Self Love

5written posts
mummerearned bits
offlinecurrently
mummer
mummer Avatar
You work hard. Every day. Every day you go to work, and you go to school, and you come back, and you struggle. And it's just... constant. Constantly doing the same thing, looking to fill up the pieces of time when you aren't working or fixated. You find baseless entertainment everywhere, gobbling up distractions as much as you do the pills. And then when the party's over you feel absolutely, bone-crushingly alone.

You met her at a club. Between flashing lights and a drug-induced haze, you thought she was familiar.

And you were right. It just took you the morning after to realize from where.

... Are you even into girls?

She said it's cool if you are. And it's cool if you aren't. And sometimes it's a lot easier just to... not bog yourself down with it implications and just... you know, live in the moment.

She's such a fucking mess. You know that. Everyone knows that. But she's fun and carefree and you envy that in your own way, even if you see - clearly - how that works out for her. How does it feel to be hungry? And alone? With nobody to care? They care when it's fun. But when it stops being fun she's the first to be cut. Does she even realize that?

Maybe you like collecting strays. Or maybe you just... wanted to be a good friend for once. But your couch is always open when she needs somewhere to crash. You just... never expected she could end up helping you w, too. How long will this even last?

Tldr.

> Open Relationship + Potential Poly + Lesbian Romance are the tags. More or less, imagine a one-night-stand turned... friend... turned... close friend... turned... something weird and nebulous... turned... what? business? partners? maybe? But it's casual and cool and honestly, sometimes turning your brain off is a good thing.

> My character is Properly Known as a mess. Unreliable, fickle, go-with-the-flow, eternally optimistic, and living by a prayer.

> Your character has their Shit Together. Or so it looks. I mean, they have all the hallmarks of success, right? I mean. Recreational drug use might be sketchy but everyone has their vice. Non-tradtional lifestyles might be nontraditional, but she's a realist kickin' ass and takin' names and - fuck, why does she... feel so unsatisfied? and disappointed? with her life?

> Your character runs a tattoo parlor. And/or was (at one point) going to university for fine art, and/or understudying with a more accomplished tattooist in the city.

> Your character's business has been struggling. And your character had no idea the stray they've let crash on their couch and in their bed occasionally actually? Is? A? Really? Good? Tattooist? And what... is gonna help for... what? Cuddles? I mean your character has some doubts and some :grimace: because she knows full well mine might be here today and gone tomorrow but at the same time... Is it wrong to need help sometimes? And to accept it?

Details.

> Any face and age and magical (or nonmagical) status will work, but we'd prefer a lady (cis or otherwise) for the role.

> The theme for the plot is... self love. Learning to love oneself and find satisfaction in life. Learning to be open and accepting. Imagine some Pretty Woman scenes, but like, two chicks. :* But don't worry, there's plenty of ways to slot in angst if you'd like.

> They have an on/off casual thing going on. Whether it's sexual, emotional, or both is totally up for debate, especially if your character is new to feeling some kind of way for the same gender or otherwise. My character's cool with the open and poly nature of it (she's a "Do What Feels Right" kind of person) but yours may not be. And that's totally something for them to navigate together.

> There's a lotta layers to this and angles we can take that I'm interested in exploring. And would v much like whomever takes the wanted to be interested and willing to dive into them. I'd love to see your character develop beyond the confines of this relationship / connection / plot between you and I. And there is no "End Goal" with them in mind. My hope is they both become more emotionally healthy (they both got shit to sort through), but that's all TBD. 

> Also would like my partner for this to be able to reserve time to post at least (1) a week.

If you're interested feel free to contact me on discord @ Mummer#2410 or on the forum itself. We can do some brainstorm and see if we mesh, but there's no pressure / obligation to take the ad if we chat and aren't feeling it, or have different directions we wanna go!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.