be as you've always been

pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
emma Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Montserrat+Alternates:600,700|Inconsolata:400,700|Roboto:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.unb-contain] --unb-accent-1:#D095A1; [/newclass]

[attr="class","unb-contain"]
[attr="class","unb-img"]

[attr="class","unb-app"]

[attr="class","unb-body"]

when the gyre widens

on a window, wave breaks

Eleanor von Varley, the youngest scion of the noble & pious House Varley, has lived a charmed life. Doted on by a gaggle of older brothers and extended family, Ellie has had little reason to be anything other than a ray of sunshine for those she encounters in her life. A generous heart and an aptitude for Faith magic were nurtured through her family's long-held ties to the Church of Seiros, and when she was accepted into the prestigious Garreg Mach University for her first year, she continued her Faith studies as her family expected -- she was nothing if not an obedient daughter. Her grandmother, the Dowager Countess and unofficial head of the house, had groomed her from a young age to become a priestess in the Church, and perhaps it appeared to an outside observer that young Ellie would do just that. The more time she spent in the melting pot of Garreg Mach University, however, the more her interests widened, and by the end of her first year she began to contemplate a wider focus of study to include Reason magic as well. Perhaps someday she would even become a professor, if she proved her worth.[break][break]

Life has a way of upending everyone's plans, however, and during the end-of-term celebrations following The Battle of the Eagle and Lion, the world turned upside down. Adrestia's prime minister, and Faerghus's king were murdered, and the Archbishop and Adrestian emperor were gravely injured. In the wake of the attack, Garreg Mach city-state was placed under martial law, and in the ensuing lockdown no one was allowed to enter or leave the city. Any university students that were left behind were enrolled in mandatory officers' academy courses in order to fill in the ranks of the Knights of Seiros, which had been greatly thinned in the aftermath. Now Eleanor has found herself conscripted into medic training, and Fodlan holds its breath as it waits to see how the chips will fall. The girl wishes to help where she can in the wake of this disaster, but she finds herself having to grow up fast as war looms on the horizon.

index

point tally

character blurb: 1 point [break]
aesthetic image: 1 point[break]
playlist: 5 points + 1 point (20 songs)[break]
moodboard: 2 points[break]
ship questionnaire: 5 points[break]
character questionnaire: 5 points[break]
drabble: 5 points [break]
patterns x6 + palette: 7 points [break]
aesthetic image: 1 point[break]
quotes x3: 3 points[break]
TOTAL POINT TALLY: 36 POINTS

[attr="class","unb-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.unb-contain] width:520px; background-color:#fafafa; overflow:hidden; border:1px solid #d9d9d9; border-radius:5px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unb-img:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:500px; height:250px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mMY3io/3_copy.png); filter:invert(1); opacity:.1; left:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unb-img] width:500px; height:250px; margin:10px 0px 11px 0px; position:relative; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 5px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-app] width:50px; height:50px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; background-color:#fafafa; position:absolute; top:240px; border-radius:100%; border:1px solid #D9D9D9; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-app a] font-size: 15px; background: var(--unb-accent-1)!important; text-decoration: none!important; display: flex; width: 30px; height: 30px; align-items: center; justify-content: center; border-radius: 100%; color: #fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-app a:before] content:'\ecb5'; font-family: "honeybee"!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body] width:520px; background-color:#f6f6f6; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body h1] margin:0px 0px; padding:25px 25px; display:flex; background-color:#eaeaea; flex-flow:column nowrap; outline:1px solid #d9d9d9; border:1px solid #fcfcfc; font:700 36px/36px montserrat alternates; color:#aaa; color:var(--unb-accent-1); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, -1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body span] display:block; font:400 12px inconsolata; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, -1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc; text-transform:uppercase; color:#aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div] padding:50px; text-align:justify; font:400 12px roboto; color:#9a9a9a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div h2] margin:0px 10px; display:inline-block; background-color:#aaa; background-color:var(--unb-accent-1); padding:2px 10px; color:#F6F6F6; font:600 10px montserrat alternates; border-radius:2px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div b] font:700 12px montserrat alternates; color:var(--unb-accent-1); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, -1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div i] color:#bbb; border-bottom:1px solid var(--unb-accent-1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-credit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:450px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-credit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unb-contain .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]
last edit on May 14, 2021 23:59:22 GMT by emma
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Slab:400]

[newclass=.xo-moodboard] --xo-accent:#D095A1; [/newclass]

[attr="class","xo-moodboard"]
[attr="class","xo-title"]

[attr="class","th th-broken-heart-o"]

fly like a butterfly

[attr="class","xo-board"]

