✿ ⋮ TIR CHONAILL | mabinogi, harvest moon, rune fact

65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
omg actual skill trees and progression systems??? i've honest to god have been dying for that, i miss the days of old with harvest moon rps where it was an actual point to build up your farm, and it felt so satisfying, watching after a year that my character's farm went from a dirt patch to a thriving farm that he was able to have a family on. that's an experience ive been wanting to have again for years now. im so much more excited for this than i was -check watch- 5 hours ago haha

Yessss, the current system is: Each character will have max of two talents. When these talents level up, it unlocks more skills. You can level individual skills as well. This will be done with AP (ability points) - this AP is gained through posting. -- this is STILL a work in progress. 

For combat / dungeons are also playing around with the idea of party formations. Certain party formations provides advantages and consequences when battling monsters. Monsters deal specific damage and effects, and someone (or whole party collectively) has to roll above a threshold to defeat the said monster. Every time you don't achieve rolling that number, party members lose HP and other consequences. You keep going until you roll the correct number range, retreat, or in rare cases die. :(  

This is still under construction and any feedback is appreciated 💜 

65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
PHIMBO Avatar
this is cute tbh — i have a lot on my plate so i can't say i'd commit, but i wanted 2 say this is something missing in the community and u have my full support !!!

Honestly, support is everything. Thank you soooo much. It won't be launched for a while, so if you ever change your mind *nudge* *nudge*. But seriously the support I have received is filling my heart. Can't wait to build this thing dfsjiosdjfifodj

65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
siel Avatar
gosh, this sounds SPLENDID. you've already roped me in with the wonderful premise, the names sound like they come right out of a story book.

i adore the idea of building a settlement and seeing players contribute to the main storyline. a good skin could go a long way toward making this concept even more immersive, such as adding an interactive map that updates as we progress.

i haven't coded recreationally in awhile, but if you can't find someone to build this, i'd be happy to assist. i can also help troubleshoot if you're coding this yourself. looking forward to this!!

IM DEF *SLAMMING ON THAT PM BUTTON* 📨 !

last edit on Jun 28, 2021 2:25:35 GMT by jar
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
giga Avatar
!!! This is a such a cute vibe. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this! I'm not usually a fan of skills or systems intensive rps, but I like the idea of building a settlement and the whole cozy village vibes so this would be something I'd love to actually explore! Please keep us updated!

I completely understand! I am not a fan of overly complex gaming systems in role-plays either. The mechanics will be as simple as possible. The goal is to use the mechanics as an expression for character distinction (charas need to be special 🌟), add to the strategic fun as a group, plot, and surprise -- rather than a main focus of the role-play. Character relationships will be centered, and this is a tool to help drive them forward, rather than take away. A good compromise is to allow non-mechanics threads -- this may be implemented in some way. I'll def keep you updated, super grateful for the interest. 💜 
last edit on Jun 28, 2021 3:15:24 GMT by jar
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
jar Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
omg actual skill trees and progression systems??? i've honest to god have been dying for that, i miss the days of old with harvest moon rps where it was an actual point to build up your farm, and it felt so satisfying, watching after a year that my character's farm went from a dirt patch to a thriving farm that he was able to have a family on. that's an experience ive been wanting to have again for years now. im so much more excited for this than i was -check watch- 5 hours ago haha
Yessss, the current system is: Each character will have max of two talents. When these talents level up, it unlocks more skills. You can level individual skills as well. This will be done with AP (ability points) - this AP is gained through posting. -- this is STILL a work in progress. 

For combat / dungeons are also playing around with the idea of party formations. Certain party formations provides advantages and consequences when battling monsters. Monsters deal specific damage and effects, and someone (or whole party collectively) has to roll above a threshold to defeat the said monster. Every time you don't achieve rolling that number, party members lose HP and other consequences. You keep going until you roll the correct number range, retreat, or in rare cases die. :(  

This is still under construction and any feedback is appreciated 💜 

systems, progression & PvE with a collab focus? 
last edit on Jun 28, 2021 6:02:52 GMT by Deleted
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
watcher Avatar
As a fan of Rune Factory and farming games, this tickles my interest a lot.

...can I be an amnesiac isekai protagonist XD

At this point, I don't see why not. I LOVE that trope so mucccchhhh.

thank you for showing interest, keeping my motivation aalliive. 

last edit on Jun 28, 2021 19:19:50 GMT by jar
65written posts
jarearned bits
offlinecurrently
jar
jar Avatar
yumyums Avatar
Hm...what races/species are available to play? Might be interested.

At the moment:

Humans
Elven
Giants
Formors (or Beastfolk) //haven't decided on the name yet.

Let me know if you have any more questions, will be happy to answer.