SLEEPING GIANTS - A:TLA Inspired RP

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
not gonna lie, i wasn't expecting any sort of interest whatsoever lololol. so seeing that just got me all-

now as i have promised, i will be provided a little more detail from the quick interest thread to what's to come to the site. this time, i'll dive into the general premise of the site:

sleeping giants is an inspired avatar: the last airbender roleplay where certain elements are taken from the series and implemented into a new original world where the tension among the countries are at a rise, each having a desire to slay, conquer, and prove their strength; to erase other elements and make theirs the most dominant and to make others submit to their cause. even if the leaders of each country has no intention of conquering, the majority of its citizens holds extremely nationalism and will strike those that are considered foreign to their homeland. sleeping giants will also be exploring through more than just the social aspect of the site, but also through combat, military, religion, and politics (essentially a summary of the points i talked about below) for members to shape how the world will continue forward.

altho now that i think about it, i already provided enough information ahdssfds- i can just do an extension on some notes/rearrange:

• the site will be on proboards. |D
    [li]so first thing's first, there will be no avatar in the sense of how the position is used in the series. instead, it'll have another purpose (which will be explained in another point)
  • completely original countries with fresh new spakin' lore and other locations with positions to snag (some will be unlimited to take, others will be limited).
  • i want to explore the combat aspect of a:tla, but it won't be the main focus of the site. it'll just be there. that said, there won't be stats because ew, but nominal ranks to measure a bender's strength. in total, there will be a total of six ranks for people to choose from. therefore, chi pools will be a must maybe they'll be superhuman benders while we're at it. that way, nonbenders can still have an edge in a fight. :eyes:
  • and yes you can be a civilian and not get involved in combat. those that want to live a safer life can choose to do so, but can still get involved in other works like politics and the likes.
  • chi will be used for more than just typical bending and healing. chi will be manipulate to create other techniques for those that are nonbenders (think chakra from naruto). again, that way those that are nonbenders can still have an edge in a fight than letting benders get all the spotlight.
  • sPEakiNG oF NarUTo (i just made this up because i just said naruto lolol), i plan to take specialties from that and implement it to the a:tla world under different names. namely chi bending (ninjutsu), body techs (taijutsu) and weaponry (obv). it gives folks a better idea for what they want their benders (or nonbenders) to be.
  • i may implement a religious system as to how people believed the world was created (like the spirit world, there's one god (the avatar), multiple gods, etc). there will be five major religions while members may create their own minor ones.
  • overall conflict will depend on each country's history so there'll be drama left to right. on the topic of said conflict, let's just say people can travel but you better make sure you blend in with the crowd. :eyes: this can allow other people to write with other characters from other countries, but be warned that there will be punishments.
  • politics will play a large part of the site overall, so for all you ic political nuts looking to abuse your powers, you got it. each country will run under a different government to look over their citizens and those that make the leaders will follow suit. however, they can change how the government runs but there will be some consequences waiting for them.
  • clearly this won't be apart of the site right away, but perhaps supernatural being can play into the mix that are aligned to elements? tailed beasts? kitsune? vampires? who knoooows. this won't be introduced early into the site so just discard that for now.
  • let's get one thing straight: advanced elements like metal, ice, etc will be unlocked based on ranks just to avoid a few bloodbenders hanging around.
  • each country will have their own military system that ties with their element.

that all being said, i've decided to make a little discord server for those that are interested pls excuse how ugly it looks it's in its early stages. when will it be done? depends on how fast i work on this and/or if i decide to get helping hands. i hope to probably finish this by march/april as the latest, but who knows? maybe the site will be finished faster than expected.

anyways, thanks for taking the time to read through my messy rambling if you've made it this far and can't wait to see this project come to life! i'll also try to make weekly updates on the site's status to completion.

discord server
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
WOW look at me being late orz.

unfortunately, life kinda got in the way so not much had been done. :((((( BUT! i'm back now and ready to get back to work. |D i do, however, have some small updates to feed you all with:

- switched from proboards to jcink |D

- somehow i didn't set the discord invite to not expire so i made a new one <3 discord.gg/JNvUswW
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

look at me, late again with another update post lkhgfghj.

anyway, asides from almost getting caught up irl again, i've been working very hard kinda lolol on sleeping giants and making sure i was satisfied with the results. that said, there has been some major changes in regards to the lore/systems:

- instead of dividing the world into four nations, i've decided to instead have it as one large nation with nationalism running high among the benders. there will be a council that is made up of each bender from each bending art taking control instead of being ruled under one bender (nonbenders will also take a role). the military will also be categorized under the council. dw tho, there'll still be some political drama left to right; in fact, it'll even enhance it :eyes:

- another thing is because there'll only be one large nation, this'll also spark up some factions that are for and against said large nation. there'll still be some political drama, so no need to worry about that if you want some political conflict!

-religion system is removed (for now).

- specialty system will also be removed for now, since it's something i consider to use but not when the site opens.

i've also decided to rewrite everything because i wasn't satisfied with the systems, lore, and rules i've gotten. that said, i do hope to open at least around mid march, but who knows, i may open sooner than that!
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.