168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
BOKU NO PHANTASM
...YOU CAN TRUST US...

This is a project I’ve been stewing on for a while, but only recently built up enough muse and time to put into writing.

Boku no PHANTASM (“My Phantasm”) draws inspiration from science fiction and its subgenres, particularly mecha and cyberpunk styled IPs.

The story of Boku no PHANTASM focuses primarily on characters known as Zeroes and their attempts to not only reclaim the planet Earth from the alien menace known as Phantom, but also their identity as a people in a world that never asked for them nor, sometimes, even want them around. Hence how important being player-driven is to the story and the roleplay experience as a unit. There is a LOT of opportunity for character development in group, duo, or one-shot settings.

So far, I’m considering setting this site up on JCink because of the Premium feature, but convincing me to move it to Proboards is also possible. I want to either (a) create a skin for the site which might add more time to the development process; or (b) commission someone to do so for me, in which case I’m pretty sure I have most, if not all, of the necessary funds to do so. In the latter case, I will be able to dedicate much more time to fleshing out details that (a) might hinder me from for a while.

It will be on JCink with the Premium feature. Skin and templates have been acquired and coded into the board. :)

The story so far...
The year is 2X19, nearly two hundred years after an inter-dimensional entity known as PHANTOM arrived and conquered planet Earth. Having fled their homeworld on specialized colony-ships known as ARX, humanity took to the stars in an effort to start anew, planting new roots on the Moon and within repurposed ARX. In an effort to combat the PHANTOM, the governing force of the ARX Colonies, going by the name AGENCY, has a specialized mecha called SOPSIS developed. Though effective in battle against this near-invisible threat, the SOPSIS is difficult for its human pilots to control, resulting in innumerable accidental deaths both in testing and in the field. To remedy this, AGENCY launches the ZERO Project, aimed at converting human beings into weaponized supersoldiers, referred to as Zeroes. These soldiers prove a priceless asset to AGENCY, capable of pushing back the PHANTOM in battle and snuffing out the flames of resistance kindling within the colonies.

Meanwhile, the revolutionary group known as Dogma Resistance seeks to free the Zeroes and the people of the ARX Colonies from the corrupt grip of AGENCY, utilizing both peaceful and violent means to further their goals. With tension growing within the Colonies, and the PHANTOM growing more bold in their attacks, fears of civil war or potential annihilation of the human race begin to spread throughout humanities new home. Unbeknownst to them, they are not alone. Back on Earth there are others, left behind during the flight from the PHANTOM, building new lives and doing their best to combat the invisible threat they were abandoned to face alone.

Your target is in sight. Don’t stop until nothing is left.

About the ZEROES

ZEROES were once regular human beings before being taken by AGENCY for their "conversion". The process of changing a human into a Zero involves an intricate process that rewires the brain, enhances their physical abilities, and in some ways "mechanizes" the individual into a powerful killing machine. Zeroes are capable of remarkable physical feats, including being impervious to gunshots or leaping great heights and distances. Many Zeroes also have augmented body parts, such as limbs or eyes, granting further buffs to their already heightened abilities. A primary characteristic of the Zeroes is their coldness, a result of the procedure, that makes them come off as unfriendly (or even antagonistic) towards humans or even one another (granted, in the latter case, Zeroes tend to be friendly towards one another, as they "recognize" one another). Most Zeroes are treated poorly by Colony residents, from whom they acquired the name "Zero" (it's used mostly as a slur against them), instilling a great feeling of resentment towards their unmodified counterparts. As property of AGENCY, Zeroes have few if any rights and are often "decommissioned" via incineration before they reach the age of 35, though there are some exceptions. All of this considered, it is no surprise that many Zeroes have found a home within Dogma Resistance, using their skills in the pursuit of their liberation.

Thoughts, questions, or any sort of feedback is appreciated. Everything helps to keep the hype train rolling.

Until my next update, thanks for reading!

Progress
[100%] Plot
[100%] Mecha (Created in BEAT ARTS II)
[100%] Canons
[pending] Board Construction
[100%] Skin + Templates
[pending] JCink Premium

THE HYPE PLAYLIST
• RIOT - OVERKILL //
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Vsjn4jP0o

• MAN WITH A MISSION - My Hero //
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFOcugSlA60

• MAN WITH A MISSION - Remember Me //
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI0DCYWrq6k

• GHOST DATA - Become God //
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlMGo85AhGo
last edit on May 2, 2021 22:16:13 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
SPIRELE Avatar
This sounds really cool!

