offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
ever on and on, i continue circling
[googlefont="montserrat"]

[attr="class","foxfirebox"]

[attr="class","foxfiretxt"]

general synopsis

set in the feudal era, mononoke takes inspiration from japanese folklore, the sengoku jidai, and various anime with similar themes.

currently, the land is in a state of social and political unrest - tensions rising largely in part to the anarchy caused by a wayward group of oni striving for control and the growing distrust of the newly appointed emperor on the eve of the current war. it is during this period of destruction that humankind begins to find fault in yokai for their inability to control their kind, their inability to get rid of the threats that threaten to shatter everything they've ever known - even as they help to aid their human counterparts to turn the tides of war. they blame them for the lives lost, the oni's thirst for power, and the current state of their country. it is in this distrust that breeds hostility, that breeds a divide between families, clans, and the otherworldly beings that exist within this world and brings about the question who can you trust?

playable species

humans - regular old people, you know the squishy things
yokai - kitsune, kappa, yuki-onna, if it exists and you can explain it in a way that fits with the setting and don't go balls to the wall batshit crazy - anything goes
oni - the bad eggs, usually identified by their horns
spirits - while these can fall under yokai like dragon spirits who guard forests and things, i put them under here because of their more benevolent nature rather than yokai's more ambiguous nature or oni's malevolent nature if that makes sense?

other notes

other than well all the political unrest and the tensions as the war goes on honestly may nix the war and set it before the war i have nothing really like... planned planned? but like, wanted to type up this interest check for both help and things? plot-wise and well otherwise too. and also like see if it makes sense?

i feel very scattered honestly, i can see everything in my mind but i find it hard to like coherently put it out into the world ya know? to type it up.

also... i'm torn between the names foxfire and mononoke LOL haven't changed my sig yet to like distinguish that change tho due to the meanings of mononoke, i thought it fit better than foxfire due to the darker themes of the site

if you have any questions, please let me know - i am lost and happy to answer them!

face reserves

kimetsu no yaiba - shinobu kocho
touken ranbu - kogitsunemaru

[newclass=.foxfiretxt h1] font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; font-family: 'montserrat', cursive; line-height: 1px; letter-spacing: 5px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; color: #2A1918; border-bottom: #B5C2DE solid 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.foxfiretxt b] color: #9C253E; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.foxfiretxt i] color: #BD80A2; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.foxfirebox] width: 450px; background: #f5f3f7; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: flex-start; [/newclass]
[newclass=.foxfireimg] margin-bottom: auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.foxfiretxt] margin-bottom: 550; margin-left: 25px; margin-right: 25px; margin-top: 15px; padding: 5px 25px 15px 25px; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 0px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase; font-family: 'verdana'; text-align: justify; border-left: solid 2px #b5c2de; border-right: solid 2px #b5c2de; [/newclass]
last edit on Nov 18, 2019 3:38:45 GMT by salty
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
double post but: if there's no limitation then how do you intend to do more specific folklore like the slit-mouth woman and such? (will there be able to be more than one? imothat'dbekindaweirdbutthat'sjustme)

also do you have more of an idea on what the plot is gonna be like? i.e: will there be like ,,, mini skirmishes? are we all playing villagers and get to choose to be part of the mayhem? will there be events that determine how we act and what we do? etc.

I'M REALLY CURIOUS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M EXCITED
last edit on Nov 16, 2019 1:52:57 GMT by honey and the forgor land
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
are you doing limitations for how many people can play what? (i.e: 'WE DON'T WANT 50 KITSUNES FUCK OFF FURRIES') or is it like ... there can be 50 kappas and 40 kitsunes

UM, TBH - i'm... a potato who's like "let's all have fun" until it becomes... a problem LOL
the only limits will prolly be for like... the more powerful spooky yokai -sagenods-
like 1-5 tails are common but like 7-9 tails are like... limited usually because they're more powerful

but if people want limits or think there should be, i'm cool to implement it for whatever it may be
plus systems or whatever else people would want to see c:

EDIT: OH FOR THINGS LIKE SLIT MOUTH WOMAN AND STUFF, there will prolly be only one - like the folklore tales that are basically based around one person??? they'll prolly be special "canon" like slots 
ALSO YES definitely skirmishes and little bit of everything! 

honestly, i like to do slice of life things as well as more structured events that pull plot a long because i like... spooks and fights and angst 

last edit on Nov 16, 2019 1:56:35 GMT by salty
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
...also double post, but plot wise - i do have some things planned and directions i want to go! but i also enjoy like the collaborative process too with members to make it more... intimate? no that's not the word? inclusive? fun! yes.

also thank you ;u; 
last edit on Nov 16, 2019 1:58:35 GMT by salty
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
this sounds like all of my jam and i'm going to be stalking this thread for all the updates.

also, potentially playing up to some sort of war sounds like it could be really fun? i feel like a lot of sites with war plots either start like in the middle or right at the beginning of the war, but maybe be able to build up relationships or plots that could be affected by the war too. like idk, something like playing up a relationship (family, romantic, platonic, w/e) and then forcing them on opposite sides of the war or having their view points tear them apart and actually like threading out the process of that too. idk. #ramblings
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
pan Avatar
this sounds like all of my jam and i'm going to be stalking this thread for all the updates.

also, potentially playing up to some sort of war sounds like it could be really fun? i feel like a lot of sites with war plots either start like in the middle or right at the beginning of the war, but maybe be able to build up relationships or plots that could be affected by the war too. like idk, something like playing up a relationship (family, romantic, platonic, w/e) and then forcing them on opposite sides of the war or having their view points tear them apart and actually like threading out the process of that too. idk. #ramblings

ah! i am glad! thank you!

also, that's an amazing idea tbh! the build-up, rising tension? the angst! plus it does pave way for some cool events that lead up to the war and what happens during and after! i love development so much and building that sort of thing up with all the spooks :eyes: 10/10 
i love it - thank you! 
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
fed up with y'all bitches
i'm sorry for spamming (and i'm ready to be hated for how much i'm talking here) but:

i've been reading a lot of devil no. 4 and i thought what orivien above me recommended is pretty sweet. what if there was some kind of pact that humans could perform with spirits/yokai to tie them together and give humans a taste of power before turning into pure yokai/spirits themselves? some kind of spicy angsty romance plot possibilities there tbh

also will there be a beta testing period or will it just be open when it's open?