phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
[nospaces]
[attr="class","imamoonwalker"]

[attr="class","imlikemjup"]
Hi there! My name is Kuroya, and I'm here to drag unsuspecting victims back into the early to mid 2010s with me try to advertise a handful of my want ads from Ascension, a fantasy animated panfandom hosted on normal Jcink. (The setting has a lot of light DnD vibes to it, like with the dungeon-crawler-esque element of the Tower, but if that's not your cup of tea, honestly, you can entirely ignore those mechanics, you would be far from the only one who's largely just in it to have a good time without feeling attacked by systems and mechanics or just bad times in general.)
[break][break]
While I will confess that I am gonna be focusing my spotlight towards certain characters that are involved in some heavier-duty plots that I am downright desperate for, I'll also be honest in that I'd be absolutely over the moon just to have any canonmates from my fandoms (which are, at the moment, Pandora Hearts, Final Fantasy VII, and Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver). And uh. Y'know. While I may a little bit on the shorter side for posts generally and the sort of RPer whose posting speeds will either leave us in feast or famine with no middle ground... I definitely go out of my way to try to help my partners integrate on the site and get invested in everything, so y'know, you won't have to worry so much about taking the ads and then dying trying to figure things out because I will personally take you by the hand and lead you into hell help you through the process.

[attr="class","imlikemjup"]

[attr="class","intheclouds"]
[attr="class","iknowit"]

[attr="class","taken"]

[attr="class","soundsawkward"]Look, I know this is kind of a longshot because the two of them are just nonexistent in the remake, but fight me, I have a violent need for Angeal Hewley and Genesis Rhapsodos for my Sephiroth.
[break][break]
More specifically, I have a violent need for just. The dynamic of the three of them having been boyfriends before all of the events of Crisis Core, when everything just goes so very painfully wrong and it all falls apart into a terrible tragedy, only instead of being nothing less than pain and suffering and angst, we get to bring all of them to Fragment to kind of... actually learn to deal with the ramifications of what ShinRa's done to them in a peaceful environment within degradation and Jenova looming over them to ruin everything, and the three of them all resolve their angst and drama and get to live happily ever after in Fragment.
[break][break]
Obviously, I would like for Angeal to be taken right before the mission at Modeoheim that ruins everything (with the caveat of him being healed in Fragment or at least fixable in Fragment), and uh... in terms of Genesis, I actually think it might be cool to take him from after Dirge of Cerberus, just because I think it would be a really interesting plot for him to know everything that ends up happening to both of his boyfriends (since Seph himself is taken just before he snaps and burns down a small mountain village the Nibelheim incident) and he's kind of just... keeping that secret because he doesn't have the heart to ruin everything (and it would be really interesting to play against some of the other FF7 characters too in my opinion), but I'm a little more flexible if you have something else in mind for Gen. I just. Know for sure that I want them to be husbands again in Fragment, okay?

[attr="class","iknowit"]

[attr="class","soundsawkward"]Let's keep this roll going with some long shots and yeet my soul back into the depths of 2014, back when Pandora Hearts was still relevant, and shout into the void about Xerxes Break and "The Will of the Abyss" / Alyss and how badly I want to see them for my Cheshire.
[break][break]
Honestly, I think these three would all be really interesting to play off each other for Fragment since like... y'know, Break was the only Contractor who was ever granted his wish (of "saving" the noble family he'd served) but he was only granted that wish because he'd promised Alyss that he'd make her wish of not being the Will of the Abyss anymore come true, which put him both... as deeply allied with Cheshire, when you think about it (because he just wanted to make Alyss happy), and irrevocably against him (since carrying out her wish would probably erase her existence). But where I get kind of excited is how sort of... being in Fragment would likely be a way of granting Alyss' wish, in a roundabout way, and I could honestly see Break being absolutely fascinated by the ascension mechanic, and I think it might be really cool to simultaneously see Alyss reunite with her best friend and for Break to be confronted with this aspect of his past (that stubbornly insist on remaining his problem since Alyss probably considers Break her most loyal knight when Cheshire always wanted that role and Break kind of feels a little sorry for Cheshire because of it).
[break][break]
I'm gonna be... fairly flexible about exactly when Alyss is drawn (partially because I don't actually remember if I ever finished Pandora Hearts and my memories of the later chapters are really hazy), just as long as it's after the Tragedy of Sablier (and when Cheshire stole her memories of that day to try to keep her from being sad / remembering she made that wish); my big thing for her is that I want to be clear I only ship Cheshire and Alyss platonically, so hey, if you're here for a ship, that's really not my cup of tea. As far as Break goes... I'll put down a window for him being taken some time between Retrace 92 (for obvious reasons) and the conclusion of the Cheshire arc (again, for obvious reasons); I will say that I would be absolutely over the moon for a romantic ship for him and Cheshire, since that's my OTP for Chess, but honestly, I would be just as interested in a platonic plot where Break's just reluctantly trying to get Cheshire to be more independent and less devoted to Alyss, so y'know, you have pretty free reign to do what you want here.