[attr="class","xo-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.xo-moodboard] width:610px; background-color:#eee; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-title] padding:25px 0px; background-color:#aaa; background-color:var(--xo-accent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:flex-end; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-title h1] margin:0px 25px 0px 0px; max-width:510px; text-align:right; padding:25px 25px; border-radius:5px; font:400 25px/25px roboto slab; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#eee; color:#aaa; color:var(--xo-accent); text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; display:flex; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-title h1 span] display:inline; font-size:25px; line-height:25px; margin-right:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-board] height:585px; padding:25px 0px 0px 0px; width:610px; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; align-items:flex-start; justify-content:flex-start; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-board div] padding:10px; background-color:#ddd; margin-left:25px; margin-bottom:25px; border-radius:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-board img] display:block; border-radius:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-credit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:525px; [/newclass] [newclass=.xo-credit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.xo-moodboard .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=.th-broken-heart-o:before]content:"\e965"; font-family:"honeybee";[/newclass]
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
SHIP QUESTIONNAIRE

1. How did you meet your partner(s)? What was your first impression?
We met at a study group for a Faith magic class we were both taking. He was… quiet, at first, but seemed like he really wanted to learn, and not just get by enough to pass the quiz. The more study sessions we had together, the more he opened up, and he always seemed really sweet -- bringing homemade cookies for the group, that kind of thing.

5. Are you positively impacting each others' lives? If so, how?
I like to think we are! Things are… difficult right now in Garreg Mach, and it doesn't seem like the lockdown will be lifted anytime soon… but when we're together, no matter what we're doing, it all doesn't seem quite so dire. It's important to hold on to what happiness we can in dark times, I feel.

13. Do you trust each other?
Yes. With our lives, literally. I don't think either of us imagined we'd end up as field medics on the battlefield… but now that we're both here, for better or for worse, I know at least that I can count on him to watch my back, just like I'm always watching his.

17. Do you forgive each other's mistakes easily?
Yes, always. Some might say we're probably too forgiving… but life is too short to hold onto grudges, especially against someone you love for little things.

21. Do you feel accepted as you are in your relationship?
Yes, unconditionally…. My family has always had high standards for me, and sometimes I'm afraid that I'm never meeting them… but it's not like that with Llewellyn. We push each other to be the best we can be, but he's never made me feel as if my best isn't enough.

27. Do you look forward to your future with your partner(s)?
Yes, wherever it might take us. Sometimes it's hard to imagine what a future might look like, with world affairs as uncertain as they are. In normal times, a future for us might have even been impossible -- neither of our families would approve, I'm sure. Now, though, everything seems to be changing, and I think we can forge our own future together, if we just reach out and take that chance.
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
CHARACTER QUESTIONNAIRE

7. Do you wear makeup? If so, what does it usually look like?
I don't wear it very often, and when I do I tend to use a light touch. Grandmama always said that make-up was a layer of deceit between our faces and the Goddess. I don't know if that's really true, but I was never allowed to keep much of it at home, and only ever wore it for formal occasions. Now it just seems like just an extra burden that I don't have time for. Besides, it's not as if anyone expects their field medics to be looking flawless on the battlefield.

9. What's your favorite form of media? Your favorite genre within that medium?
I've always loved to read, and even though I don't have very much free time for it these days, I still keep a book with me when I can. I read a little bit of everything, but I always gravitate back to fantasy after a while.

10. What's your sexual orientation? Romantic orientation?
Demisexual heteroromantic.

17. Is there a particular subject you excel at?
I've always been pretty good at school, but faith magic has always come easiest to me. Reason magic wasn't as much of a focus when I was studying at home, but now that I've taken more courses on it at university I've found I'm actually quite good at it as well.

29. What are some hobbies of yours?
Reading, baking, horseback riding, playing piano, singing.

pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","spreaddis"]
[attr="class","spreaddis1"]
[attr="class","spreaddis2"]
[attr="class","spreaddis3"]
[attr="class","spreaddisjournal"]

DRABBLE: THE AFTERMATH

[attr="class","spreaddisjournal1"]

Ellie curled up in the plush armchair, her arms wrapped around her knees as she tried to block out the noise. Her father's shouts into the phone carried through the closed door to his office into the drawing room of his quarters in the Adrestian Embassy. The news droned on from the TV in the center of the room, but she wasn't really listening anymore. The Prime Minister was dead, and the rest of the family had left ahead of her father -- but now the two of them were trapped in the Embassy, the city's gates were shut, and the world had gone to pieces in the span of a few short hours.[break]
She'd sent a flurry of text messages as soon as she'd realized they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Ena, Vero, Ivara, Rose, Elena, Issy, Wells... Please text me back when you get this. I'm with Papa at the embassy. Please let me know you're okay. Some variation of that same message had gone out to everyone she could possibly think of, and now it seemed all she could do was wait.[break]

Shouts and the crack of a gunshot echoed outside on the streets below, and Ellie curled more tightly inwards, her thumb brushing over the gem of the bracelet Wells had given her mere hours before. Goddess, please, hear me.... she began to silently pray once again. Please give me strength...

