it's easy to recognize minors vs adults on the site + in discord and the mature threads are in mature boards with age-restrictions on them).
- animated canons only. no mixed face sites, no original characters, and no canons from series that have strong live action bases (ie, harry potter or marvel / dc). i'd prefer no novel (ie, percy jackson or lord of the rings), dnd (ie, critical role), or "player characters" (ie, cadash or lavellan from dragon age) as well tbeh but i'd settle for the rest of it.
- super lax activity requirements. one post per character per month (and no disqualifying posts if they're not posted at the "right" time of the month either).
i just don't want to worry about if i'm waiting on my partners to post back to a character that's hard to plot, okay?
- no word counts. the only place i'm willing to see any kind of word / sentence requirements is in apps as a word minimum for me to destroy.
- low-key plot / premise. i'm gonna be entirely honest and say that i really just want to sit in a corner and rp with the premise as more of the backdrop to things and not worry about, like, xyz big bad destroying an entire town and me missing it and looking like a fool as a result.
- freeform "combat". i'll write abilities because ofc but i just... really don't want to deal with stats or power level tiers or anything like that. (honestly i don't really want to deal with combat or the like at all, just let me have fluffy threads for days.)
- simple app. give me an abilities and a freeform area to word dump a second-person ramble and don't ask too much more of me tbeh.
legit i cry at appearance sections and personality sections and like the myers-briggs stuff and all that, please don't make me do them.
- light lore. i'm willing to deal with a certain amount of lore, but like... real talk, i just wanna sit and rp, not have to process and puzzle through the 100k+ words in 5+ lore threads and 20+ ic board descriptions just to understand the site and where to thread and all that.
- friendly + welcoming community. i've been on too many panfans where no one really wants to thread with you if you don't have a friend on the site or you aren't in someone's fandom and i just... am not here for it tbeh.
- specific open canons. i specifically want to play a pre-nibelheim sephiroth (final fantasy vii), a pre-death mello (death note), and a post-cheshire-arc cheshire (pandora hearts), so if i can't get a guarantee on all of them, i'm not really interested.
the things that i'd love to see but aren't hard bound to can be summed up as:+ nonmodern fantasy setting. it's just easier for me to fit most of my characters into.
+ light-hearted low-stakes site. i just like these kinds of low-key light-hearted sites where things are relationship-driven and thus rather low-stakes, so uh, yeah.
+ more open canons. i'd probably pick up a post-advent-children reno (final fantasy vii), post-game ravio (legend of zelda: link between worlds), pre-headhunter-arc ernest nightray (pandora hearts), and a post-game chrobin!lucina (fire emblem: awakening) for sure.
+ bonus open canons. i'm also not opposed to a post-heavensward aymeric de borel (final fantasy xiv), pre-main-game nobunaga (pokemon conquest), post-canon alois trancy (kuroshitsuji), post-canon-and-au-ish edward elric (fullmetal alchemist), post-game virion (fire emblem: awakening), some-canon-point miles edgeworth (ace attorney), and/or a post-fnaf3 humanized foxy (five nights at freddy's), but they're just nice bonuses versus "i know i would pick these brats up if i had a chance to."
+ want ads for those canons. possible bonus points for if they're romantic, but i'd settle for even just general canonmates and excitement for them.
+ private-ish site. honestly, i'd be down for doing a private or semi-private site if it's not a sandbox (just cuz i'm already on a sandbox trying to do these things) and if it's gonna stick around.
+ laidback setting details. let me have some fun with just. randomly having a pet baby barioth or fighting a giant dinosaur or even just. someone stabs my character but they wake up in their bed the next day and they're fine.
+ mission system. i like using missions as a good way to get two characters threading together where they might not otherwise, don't @ me.
+ awards. i like shiny things and i will collect all of them if given half a chance.
+ casual approach to content. look i get that problematic series and characters are, well, problematic, but if it's all properly tagged and appropriately handled, i would be okay with seeing it around.
... like i said. i keep a close enough eye on the animated panfandoms around to know that this is kind of a long shot, but who knows, maybe i can get lucky and find a home to settle in with my old characters and have some good times.
please let me get lucky and find a home to settle in with my old characters and have some good times.
edit: i guess i'll also disclaim that i'm not entirely opposed to helping staff something that can give me what i want and speaks to me in all the right ways but. i'm fairly useless as a staffer right now since the skinning design gods have abandoned me (and real talk i always end up super leery of being poached for a site just because i can code because it's happened before and it was such a nightmare that i never want to repeat that experience again) and i really don't want to deal with apps or events or anything more demanding than general site maintenance and ad stuff, so uhh. yeah.