In another era I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

Wish u the best of luck n pls update us.

I really appreciate this! Thank you!

mellow♡ Avatar
i want to have a pure time

Many of us want pure times, and there are many to be had.

newyork Avatar
DYING TO SEE YOU

in all srsness, i'm ready to come back to forum rp JUST FOR THIS. keep it up! happy to hear some updates

This one really got me fired up! Lol, thank you!

*drumroll* First (and very exciting) update time!

• Another option in my skin-related search opened up: find someone selling a skin that suits the need. And by golly, I lucked out and stumbled on a couple within my price range that fit the aesthetic I had in my head. Either of them will be perfect for either a permanent skin or to keep things looking *pretty* until I decide to make or commission something in the future. So there’s a big part of the process taken care of!
  • With the above out of the way, and handled way below my initial budget, I will set JCink Prem up within the next couple of weeks. Very hype to see all the chips fall into place so far.
  • My favorite part of the update is the change in title and what it means. Though still drawing inspiration from the Gundam franchise, this project is instead taking on a life of its own. I wanted the name to reflect not only the conflict with Phantom but also the struggles experienced by the people the story contains and the demons they carry. The characters are, after all, the most important part of however this story ends up unfolding. It is considering this and the stories to be told that I decided to go ahead and dub this project “Boku no PHANTASM”, or “My Phantasm” — to connote these proverbial ghosts.
  • While fleshing out everything about the “Zeroes” and pushing forward in the writing process, I’ve contemplated different ways of making their interaction with this world (or the colonies, rather) really pop. The results been very good, and I’m very excited to share them once I have everything written, proofread, and edited for consistency.

This is it for the time being unless I suddenly remember something and need to make another quick update. More updates to come in the future! There may even be one by the end of the holiday weekend, we’ll see how things go. Regardless, progress is being made and things are moving forward.

Thank you to everyone that has liked and/or replied to this so far. It’s really keeping the muse train alive. Please feel free to leave any feedback! Every bit helps.

c o m i n g s o o n

pronounsidc
62written posts
newyorkearned bits
offlinecurrently
newyork
newyork Avatar
omg, i love the name change. LIKE STOP IT WEEB, YOU'RE MAKING ME WEEB OUT. ( hahaha please laugh at me )

I think finding a premade skin that you like first before waiting for a commission might be the best thing that you can do. While it's nice to have a skin all of your own, it would theoretically take longer than you'd like it to. and on the topic of aesthetic.

....if you wanna drop some pics of aesthetics that inspire you for the site....i would really like it.

once i have a better idea of your vision of the zeros and the world, i might be able to offer some suggestions and the like. so don't feel bad if you can't figure things out right away! sometimes it takes some time and rediting to get things the way that you want it. keep it up!!
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
newyork Avatar
omg, i love the name change. LIKE STOP IT WEEB, YOU'RE MAKING ME WEEB OUT. ( hahaha please laugh at me )

I think finding a premade skin that you like first before waiting for a commission might be the best thing that you can do. While it's nice to have a skin all of your own, it would theoretically take longer than you'd like it to. and on the topic of aesthetic.

....if you wanna drop some pics of aesthetics that inspire you for the site....i would really like it.

once i have a better idea of your vision of the zeros and the world, i might be able to offer some suggestions and the like. so don't feel bad if you can't figure things out right away! sometimes it takes some time and rediting to get things the way that you want it. keep it up!!

I'll stop weebing out when you do, and not a minute sooner!

I've got a collection of songs and images that have inspired me, and will definitely be including them in the next update. The trick is gathering them all between my phone and laptop, as my bookmarking and saving game is very messy lol. It's a wonder I find anything these days.

And with the Zeroes and the world, I plan on including more information on both with the next update! But there will definitely be more information coming soon about the Zeroes, I am loving how everything about them is coming together.

Thanks, and stay tuned!

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
Revised the plot section to reflect "The story so far..." with a few additional details. Next update will provide expanded information on the Type-0/Zeroes and AGENCY. Also added an image to the top of the OP, which may or may not server as a banner. We'll see what I find as I poke around and gather more aesthetic/muse stuff.

I am also in the process of creating a Discord server for anyone interested in following along/aiding with the process. It's where I'm going to start dropping my notes and whatnot to keep everything in one tidy place. Add me on Discord or send me a PM if interested.

Until the next one, have a merry Christmas/happy holidays!

Also, two additional hype/inspiration tunes: "Broken People" and "Remember Me", both by MAN WITH A MISSION.
They give me the hype, yes.

EDIT: Nuts to it, I just posted what is more or less my hype playlist in the OP too. Hope you like the jams if you haven't heard these songs already. They're fantastic. ^^
last edit on Jan 1, 2021 18:39:03 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
New year, new update!

Here's what's been going on since the last one:

• The design for the first generation of the AT-1 Sospes is complete. You may have noticed it already in the OP banner and the sig button, but a full view of this beautiful machine can be viewed HERE. I created Sospes using the mecha creator in BREAK ARTS II, and will be working to refine it over the course of the next few days. These refined designs will serve as variants of the original Sospes design to give a bit of variation. That said, I've decided that use of the standard mecha is going to be the only thing allowed for the time being. From what I've seen, too many folks rush to modify what's already available and/or make their own machine entirely.

No, you will use Sossy and you will like it.
  • The "skeleton" as to how the site will be constructed is more or less done, and I will be piecing all of that together over the next week or so. I had trouble deciding if I was going to throw things in different posts or if I'd just put all the important information on a custom webpage. Since I've got a good setup for the latter, that will be the route I take. Everything will be in one neat place. As a friend likes to say, "Mise en place!"
  • Observing some conversation back and forth in other threads on Pixel, I've decided the use of face claims will not be required, though it will definitely be recommended. I first RP'd in the old days when people described their characters, and I loved it. I've got the feeling that'd be a good habit to bring back, in whole or in part.
  • The "backstory" for the Type-0 Humanae, also known as the Zeroes is complete! This includes why they were made, how they're created, and how this conversion impacts the characters that go through it. I'm very excited to see the kinds of characters people come up with using this device, as a couple I've thrown together so far to "try out" various elements of development have exceeded my expectations.
  • Canon roles within the in-game universe are just about complete. The more I develop the world of Phantasm, the more potential canon plots pop up and thus roles to be filled appear. There aren't a lot, but there are a good few. Plenty for folks to settle down and plug in to the plot setup and start influencing the world of the roleplay in a tangible way.
  • Though the site is, for the most part, a PvE type of setting (I guess), I do plan on eventually incorporating some PvP type elements depending on how the plot develops. This is another aspect of the site I'm looking forward to, as the Sospes isn't a ridiculously-fast-Gundam-type-machine-that-just-dodges-everything-effortlessly. You will get hit and you will get hit often. That's why the machine has the armor it has, to take abuse.
  • Even though I've intentionally decided to have the Phantom be invisible to the naked eye, I am in the process of either (a) designing myself or (b) finding a good image elsewhere to represent what they'd look like if they could be seen/how they appear on the Sossy's sensors. They're meant to be pretty scary, and quite large. It's gonna be dope.

Until next time! Stay tuned! :D

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
Ohhhh heck, it's ya boy with another update. This one's a doozy, since I've been kinda MIA for a while. Forgive me. uwu

SO WHAT'S UP WITH PHANTASM?

[/b] A LOT OF PROGRESS has been made, believe it or not! Most of it has been sitting in my head, evolving over time as I refine some ideas, try to make more sense of things, blah blah blah. It is now all in the process of making it into writing, hopefully being wrapped up within the next week or so. I'm definitely feeling May for things being finished up, roughly 2-3 weeks at my current rate (I can only work on stuff on the weekends, bahahahaaaaaa, adulthood).

The story has retained many original elements but has been overhauled a good bit in an effort to make the story and lore less complicated. This update of things will be fully fleshed out and posted in the original post tomorrow! I am very excited to share the developments, as I think it'll add a bit for everyone: more lax elements for more slice-of-life enjoyers, bits of political intrigue, fighting against eldrazi-style monster aliens, fighting against one another. Did I mention the mecha too? Lol yes, yes--there will be mecha too.

I don't know how I got slowed down piecing the board together, but that will also be done sometime this weekend, I think. I just need to determine which locations in the lore to add to the site right away vs those that can wait for a bit.

Updated the inspiration/hype song. It's a bop, give it a listen. c;[/ul]

Until next time, which is tomorrow, for the plot revamp! Thanks to everyone that has followed this in the past, those I've gotten a smidge of feedback from along the way, and whoever is giving it a look now. I am super hype for this project!

-w
    last edit on May 1, 2021 1:27:46 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

aliasraisin
    pronounsshur
    87written posts
    reisenearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    reisen
    Spring '21 Dev Completionist
    reisen Avatar
    saw this as i was drafting up mecha stuff of my own; cool concept! gundam vibes certainly, but also it reminds me of break blade, where the magic-less can't operate mecha, or the imaginary numbers from front mission 3 who have specialized genetic makeups to become "perfect" combat pilots.
    aliaswissh
    pronounshe/him
    168written posts
    FYEearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    FYE
    FYE Avatar
    UPDATES have been added to the opening post, but can be viewed here for convenience!

This revision I felt was necessary, as the original plot I was working on was becoming a little to complex for my liking, and I think that would have been a hindrance to role-playing the story of PHANTASM. A lot of this involved how the Phantom and Zeroes worked, which has been simplified a bit to make it easier to understand and incorporate into the rest of the site lore and for writing characters. I was able to make these revisions while also adding more depth to the lore and situations within the world of PHANTASM, making for a bit of fun for everyone. There's some corporate shenanigans, rebels, monsters, mecha--all that good stuff. It's gonna be a solid, pure slap of a time. Once things are ironed out (I'll probably be ready to "test" things out in a few weeks), I hope to see some of you that have been lurking about and/or following this there!

Until next time, Pixel!

~W!SH

Story Revision
    The year is 2X19, nearly two hundred years after an inter-dimensional entity known as PHANTOM arrived and conquered planet Earth. Having fled their home-world on specialized colony-ships known as ARX, humanity took to the stars in an effort to start anew, planting new roots on the Moon and within repurposed ARX. In an effort to combat the PHANTOM, the governing force of the ARX Colonies, going by the name AGENCY, has a specialized mecha called SOPSIS developed. Though effective in battle against this near-invisible threat, the SOPSIS is difficult for its human pilots to control, resulting in innumerable accidental deaths both in testing and in the field. To remedy this, AGENCY launches the ZERO Project, aimed at converting human beings into weaponized super-soldiers, referred to as Zeroes. These soldiers prove a priceless asset to AGENCY, capable of pushing back the PHANTOM in battle and snuffing out the flames of resistance kindling within the colonies.

Meanwhile, the revolutionary group known as Dogma Resistance seeks to free the Zeroes and the people of the ARX Colonies from the corrupt grip of AGENCY, utilizing both peaceful and violent means to further their goals. With tension growing within the Colonies, and the PHANTOM growing more bold in their attacks, fears of civil war or potential annihilation of the human race begin to spread throughout humanities new home. Unbeknownst to them, they are not alone. Back on Earth there are others, left behind during the flight from the PHANTOM, building new lives and doing their best to combat the invisible threat they were abandoned to face alone.

Your target is in sight. Don’t stop until nothing is left.

Information on the Zeroes
    ZEROES were once regular human beings before being taken by AGENCY for their "conversion". The process of changing a human into a Zero involves an intricate process that rewires the brain, enhances their physical abilities, and in some ways "mechanizes" the individual into a powerful killing machine. Zeroes are capable of remarkable physical feats, including being impervious to gunshots or leaping great heights and distances. Many Zeroes also have augmented body parts, such as limbs or eyes, granting further buffs to their already heightened abilities. A primary characteristic of the Zeroes is their coldness, a result of the procedure, that makes them come off as unfriendly (or even antagonistic) towards humans or even one another (granted, in the latter case, Zeroes tend to be friendly towards one another, as they "recognize" one another). Most Zeroes are treated poorly by Colony residents, from whom they acquired the name "Zero" (it's used mostly as a slur against them), instilling a great feeling of resentment towards their unmodified counterparts. As property of AGENCY, Zeroes have few if any rights and are often "decommissioned" via incineration before they reach the age of 35, though there are some exceptions. All of this considered, it is no surprise that many Zeroes have found a home within Dogma Resistance, using their skills in the pursuit of their liberation.

c o m i n g s o o n