"I'm going, Papa, and that's the end of it!"[break]
Ellie didn't think she'd ever raised her voice in front of her father before. There was a first time for everything, she supposed -- and when the university had announced that they would be training students to fill in the ranks of the Knights, Ellie knew that she had to join them. It would be dangerous, maybe, and she had not forgotten her brief foray into combat during the mock battle that now felt like an eternity ago. Maybe she wouldn't end up being any help at all -- but she knew she couldn't stay here, endlessly waiting, useless and weak.
[break]
"... Fine," her father finally sighed. He looked like he'd aged a decade in the few days since the lockdown began. Perhaps he had simply run out of energy to object. "Goddess forgive me if you get yourself killed. Your grandmother never would."

[attr="class","spreaddisjournal2"]
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto Mono:400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.spreaddis]border:solid 1px #c291b3;background-color:#e9e9e9;padding:4px;width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddis1]background-color:#c291b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddis2]padding:15px;background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(250,250,250,.15), rgba(250,250,250,1));[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddis3]padding:35px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisjournal]color:#f9f9f9;background-color:#c291b3;padding:35px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font:9px Roboto Mono;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisjournal div]float:right;opacity:.55;font:12px Roboto Mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisjournal1]padding:34px;border-left:solid 1px #e0e0e0;border-right:solid 1px #e0e0e0;background-color:#eeeeee;font:10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify;color:#555555;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisjournal2]height:5px;background-color:#c291b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisjournal1 b]font:9px Roboto Mono;color:#c291b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisjournal1 i]font:9px Roboto Mono;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
last edit on May 14, 2021 23:41:50 GMT by emma
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Slab:400]

[newclass=.xo-moodboard] --xo-accent:#D095A1; [/newclass]

[attr="class","xo-moodboard"]
[attr="class","xo-title"]

[attr="class","th th-broken-heart-o"]

fly like a butterfly

[attr="class","xo-board"]

[attr="class","1xo-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.xo-moodboard] width:610px; background-color:#eee; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-title] padding:25px 0px; background-color:#aaa; background-color:var(--xo-accent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:flex-end; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-title h1] margin:0px 25px 0px 0px; max-width:510px; text-align:right; padding:25px 25px; border-radius:5px; font:400 25px/25px roboto slab; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#eee; color:#aaa; color:var(--xo-accent); text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; display:flex; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-title h1 span] display:inline; font-size:25px; line-height:25px; margin-right:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-board] height:585px; padding:25px 0px 0px 0px; width:610px; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; align-items:flex-start; justify-content:flex-start; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-board div] padding:10px; background-color:#ddd; margin-left:25px; margin-bottom:25px; border-radius:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-board img] display:block; border-radius:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.xo-credit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:525px; [/newclass] [newclass=.xo-credit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.xo-moodboard .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=.th-broken-heart-o:before]content:"\e965"; font-family:"honeybee";[/newclass]
last edit on May 14, 2021 23:57:27 GMT by emma
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","spreaddisimg"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.spreaddis]border:solid 1px #c291b3;background-color:#e9e9e9;padding:4px;width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddis2]padding:15px;background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(250,250,250,.15), rgba(250,250,250,1));[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddis3]padding:35px;padding-bottom:29px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisimg]background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 5px #c291b3;padding:1px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font:9px Roboto Mono;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:1px;margin-bottom:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisimg img]width:100%;margin-bottom:-2px;filter:grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);-moz-filter:grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition: all .3s ease;-moz-transition: all .3s ease;-o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisimg img:hover]filter:grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);-moz-filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
last edit on May 14, 2021 23:34:28 GMT by emma
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","spreaddisquote"]

you can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop spring from coming.

pablo neruda

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.spreaddisquote]color:#f9f9f9;background-color:#c291b3;padding:45px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font:14px Roboto Mono;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisquote h1]padding-top:15px;text-align:right;opacity:.55;font:9px Roboto Mono;[/newclass]

be like a rose, [break]
soft as thorns

bridgett devoue

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.spreaddisquote]color:#f9f9f9;background-color:#c291b3;padding:45px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font:14px Roboto Mono;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spreaddisquote h1]padding-top:15px;text-align:right;opacity:.55;font:9px Roboto Mono;[/newclass]

kindness is the greatest endangered thing. [break]
and here you are, existing, with your heart so full with it.

nikita gill

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

last edit on May 14, 2021 23:53:40 GMT by emma
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW