phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
okay so. i've been kind of eyeing up getting a custom font, but i realized while playing around with my two preferred options that i don't know if they'd be possible (since the shop item just says custom font and i'm not sure exactly how custom you're allowed to get with that-). so uh.

i guess my questions are 1) can you ask for a custom font that isn't from googlefonts provided you provide the coding to make it work (since yes i do have a specific font in mind and it's already hosted and i have the coding to make it work and all that because i use it for other stuff) and 2) can you ask for a little bit more custom styling than just a basic font-family (tl;dr i'm looking to add a bold and maybe a font-size percentage nudge upwards for legibility purposes because the fonts i'm looking at are mostly small and skinny, which makes them terrible to try to read on tags)?

thank you!
last edit on Sept 21, 2020 0:04:54 GMT by Kuroya

the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

, staff have discussed this and tossed it around over the last few days and we've come to the conclusion that we're going to officially limit the custom font item to google fonts only. while we don't doubt that the code you have works, we don't want the custom font item to be an item that is limiting to individuals that can't provide a custom code. limiting the item to google fonts only removes the possibility of individuals feeling as if they have fewer options than others, and ultimately keeps the entire process as streamlined as possible on the staff side.

however, we're absolutely okay with minor font size adjustments being requested with the custom font purchase (since there are even some google fonts that are a bit difficult to read at the default sizes).

the custom font item in the shop will be updated to reflect this decision so that it's more clear moving forward.