[attr="class","iknowit"]

[attr="class","soundsawkward"]And now we shift gears into a slightly different direction - the direction where I nervously sweat while requesting Gold and Green / Gary Oak to play off of with my Silver.
[break][break]
Since I took... kind of a different take on Silver (and pulled him from the start of his game) where he's been aged up and made a lot more practical, I'm kind of interested in a slightly more mature Gold as well (in that I imagine he's... probably 17-18, to match Silver's 19). But don't worry - Gold's still very straight-forward in that I honestly mostly want him around to persistently nag Silver with all of his enthusiasm and make him high-key regret literally every choice he's ever made (or at least make him want to get back home faster so he can get away from this cheerful ray of sunshine ruining his doom and gloom); after all, Silver needs his persistently optimistic "best friend" to help break through some of his more tsundere habits and get him to open up. Green, however, is a slightly different animal where I just... I really like the plot nugget I had of Silver and Green meeting and Green immediately takes a shine to Silver and starts chasing him and everything's fine until Silver finds out that Green is the Viridian City Gym Leader and kind of freaks out about it and cue Green trying to get advice from Red about what to do when your boyfriend thinks you work for Team Rocket (while Red desperately tries not to break his vow of silence just to tell Green what the fuck) and also I find the idea of Green giving Silver the Cubone he caught from Lavendar Tower (which Silver immediately proceeds to baby) super cute okay I'm just super down for this ship don't @ me except please do so I can scream about this with someone else.
[break][break]
As much as I do think it might be cool to have Gold be basically "new game" esque when he comes to Fragment, just to match Silver... I also think it would be downright hysterical for Gold to be further along in his journey (or even coming from the Pokemon Special manga, where Silver's a good bit different apparently), just because I really like "different verse" shenanigans sometimes, so I'm gonna leave that ball in your court. By contrast, I know Green is going to have to be at least "pre-HG/SS" since imo Viridian City Gym Leader, but outside of that, I'm a bit more flexible for whether or not you want to have him be "post-post-game-HG/SS" or just "post-game-HG/SS".

[attr="class","iknowit"]

[attr="class","soundsawkward"]And finally, we get to a duo that my odds of success are super high for. Thank you, FFVIIR, for helping me realize my hopes and dreams of getting a Rufus Shinra and Tseng for my Reno (and yes, I know, that's not a finished + approved app, but listen... I can literally guarantee I'm making him, it's just a matter of when).
[break][break]
I would be absolutely feral for a Rufus - and not just because I high-key headcanon that Reno was actually originally picked up off the street as a kid to be injected with mako and made into Rufus' childhood playmate / bodyguard (right up until he was forcibly fired as a teenager and had to work his way up the ranks of the Turks to make it back to Rufus' side) and this idiot has been so high-key in love with Rufus all his life that it's not even funny. I genuinely think it would be really cool to see Rufus try to start making moves in Fragment to consolidate power and make a difference here too, the way he does in Advent Child, and I just... think he'd be really cool to see in action in politics too. And Tseng would be no less important for me to see - I imagine that he and Reno are largely close, as two of the older Turks still left in the service and two of the most loyal, and Tseng actually probably sees through a lot of Reno's quirks because he's known him long enough to recognize where he's just acting like an incompetent idiot to get people to drop their guards and where he genuinely is struggling because his education is... honestly super slapshod and he kind of just gets by in life with one big Jedi mind trick half the time (which only works because he's a Turk and he's Reno) and also I imagine Tseng was generally the one who deals with Reno's whole little other headcanoned "he does secret missions for the Turks while purposefully overdosing on low-quality mako to temporarily get enhanced abilities and then spends the next night low-key trying not to die in Tseng's bathroom because Tseng does not want to have to kick down Reno's door to put him in the tub before he overheats and dies from a fever" okay.
[break][break]
Originally, I was gonna say that it would be cool to see either of them taken from anything after Advent Child, but honestly? I'd also kind of be down for having them come from before that too. Because the remake honestly looks super cool (and I'm low-key debating moving Reno back to the remake to match, even though I do like a lot of the cool things I can work with from Advent Child), and it seems to have some really interesting stuff going on. I'm honestly just really flexible with this because I'm also honestly super making eyes at ship potential for all of them, and I'm not sure whether I want a polyship with all three, just Rufus and Reno, or just Reno and Tseng, but like... I guess that will depend on what the other person who takes one of them is up for, y'feel? So uh. Yeah.

[newclass=.imamoonwalker]padding: 30px; background-image: url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/41c676213510e8ac0b308d5382e11c27/tumblr_inline_p50ye32viY1rg7nmd_540.jpg'); background-repeat: repeat; width: 490px; line-height: 150%; border: solid 2px #ddd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imlikemjup]background-color: #f2f3f4; color: #090909; border: solid 1px #ddd; padding: 0px; padding-right: 0px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10.5pt; text-align: justify; margin-top: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imamoonwalker .imlikemjup:first-of-type]margin-top: 0px; padding: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imlikemjup a]color: #633562; font-weight: 700;[/newclass]
[newclass=.intheclouds]height: 190px; padding-left: 10px; margin-top: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imlikemjup .intheclouds:first-of-type]margin-top: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.iknowit]float: right; border-left: 1px solid #ddd; margin-left: 5px; margin-top: -10px; width: 100px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.iknowit img:last-of-type]margin-top: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.soundsawkward]margin-top: 10px; height: 180px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.taken img]filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
last edit on May 25, 2020 18:42:34 GMT by Kuroya

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
now that genesis has arrived, we would honestly love to have our lovely keeper of honor to loudly disapprove of sephiroth making dumb cat eyes instead of stopping genesis from acting on bad ideas aggressively judge cloud for claiming to be a first class soldier because listen identity theft is not a joke cloud balance out the third of our trio!

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
don't mind me casually featuring one of the other requested characters, none other than one green / gary oak, who i would love to see and have interact with my silver (and, y'know, maybe have a ship too)!

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
today's featured wanted is alyss / the will of the abyss, who is cheshire's absolute best friend in the world and who i would love to see on the site to coo over her kitten (and fight all the people who keep adopting her cat until she ends up getting adopted herself)!

last edit on Jun 16, 2020 18:53:53 GMT by Kuroya

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.