phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
catch me screaming softly into the abyss because i don't know when i'd be able to do this or whether i want it to be a public site or if i even want to make this in the first place, but,,,,,,,,,,,, feedback is nice and honestly this is something i'm probably gonna have to do myself if i want it so. yeah.

basically, i've been making eyes a lot lately at the concept of doing a site that's essentially a reimagined version of vampire knight - you don't have to be even remotely familiar with the series to rp on it (since listen this series may be my garbage but it's still garbage and i don't need to subject people to how awful the whole is when i can just take the sum of its parts and go from there), it's largely just "reimagined" in the sense of us yoinking the core idea of a supernatural academy college where each dorm is actually a different supernatural species and the hunters are in charge of keeping order with the "dorm presidents" to make sure the vampires don't go biting humans or bringing dog whistles to class to try to start interspecies warfare. (and imo i'll be borrowing some of the species lore for vampires and hunters but again everything will be on site so you can absolutely be just fine without reading even a wiki page and i'd love to add additional species like wixen and familiars and werewolves and kitsunes and other stuff too tbeh.)

from there, things get a little more.... fuzzy. i know i would like to do a setup where we're oc-focused but if someone wants to play a canon character that's fine as long as they're adapted to the setting (aka no naruto can't be a ninja from ninja village but if you want to make him a dumb freshman kitsune who's running away from his family responsibilities to go be a youtuber, hey, go nuts, i have no problem with that). i've also been playing with the thought of making it an abo / omegaverse site but i'm not sold on that either (since like.... i've been craving some abo stuff but i know some people don't like it even if it would be optional and i can 100% respect that) and while i can work out a way to make it fit with the setting while keeping it optional, i'm also squinting at some of the world-building details for it that i'm not sure i wanna deal with. and like i said. no idea if i wanna make it a public site or go down the route of "no advertising, we live or die by word of mouth + resource site buddies".

(i also can literally guarantee that the site will be hosted on jcink, use animanga fcs, have a fairly easy app form, do a general monthly role call check-in for keeping/dropping characters, and that it'll be set species with set lore but if enough people ask for xyz race then we will consider adding them. starting species rn are probs vampire, werewolf, human, and hunter, with wixen, familiars, kitsune, tengu, and inugami in the works in the near-ish future.)

so yeah uh. would anyone be interested in this in general? can i get some feedback on some of this before i get super invested in the site and run off in a bad direction?
last edit on Nov 20, 2020 2:04:54 GMT by Kuroya