phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!

hello, kuro here.

after a long three year banishment from the fire nation stint in the real life circuit, i have captured the avatar to restore my honor finally come back to my animanga roots and have been working on a new site that, if my terrible references aren't enough of a giveaway, is an avatar: the last airbender site - specifically, it's the one i alluded to in my quick interest check a little while back.

the site is actually fairly close to being ready for a soft opening now - i really only have a few more lore threads and the board descriptions left to do before i'd be ready to open - but there's one catch. namely that i would love to have a few more "alpha testers" to join during the preliminary phase where the site is together enough for me to pass the link around to some friends to help field-test things while i finish up the rest of the site-building. so i figured i would poke around here to see if anyone was interested.

the site is on jcink premium and will be an 18+ community - apologies to anyone this disappoints. as a quick reminder, we are going to be canon-divergent (set in a universe where ba sing se never fell) with an extended timeline (each "book" lasts fifteen months instead of three so it's been two and a half years since aang was found and it's one year and three months until the comet comes) with canon and original characters both being playable (as well as airbenders and metalbenders and bloodbenders provided they adhere to the site lore and make sense within the context of it) and a strong focus on being character-driven (for example, if someone murders ozai before aang shows up, we'll allow it) to allow members to build up their own site subplots. we'll also be fairly flexible with activity so that we'll be able to give more breathing room to people out in plotting deserts or who are all up to date on threads while putting more pressure on people with big character roles who need to keep things moving. everything else is gonna be pretty standard - no word count, very lgbt+ positive, freeform app, animanga fcs - that i'm not anticipating issues there.

being an alpha tester will get you basically first pick of the claims (i think the only big ones snagged right now are zuko, sokka, and maybe jet) and you'll probably get at least a week to exist on the site before we go into soft open, depending on how long it takes to get everything together, which is a good chance to get some roots laid down for plots. you'll also be doing me a solid because it'll be helpful having more eyes to help find all the things i've missed during that initial building phase.

if you're interested, please reply to this thread. it will help me be able to keep better track of who's interested (versus who's just watching the idea from afar). i'll shoot you a pm at some point to pass a link to the site discord to wait with the rest of us while site building is still aggressively in progress.

thank you!
last edit on Sept 13, 2020 17:50:49 GMT by Kuroya

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
hey guys! building went a little faster than i thought it would, so if you're wanting to help alpha test the site, please let me know as soon as possible so i can get you in before our soft opening!

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.